why is Canada growing its own extremists?

sanch

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2005
http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/story.html?id=8ef8514e-3fa2-44e2-83ee-6073a8e6ea19

They are young, militant and Canadian. And according to senior counterterrorism authorities, they have been plotting large-scale terrorist attacks on Canadian soil.

The Canadian Security Intelligence Service acknowledged this week it has been investigating groups of "homegrown" extremists. In candid testimony to the Senate national security committee, the agency went on to say that these young followers of the "al-Qaeda ideology" have been plotting against targets within Canada.

"They are not looking to Afghanistan, the U.K. or anywhere else," Jack Hooper, the CSIS Deputy Director of Operations, testified on Monday.

The exact targets of these young terrorists were not revealed, but it is their profile that is most shocking: young Canadian Muslims who have somehow become radicalized while growing up in Canada.

They are "homegrown." In other words, they have emerged from within Canada, rather than infiltrating it from abroad. They are insiders, not outsiders like Millennium Bomber Ahmed Ressam, who was behind Canada's last major terrorism scare in 1999.

"Increasingly, we are learning of more and more extremists that are homegrown," says a declassified CSIS report obtained by the National Post. "The implications of this shift are important."

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
National post, should only be considered as part of a tv shows"" Just for laugh"

sanch

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2005
Re: RE: why is Canada growing its own extremists?

aeon said:
Will it be like 7/7 london bombing? an inside job?

What I don't understand is that if the government is involved in all these conspiracies how you feel safe posting what you do.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

sanch said:
aeon said:

What I don't understand is that if the government is involved in all these conspiracies how you feel safe posting what you do.

Because, i am far away to be a coward, i will never accept a patriot moron act look a like, even if half of the country dies from a terrorist attack.

Once you give up liberty for security, is because you are an idiot, i prefer to die than loosing any of my freedom.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

aeon said:
sanch said:
aeon said:

Because, i am far away to be a coward, i will never accept a patriot moron act look a like, even if half of the country dies from a terrorist attack.

Once you give up liberty for security, is because you are an idiot, i prefer to die than loosing any of my freedom.

You mean you'd rather let others die for your freedom. Let's be honest, you've already admitted to being a coward.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

Said1 said:
You mean you'd rather let others die for your freedom. Let's be honest, you've already admitted to being a coward.

I'd rather let others die for my freedom, where did stated that?? and since i won t let anyone take of my liberty for security, means i am quite far away to be a coward, nice try.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

aeon said:
[]

I'd rather let others die for my freedom, where did stated that??

Right here:
i will never accept a patriot moron act look a like, even if half of the country dies from a terrorist attack.

and since i won t let anyone take of my liberty for security, means i am quite far away to be a coward, nice try.

And since you don't appear to care if half the country dies, as long as you're free, I would find it reasonable to assume that you are a coward.

Now I know you would did say you would "fight" for your libery , but it's coming at the expense of half the nation that is killed by terrorists, which you stated you don't care about...not your exact words, but a decent interpretation.

Or would you fight both terrorists, with out being privy to sufficent intel gained through measures that your feel infringe on your liberty AND those who want to take your liberty?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Okay........why is Canada growing its own extremists?

Because we don't screen our immigrants well enough.

Because we allow radical Muslim clerics to preach hatred without penalty.

Because we harbour terrorists like the Khadr family, and coddle them.

Because even after a terrorist act (Air India), when it is known the suspected perpetrators belonged to a terrorist organization, (Khalsa Babbar) we fail to throw them out of the country.

In a nutshell? Because Canadians have swallowed whole the idiot philosophy of multiculturalism......that all cultures are equal in value.....which, of course, simply devalues our own culture to the point we no longer know what our culture is......

I welcome immigration, I don't care whether you are black, yellow, or green with magenta stripes. I also don't give a damn if you are Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, or worship Tickle Me Elmo.

What I DO care about is what you believe politically, i.e., do you believe in freedom of speech? Do you buy into the democratic, free culture that has developed in the west over the last 1000 years? Can you tolerate other races, other religions, other practises that may be the antitheses of your old cultural norms? Have you left your old wars behind you?

In other words, do you want to be a Canadian, or do you want to be something else simply using Canada as a safe refuge for you to realize your economic or political goals?

Damn it, you'd best want to be CANADIAN, or get the hell out of my country!

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

Said1 said:
aeon said:
[]

I'd rather let others die for my freedom, where did stated that??

Right here:
i will never accept a patriot moron act look a like, even if half of the country dies from a terrorist attack.

and since i won t let anyone take of my liberty for security, means i am quite far away to be a coward, nice try.

And since you don't appear to care if half the country dies, as long as you're free, I would find it reasonable to assume that you are a coward.

Wrong, i didnt say i didnt care about half the country, i said, i wouldnt give any liberty for security, even though half of the country dies from a terrorist attack,if i would accept giving up liberty for security, after this attack, then i would have a been coward, especially when we know 9-11 was inside job , same for the 7/7 london bombing.

Said1 said:
Now I know you would did say you would "fight" for your libery , but it's coming at the expense of half the nation that is killed by terrorists, which you stated you don't care about...not your exact words, but a decent interpretation.

Or would you fight both terrorists, with out being privy to sufficent intel gained through measures that your feel infringe on your liberty AND those who want to take your liberty?

First of all, i don t believe in this war on international terrorism, it just aint there, no evidence, except we discovered that most of teror act against western society are inside job, from intelligence like m16, cia, mossad etcc.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

aeon said:
[

Wrong, i didnt say i didnt care about half the country, i said, i wouldnt give any liberty for security, even though half of the country dies from a terrorist attack,

Ok. So you do care about half the country, but not enough to give up any liberties that are outlined within any type of legislation resembling the patirot act? Is that correct?

if i would accept giving up liberty for security, after this attack, then i would have a been coward, especially when we know 9-11 was inside job , same for the 7/7 london bombing.

We don't actually know anything for certain, we only have opinions.

First of all, i don t believe in this war on international terrorism, it just aint there, no evidence, except we discovered that most of teror act against western society are inside job, from intelligence like m16, cia, mossad etcc.

Again, you only have what you believe. But irregardless, you still don't care who dies, as long as your free. That IS what you're saying, hypothetically speaking of course.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
I also asked if you would fight all trying to take your liberty. And again, I'm asking from a hypothetical perspective.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

Said1 said:
Ok. So you do care about half the country, but not enough to give up any liberties that are outlined within any type of legislation resembling the patirot act? Is that correct?

If i dies from a terrorist attack, and i see from heaven or hell, that my fellow canadians are giving up their liberty for their security because me and others are dead from this, i wouldnt be proud of them, i would tell my mates in heaven or hell, that i was french separatist finally :wink:

History has shown, that governement has used terror, to get control over their citizen, and this is what is happening.

Said1 said:
Again, you only have what you believe. But irregardless, you still don't care who dies, as long as your free. That IS what you're saying, hypothetically speaking of course.

Well that is wrong again, when harper decided to go along with the united states in afganisthan, i was mad, and not very proud of my country, because i know some fellow canadians would die from this, and along with innnoncent afganis.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

aeon said:
[
If i dies from a terrorist attack, and i see from heaven or hell, that my fellow canadians are giving up their liberty for their security because me and others are dead from this, i wouldnt be proud of them, i would tell my mates in heaven or hell, that i was french separtist finally :wink:

Yes, tis what I thought. Nodda.

Quebec know what's good for Quebec, oui? :roll:

History has shown, that governement has used terror, to get control over their citizen, and this is what is happening.

Yes. Us Canadians are so wacked out on meth, we need controlling.

Now if you'll s'cuse, I'm gonna go sniff some more maple flavored nose candy and smoke some more medical maryjawanna. Helps me joints. No pun intended.

Well that is wrong again, when harper decided to go along with the united states in afganisthan, i was mad, and not very proud of my country, because i know some fellow canadians would die from this, and along with innnoncent afganis.

What's wrong?

And furthermore, I thought there were troops in Afghanistan prior to Harper. Damn dope strikes again. Don't tell me I lost entire yrs this time. :eek:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Aeon, who is wrong about practically everything, is correct about one thing.....The Patriot Act and Canadian Anti-Terror Act are an insult to those who believe in liberty, and, as Ben Franklin said, those who would surrender their liberty for a little security deserve neither Liberty nor security.

Aeon, that's once we agree, don't depend on it happening again...... :D

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

Said1 said:
Yes, tis what I thought. Nodda.

Quebec know what's good for Quebec, oui? :roll:

I was joking, giving up liberty for more control, is what governeement/coorporations wants, just common sense, read on stallin, hitler, all dictators, rome empire, it is all there.

Said1 said:
Yes. Us Canadians are so wacked out on meth, we need controlling.

Now if you'll s'cuse, I'm gonna go sniff some more maple flavored nose candy and smoke some more medical maryjawanna. Helps me joints. No pun intended.

And what is the point of this?

Said1 said:
What's wrong?

And furthermore, I thought there were troops in Afghanistan prior to Harper. Damn dope strikes again. Don't tell me I lost entire yrs this time. :eek:

Before harper, we were on a peacekeeping mission, which i still didnt support at all, and since harper is in power, we are on offensive mission, quite different, which i really strongly d'ont support.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

Colpy said:
Aeon, who is wrong about practically everything, is correct about one thing.....The Patriot Act and Canadian Anti-Terror Act are an insult to those who believe in liberty, and, as Ben Franklin said, those who would surrender their liberty for a little security deserve neither Liberty nor security.

We agreed way more than once, i can tell you this.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

Colpy said:

For the most part, I think these invasions of privacy are already common place, patriot act or no patriot act. I think the idea of freedom from coersion and government is all an illusion at the end of the day.

So, you'd rather fight terrorists without intel gathered through means outlined in a patriot act type document, after half the population has been blown up by terrorists, because it infrindges on your liberty....hypothecially speaking of course?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, just curious.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Before harper, we were on a peacekeeping mission, which i still didnt support at all, and since harper is in power, we are on offensive mission, quite different, which i really strongly d'ont support.
This is baloney.

The mission we are on in Afghanistan was put into place in full by the Liberal government without so much as a "take note" debate. Harper did not change the size nor the nature of the commitment in the slightest.......he merely extended it.

Check your facts Aeon.