A question for Canadians

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I don't think anybody is ready for the results or the fall out that will surely follow; ie, a total meltdown of our political, social, economic and legal systems.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I don't think anybody is ready for the results or the fall out that will surely follow; ie, a total meltdown of our political, social, economic and legal systems.

A fallout over "Domesday"? I think fans of domed stadiums will find enjoyment in such a unique celebration.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
It should be held in the Rogers Centre in Toronto.
If we're going to have a day in a dome, we should have it in Montreal and actually use the dome they took 40 years to pay for to make Montrealers feel better. lol

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
It'd be a cold day in hell before the gov't ever encouraged a process that would likely result in its own funeral. And it wouldn't matter which party was in gov't, either. They both caused the mess. Good luck with the provincial gov'ts, too.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
We had a friend that lived in Montreal. He sent pictures. For a city, it looked like a pretty one. I wouldn't mind checking it out for a few days and go see the dome that took 40 years to pay for. lol

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Should we call for a full audit of the countries books? Including provinces, municipalities, the works..

Our own "Domesday"

Oh yes, definatly call for a full audit of all Canadian books, including Provinces, Cities, towns and local clubs. All in favor of it say Aye. :roll:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Oh yes, definatly call for a full audit of all Canadian books, including Provinces, Cities, towns and local clubs. All in favor of it say Aye. :roll:
Are there enough accountants in Canada to undertake such a colossal job? Just imagine trying to do the books in the US! The economy would be at a stand still for a few decades.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
We are 10 times larger with probably 100X more accountants with 75% out of work (used to work for banks), we can spare some for ya. :lol:

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Are there enough accountants in Canada to undertake such a colossal job? Just imagine trying to do the books in the US! The economy would be at a stand still for a few decades.

Yes there are. It already happens. The books of all elected bodies must be audited each year.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
We had a friend that lived in Montreal. He sent pictures. For a city, it looked like a pretty one. I wouldn't mind checking it out for a few days and go see the dome that took 40 years to pay for. lol

Anna, if you ever get the chance to visit Montreal do so. I am sure from what I have learned about you here that you would love the city. I sure did. It is a real trip walking the cobblestone streets of the old city and seeing buildings that were built before we were even a country. There is so much to see in the city and the people are simply wonderful. Never did I have one moment when my lack of French was a problem. I had a wonderful time in Montreal when I visited there for my daughter's graduation.