Belinda Stronach appointed to Cabinet

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Belinda Stronach appo

She ran against Harper for Tory leader and she represents Newmarket/Aurora in Ontario.

So I guess that helps Martin pass the budget now. I am totally not suprised as she is a moderate.

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC

Oh I see. I checked the CBC website.

Can you say "HELL YES!!!!!!"?

I though so.

Now the budget bill may well pass.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

Actually she was one of the very few tories I likes. She is quite intelligant and listening to her now, she has common sense and hopefully she will be a plus for the liberals.

However I will not vote liberal, I still will support NDP.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Its crazy, how could someone who wanted to lead the Conservative Party, find herself comfortable among Liberals. Perhaps it’s best she crossed the floor, but I can't imagine she will win her seat again sitting as a Liberal. I had hopes for her too.

Crazy world.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Wow oh Wow !!

This is potentially great news, and it surely puts down the Harper agenda for awhile. Hopefully it will lead to his departure from politics.

Belinda in the CPC just didn't seem proper. No woman with any self-respect would be involved with THAT party....

She could see her star rise even more now, and she is allready in the Liberal cabinet, right? She sure carries a lot of 'political weight' from the start somehow, a concern for me as it is Elitist.

Ha ha ha, I just can't stop laughing at Harper and his "confidence" , his uppity-nosed "I am right" style. Actually, this is just like seeing a BULLY get what he deserves, and exposed for what he really is...a selfish power-hungry megalominiac who would surely put his own advancement before the Good of the Nation, something Belinda is pointing out with this act of defection.

Karlin

badboy

Nominee Member
Apr 13, 2005
She cooked her goose with that move

remarks edited and posted in moderators forum.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Oh no it's gonna be the whole Carolyn Parrish argument again. 8)

She really should step down and run again as a Liberal. Crossing the floor like that may be OK to stave off a confidence vote, but after thursday she should run for re-election.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Belinda is the only Conservative that was hinting that Harper's push to go to the polls wasn't a good idea. I'll bet her constituents wanted this budget passed and aren't making happy noises about Harper.

What happens with her torrid romance with Peter MacKay now?

badboy

Nominee Member
Apr 13, 2005
Re: RE: Belinda Stronach appo

Reverend Blair said:
Belinda is the only Conservative that was hinting that Harper's push to go to the polls wasn't a good idea. I'll bet her constituents wanted this budget passed and aren't making happy noises about Harper.

What happens with her torrid romance with Peter MacKay now?

She'll be using her little Liberal vibrator now.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

This, according to my count, means that the best the Conservatives can do is a tie. It might be a while before we go to the polls if the independents stay on-side.