Ruby Dhalla

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Now, I been waiting for days for someone to bring this up.

I didn't want to do it, for fear someone would think I was Liberal-bashing> (Perish the thought!)

Dear Ruby, Sweetheart of the Liberal Party of Canada, Cabinet minister, uncontested loveliest of them all, Champion of Canadian multiculturialism..........appears to be, in reality, an elitist psycho-bitch. (My heart leaps with joy!)

A sense of entitlement is, of course, part and parcel of the upper crust of the Liberal Party.......but Dear Ruby has carried it to an extreme! Immigrant ladies hired to aid her ailing mother claim they were worked 16 hours a day for the paltry sum of $250 a week........illegal, under Ontario law........forced to do work they had not hired on for........forced to do unpaid overtime.....illegal, under Ontario law........had their pay with held.......illegal under Ontario law, and YES! the best of the best! Had their passports seized by the winsome Ruby! A serious Federal crime!

Slavery brought to Canada! Multiculturialism and Liberal ethics at their finest! Gotta LOVE it!

And, oh, it is just the gift that gives on giving.......the Liberal gov't of Dalton Dumbass McGuinty has admitted his Labour Minister exhibited "a bit of a tin ear" when told of the situation at a Town Hall meeting.

To say the least!

Gotta love it!

And now I'm going to exercise my old Reform persecution complex......and suggest that had this been a Conservative, the denizens of these forums would have been on this like flies on....you know......

But, I can't be brought down! Hand me that Bashing Branch! It is just too damn easy!

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

I didn't want to do it, for fear someone would think I was Liberal-bashing> (Perish the thought!)

Dear Ruby, Sweetheart of the Liberal Party of Canada, Cabinet minister, uncontested loveliest of them all, Champion of Canadian multiculturialism..........appears to be, in reality, an elitist psycho-bitch. (My heart leaps with joy!)

A sense of entitlement is, of course, part and parcel of the upper crust of the Liberal Party.......but Dear Ruby has carried it to an extreme! Immigrant ladies hired to aid her ailing mother claim they were worked 16 hours a day for the paltry sum of $250 a week........illegal, under Ontario law........forced to do work they had not hired on for........forced to do unpaid overtime.....illegal, under Ontario law........had their pay with held.......illegal under Ontario law, and YES! the best of the best! Had their passports seized by the winsome Ruby! A serious Federal crime!

Slavery brought to Canada! Multiculturialism and Liberal ethics at their finest! Gotta LOVE it!

And, oh, it is just the gift that gives on giving.......the Liberal gov't of Dalton Dumbass McGuinty has admitted his Labour Minister exhibited "a bit of a tin ear" when told of the situation at a Town Hall meeting.

To say the least!

Gotta love it!

And now I'm going to exercise my old Reform persecution complex......and suggest that had this been a Conservative, the denizens of these forums would have been on this like flies on....you know......

But, I can't be brought down! Hand me that Bashing Branch! It is just too damn easy!
Um, I wouldn't necessarily pin activity like that on Glibs. Politicians are politicians. I am sure Cons aren't all angelic.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Currently I believe my best option is to not show up and vote. The only problem being that the politicians in this country are assinine enough to equate self-disenfranchisement with acquiescence to their bs.

If I ever figure out how to get my lack of faith in our electoral system across without becoming a politician...

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
You can never pass up the opportunity to demonize your opponents.

Bash on.

Moi????? Surely you jest! :)

seriously, when it is a subject where there is no intent or ethical fault on the part of the protagonist, I won't pile on........but when it is something such as this, legally out-of-bounds and ethically deplorable, you are damn right I demonize em!

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Moi????? Surely you jest! :)

seriously, when it is a subject where there is no intent or ethical fault on the part of the protagonist, I won't pile on........but when it is something such as this, legally out-of-bounds and ethically deplorable, you are damn right I demonize em!

I don't really care to look into it, so I am going to take your word on it.

Probably she knew that as an illegal immigrant, the person wouldn't be able to seek remedy under the law. Probably she knew this because of her position. People with familiarity and understanding of the law can take advantage of it in some pretty disgusting ways.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
When you are from a so-called "Democracy" that cherishes a system worse than slavery - namely the CASTE system - you would think that it is your right to be abusive to anyone you consider - in your misguided pathetic view - worse than yourself.

Ruby Dhalla first should be pitied. Secondly, she should be forced to resigne. Then she should be deported to her home where she could fully enjoy the treatment she handed out to her employees.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
When you are from a so-called "Democracy" that cherishes a system worse than slavery - namely the CASTE system - you would think that it is your right to be abusive to anyone you consider - in your misguided pathetic view - worse than yourself.

Ruby Dhalla first should be pitied. Secondly, she should be forced to resigne. Then she should be deported to her home where she could fully enjoy the treatment she handed out to her employees.

Deported to Winnipeg????? How cruel can you be!!!!!!

That is where she was born.:smile:

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"Deported to Winnipeg????? How cruel can you be!!!!!!

That is where she was born.:icon_smile: "

Sorry, I must have been misinformed. I heard about her despicable treatment of her employees on CJOB here in Winnipeg. The story only mentioned that she was of Indian origin, made no mention of the place of her birth.

Hey, Winnipeg is NOT BAD!!!

I moved here two years ago, no regrets.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Currently I believe my best option is to not show up and vote. The only problem being that the politicians in this country are assinine enough to equate self-disenfranchisement with acquiescence to their bs.

If I ever figure out how to get my lack of faith in our electoral system across without becoming a politician...
Make up a half page ad or a petition of sorts saying why you won't vote and get as many people as you can to sign it. Send it to MLAs, MPs, newsmedia, etc.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

To say the least!

Gotta love it!

Just a few points:

1. If I commit a crime, you can't blame whatever religious, ethnic or cultural community, or even political party I may belong to.

2. Whether I'm the local plumber or the local MP, I'm still to be presumed innocent until proven guilty, and treated in compliance with the laws like anyone else.

On these notes:

1. Dhallia's alleged behaviour has absolutely nothing to do with the Liberal Party. Can we even prove that anyone else in the Liberal Party knew anything about this?

2. Whoever has any evidence aobut this should present it to the appropriate authorities, be it the labour relations board or the police.

And no, I would not be saying anything different if it was a a Conservative MP, and would be just as appalled at the politicization of the issue if it were the Liberals trying to smear the reputation of the Conservative Partythrough parallel allegations as I'm appalled at some Conservative MP's exploiting these allegations for their own personal unscrupulous gain.

If those MP's genuinely cared about the welfare of those workers, they would not have been wasting their time trying to smear the Liberals in Parliament, but rather passing whatever information they have on to the Ontario Labour Relations Board and the police. Putting an MP in prison for a proven crime is one thing. But smearing an MP's reputation in Parliament without the MP having had the chance to present his side of the story is quite another.

In Parliament, policy ought to be the focus of discussion. Criminal or other legal issues should be dealt with in a court of law. This is why we have separation between the legislative and judicial branches of government, and the legislative ought to keep its nose out of judicial issues.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

Don't you think the allegations should be proven first? Same with Mulroney by the way. Even politicians are to be presumed not guilty until proven so. And should Mulroney be found guilty in the end, that will not reflect on any other former PC MP, any more than if Dhally shold be found guilty, that it should reflect on any Liberal MP. One cannot be held accountable for the sins of his neighbour.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Just a few points:

1. If I commit a crime, you can't blame whatever religious, ethnic or cultural community, or even political party I may belong to.

2. Whether I'm the local plumber or the local MP, I'm still to be presumed innocent until proven guilty, and treated in compliance with the laws like anyone else.

On these notes:

1. Dhallia's alleged behaviour has absolutely nothing to do with the Liberal Party. Can we even prove that anyone else in the Liberal Party knew anything about this?

2. Whoever has any evidence aobut this should present it to the appropriate authorities, be it the labour relations board or the police.

And no, I would not be saying anything different if it was a a Conservative MP, and would be just as appalled at the politicization of the issue if it were the Liberals trying to smear the reputation of the Conservative Partythrough parallel allegations as I'm appalled at some Conservative MP's exploiting these allegations for their own personal unscrupulous gain.

If those MP's genuinely cared about the welfare of those workers, they would not have been wasting their time trying to smear the Liberals in Parliament, but rather passing whatever information they have on to the Ontario Labour Relations Board and the police. Putting an MP in prison for a proven crime is one thing. But smearing an MP's reputation in Parliament without the MP having had the chance to present his side of the story is quite another.

In Parliament, policy ought to be the focus of discussion. Criminal or other legal issues should be dealt with in a court of law. This is why we have separation between the legislative and judicial branches of government, and the legislative ought to keep its nose out of judicial issues.

All more or less true.........

Except that Dhalla is a Cabinet Minister, and should have been chosen for her good character.......

And the Ontario Liberals kinda dragged their feet....

And you are a Party Pooper.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
All more or less true.........

Except that Dhalla is a Cabinet Minister, and should have been chosen for her good character.......

Even the best investigator cannot always dig all the skelletons out of the closet. You can't blame the Liberals for not knowing aobut this, unless of course you propose that they should spy on their members?

And the Ontario Liberals kinda dragged their feet....

Possibly. Again, we'd first have to find out when the proper authorities were informed ot this. And add to that that the Ontario Liberals should have nothing to do with it. If I should commit such an act and get caught, sure the police might fine me, or forceme to pay compensation to my nannies, or even jail me. But it's highly unlikely that even then, the premier would ever hear of my existance. The police andthe courts would simply carry out their duties as pe protocol. Why should it be any different for an MP? The Ontario Liberal Party should keep its nose out of it and let the proper authorites do their job as they would for any other citizen.

And you are a Party Pooper.

Glad I could be of service:smile:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Just another point referencing certain comments above. Assuming the allegations are eventually proven true, what makes us think that her ethnic background and its relation to the caste system would automatically play a role in this?

For one thing, the caste system is now illegal in India, though it still persists. Could it not just as easily be greed and not wanting to pay more than necessary for service? Of course the caste system could play a role, but it would be quite presumtuous to assume that it would necessarily play a role.

To take a parallel example, imagine if Dhally were Anglo-saxon. Would it automatically relate to Canada's slave-trade history (as short-lived as it was) or racism, or some sense of Anglo superiority? Of course they could be possibilities, but we still should't be blinded by the simple possibility that it simply had to do with not wanting to dish out money.

Again, her ethnic identity might have played a role in this, but it's presumptuous to assume that it did play a role without the slightest shadow of a doubt.

And having said all this, both her case and Mulroney's are still allegations so far, and as such, they have a right to be respected as persons under the law and treated as innocent until proven guilty.