Do You Think the U.S. will someday occupy Canada???

Martyr

Jul 21, 2006
O-Town, The "CAPITAL"
Purely out of curiosity for others opinions, I'll remain neutral for now and share my opinon later so others can post there opinions without debating mine(as I normally do when I start a thread).This way people can post their opinions on the "thread" instead of "me"(in case you hate me).

But since I posted the question, I imagine one can see the direction of my favor.

Enjoy!
The Martyr

My apologies if this has been previously posted for I am a newbie, still wet(behind the ears)!

Simpleton

Electoral Member
Jun 17, 2006
Sarnia
sarnia.selfip.org
Martyr said:
Purely out of curiosity for others opinions, I'll remain neutral for now and share my opinon later so others can post there opinions without debating mine(as I normally do when I start a thread).This way people can post their opinions on the "thread" instead of "me"(in case you hate me).

But since I posted the question, I imagine one can see the direction of my favor.

Enjoy!
The Martyr

My apologies if this has been previously posted for I am a newbie, still wet(behind the ears)!

I'll answer your question with a question: Why would they want to?

And why would anybody hate you? You haven't yet given anybody a reason to hate you. Unless, of course, you're hiding something that we don't know about? :lol:

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
Wow.... I was just talking about this earlier when I went into a gas station with the employees.

I honestly don't think the U.S. would be able to, can't really attack a country when your bankrupt or almost bankrupt. They could try, but I think it'd be the end of U.S. if they attempted it.

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
One good reason why they would want to occupy Canadian territory would be for its natural ressources, and also for a better strategical defence of North American territory. But I don't think they would need to occupy us to do that... They just need to buy us off and progressively dissolve Canadian sovereignty... turn it into a pure illusion... if it isn't already...

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
Imagine a future 3rd world war in which a Russia-China alliance decide they want to take control of North America. They'd probably start by Alaska and then go into Northern Canada... No doubt the US would take things into their own hands and "occupy" Canada...

But this is pure speculation... Let's hope we don't ever see that type of thing happen!

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I think that if the United States decided to attack Canada, we could garner ourselves some allies on the world stage to assist in our defence. Moreover, the resentment in Canada against an American occupation would be astounding.

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
Re: RE: Do You Think the U.S. will someday occupy Canada???

FiveParadox said:
I think that if the United States decided to attack Canada, we could garner ourselves some allies on the world stage to assist in our defence. Moreover, the resentment in Canada against an American occupation would be astounding.

This is true... Canadians would become so incredibly bitter. On the other hand, it could unite Quebec and the rest of Canada once and for all!

Lineman

No sparks please
Feb 27, 2006
Winnipeg, Manitoba
What would be the point? Resources, they have access to them. They and their corporations likely own most of the ones operating here now. Go down the list, finacially culturally, etc we're virtually the same. Except beer, we have way better beer!

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
Re: RE: Do You Think the U.S. will someday occupy Canada???

FiveParadox said:
I think that if the United States decided to attack Canada, we could garner ourselves some allies on the world stage to assist in our defence. Moreover, the resentment in Canada against an American occupation would be astounding

I bet alot of countries would be willing to help Canada against the U.S. because if the U.S. was to take over Canada they'd be wondering what country they'd go after next.

ckeo

Jul 22, 2006
calgary
RE: Do You Think the U.S.

I certainly hope not... tho they already have their tentacles reaching deep into us.

* i dont think anything can unite quebec and the rest of the country...

* didnt we kick their ass the last time we were at war with them.

on another note....
this story
is more closer to what we would have to worry about.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
ckeo, your link breaches the dimensions of the page. Please create a link using the [/b] BBCode tags to give the link a...p://www.canadiancontent.net/]Canadian Content[/code]
This would appear like this: Canadian Content

Simpleton

Electoral Member
Jun 17, 2006
Sarnia
sarnia.selfip.org
I'm in complete and utter disbelief. This entire thread is baseless. What reason could the U.S. possibly have for invading/occupying Canada? There's really nothing here that the U.S. doesn't already have considerable access to.

Remember NAFTA? That silly little acronym that was tantamount to Canada having signed over its soul? It's utterly absurd to think that the U.S. would look toward Canada with any imperialistic thoughts of invading. It would serve no purpose.

I think you folks need to consider the risk/reward ratio here. The costs would not justify such an action. It would require a frightfully insane president, senate and congress to initiate such an undertaking, and the American people just wouldn't go for it. It would be like the U.S. invading Michigan; there's no benefit.

ps. If you're clueing into the fact that Michigan is already a part of the United States, then you're getting my point. :wink:

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006

No, they won't invade us in the forseable future. They don't have anything close to an excuse for doing so, like they did in iraq. If they want oil, maybe they can invade saudi arabia instead. If fresh water ever becomes scarce, we could be in trouble, but that's not happening any time soon.

And if the U.S. does try to invade us....well...we can always burn down their white house again!!

ckeo

Jul 22, 2006
calgary

Sorry about that FiveParadox... i just fixed it...
I never used bbcode before and couldnt figure out how to do that.

Thanks.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
No problemo, ckeo. ;)

As for the United States of America invading Canada, to echo the sentiments above, there would be no just cause to do so in the foreseeable future. Who knows, however—I suppose that if the United States was in desparate need of resources, and with an insane President of the United States, it could happen.

However, the irrepairable damage that this would cause to the United States, and the risk of losing each of its allies to the aid of Canada, would be risks that I don't think the United States would be prepared to make.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005

Think about this "slightly" related one though:

Well, from what I've read, if circumstances were slightly different, the Japanese would have attacked Russia assisting Nazi Germany, Beating Russia and taking Siberia with....

well, it is certainly true to say that if Russia fell (before US entrance into the war), Britain would have fallen too.....and if the british empire happened to fall like the french one, then a Vishey Government would generally be set up in most of her dominions and colonies....including Canada, most south American states were Fascist then , so think about it.....if Canada sided vishey-like or were threatened the US would be in some SERIOUS trouble north, south east and west, Canada would virtually be it's last stop....

My point is, that in the past and now, Canada is far too strategically important for and violent acts against it.

Frozen Canuck

Jul 22, 2006

No the US will not occupy Canada...unless Canada somehow voluntarily joins the United States and they become one country.

ckeo

Jul 22, 2006
calgary

ummm.... canada has been voluntarily merging with the united states... albeit slowly...

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton

Nope..cuz Five Paradox would form a militia, i would join it..and we would bombard them with day old Timbits. They'd be down within 6 hours...specially the dayold cake timbits..they hurt.

I like the USA, but stay the fuck away from Canada is all i have to say.