Emerson is a morally bankrupt, self-serving politician.

Liberty

Apr 7, 2006
He makes the worst used car salesman look like and angel.
Pig Emerson will be taught a lesson come next election.
His arrogant attitude towards Vancouver Kingsway speaks volumes of this rat traitor’s quality of person.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Re: Emerson is a morally bank robed self-serving politician.

Morally bankrupt perhaps,

but hardly a traitor.

LittleRunningGag

Electoral Member
Jan 11, 2006
Calgary, Alberta
members.shaw.ca
RE: Emerson is a morally

Oh, and I believe that the Hon. (eh, its his title no matter how ironic) David Emerson has already said that he will not be running a second time. I assume that means that he's not to worried about being "taught a lesson come next election."

:wink:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
RE: Emerson is a morally bank robed self-serving politician.

Don't fret Liberals.....you can have him back when were done with him.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Re: RE: Emerson is a morally bank robed self-serving politic

Jay said:
Don't fret Liberals.....you can have him back when were done with him.

sounds about right

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

Think of it this way, now Emerson can represent his constituents from the governments side of the fence rather than from the opposition benches.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006

The people that voted for him expected Liberal Party representation no matter which side of the floor it was to come from. He obviously didn't get elected for his charm. I gotta admit that on him, the muzzle looks good.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Emerson's Crossing

The Honourable David Emerson, P.C., M.P., the Member for Vancouver Kingsway and the Minister for International Trade, should not have crossed to the Government of Canada, in particular so soon after an election — however, it was his right to do so, and citizens are represented by a member in the House of Commons, not by the banner over them.

It was his right, and it enables our parliamentary system to be flexible.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

The precarious, flighty nature

of Emerson's loyalty is something to behold. Just days before he crossed the floor, he was berating the conservatives, and now he is one of them. I'm sure the extra $15,000 to $20,000 he will get as a cabinet minister had nothing to do with his decision.

Liberals can now say that Emerson was one of the things wrong with the Liberal party, and he is now one of the things wrong with the Conservative party. He's bought and paid for.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

There is the deep integration deal to consider, that was his value to the reformers (cons) he has very valuable connections to Washington and the corporatists, that will be his project, this is bad for the people and good for the corporations, further enrichment of the capitalists. Minister for International Trade, that's a nice way to describe theft and corruption. His situation highlights the similaritys between the Liberal and the Conservative partys in that thier values are as interghangable as thier ministers, they serve corporations not citizens.

LittleRunningGag

Electoral Member
Jan 11, 2006
Calgary, Alberta
members.shaw.ca

The problem with Mr. Emerson, just the same as Ms. Stronach, is that there are three primary elements that people vote for.

1) the candidate
2) the party
3) the leader

The candidate is only one element. If a Member of Parliament wishes to cross the floor, then that Member should step down and run in a by-election to receive their validation from his / her constituents.

Liberty

Apr 7, 2006

"juan"Morally bankrupt perhaps,

but hardly a traitor.
----------------------------------------
Hey Juan, when someone tells you trust me I know the way to where you ant to go, and you place your trust (in this case your vote) on that some one and they take you out to an unknown place completely undesirable to you, Juan no matter how you slice the pie you have been betrayed by a traitor. And whether you choose to see this with a Vancouver Kingsway voters eyes or not the bottom line is there is a two pigs at the trough, Pig Emerson and Chicken Little Pig Harper.
Fact is fact and no one can argue with true fact, you can argue with self serving fact but not with true fact.
:wink: :lol: :wink:

Liberty

Apr 7, 2006
Re: Emerson's Crossing

"FiveParadox"

It was his right, and it enables our parliamentary system to be flexible.

-----------------------------------------

Snip

Liberty, no more of that language. I have removed your post. Either play nice or don't play at all..........your choice.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

A Traitor,

is someone who sells military secrets or sensitive government documents to the enemy. Emerson is just a bought and paid for crooked politician who broke no laws but bartered his loyalty for a few sheckles. If the Liberals win the next election, they could probably buy him back again, if they wanted him.

Liberty

Apr 7, 2006
Re: RE: Emerson is a morally

"LittleRunningGag"The problem with Mr. Emerson, just the same as Ms. Stronach, is that there are three primary elements that people vote for.

1) the candidate
2) the party
3) the leader

The candidate is only one element. If a Member of Parliament wishes to cross the floor, then that Member should step down and run in a by-election to receive their validation from his / her constituents.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you Gag

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Re: Emerson's Crossing

Liberty said:
Hey Five Paradox, make sense easy with the Neo con spin, his right? What right? Me stealing your vote is my right? What world did you crawl out of man? You don't campaign the night before screaming I will be Harpers worst night mare in politics and the day after you are kissing Chicken Little Harper’s ass. Come on, this is not Russia or communist China. Just watch your honourable goofs will not be so honourable 18 months from now or sooner.
This is a day to go into the history books — rarely have I ever, if ever, been accused of neo-conservative bias. Whether or not we happen to agree with the law as it stands now, right now, it was, and is, the right of Members of Parliament to cross to another party, be it the government, the opposition or otherwise. Nobody stole anyone's vote — Mr. Emerson made a poor decision, but it was his decision to make, and he's going to be punished for it by the electorate.

Liberty

Apr 7, 2006

"juan"A Traitor,

is someone who sells military secrets or sensitive government documents to the enemy. Emerson is just a bought and paid for crooked politician who broke no laws but bartered his loyalty for a few sheckles. If the Liberals win the next election, they could probably buy him back again, if they wanted him.
-------------------------------------------------
Juan, If the Liberals win the next election which may happen, taking Rat Emerson back will be like dropping food in the toilet and then because of food shortage reaching in the fickle mess and eating it.