why steven harper will make a good prime minister

Do you think Steven Harper will win the next election?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

smitty295

Nominee Member
Apr 23, 2005
somwhere in canada
www.gc.ca
steven harper is an honest guy in my opinion and should and probably will be the next PM in the next election hopefully coming soon. Steven Harper as PM promises to put more spending on NAtional Defense which in my opinion is good money are defense must be strengthened because of new threats now when i mean greta military spending i want a great candain military not for war like the Americans but for defending peace are selves and allies. he also wants to join missile defense which is great becaus it upgrades are old air defense of norad to BMD. As well he promises the ending of this libral nonsense of gay marrage legalised pot and prostituition. Well thats all I have to say about Steven Harper if you want to rebutle this just leave a message im up for a good argument seriusly :evil:

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
smitty295 said:
steven harper is an honest guy in my opinion and should and probably will be the next PM in the next election hopefully coming soon. Steven Harper as PM promises to put more spending on NAtional Defense which in my opinion is good money are defense must be strengthened because of new threats now when i mean greta military spending i want a great candain military not for war like the Americans but for defending peace are selves and allies. he also wants to join missile defense which is great becaus it upgrades are old air defense of norad to BMD. As well he promises the ending of this libral nonsense of gay marrage legalised pot and prostituition. Well thats all I have to say about Steven Harper if you want to rebutle this just leave a message im up for a good argument seriusly :evil:

He'll get my vote in June, but I think the party needs to groom a better leader. He has all the charisma of my old boot. Even I find him a bit creepy looking. Higher military spending is a must, and it makes sense that we would back BMD. But I'm all for that 'libral nonsense' like marijuana and prostitution legalization.

smitty295

Nominee Member
Apr 23, 2005
somwhere in canada
www.gc.ca
i dont find him creepy honestly but thats your opinion, but why would anybodu want prositution legalised because all you will see whever you walk down the street is half naked woman/men and what parant that has there child in a car wants there child to see stuff like that?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: why steven harper wil

Harper won't make a good PM for a multitude of reasons. The biggest single reason is that he has no vision of Canada beyond short-term economic benefits for a select few already wealthy people.

He is out of touch with the social outlook of most Canadians too. His right-wing Christian dogma is not kept separate from the reality of most Canadians.

He will make an exceedingly poor PM and, should he win, will likely see the right side of the Canadian political spectrum again relegated to the hinterland. He will be as harmful to both Canada and conservatism as Brian Mulroney was.

smitty295

Nominee Member
Apr 23, 2005
somwhere in canada
www.gc.ca
how could he not have visions for the future canada? if you have ever watched any of his speeches he has a few thing sin mind. why are you questioning harpers judgement of being PM just because brian mulruny screwed up bad in office, yes they are from the same party but they are 2 totaly different people we must not forget that and not judge before we actually see him do his work. If he becomes PM and fails i will asmit i was wrong about him.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Rev thinks Harper has no vision just because he happens to disagree with that vision. How predictable

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Nah....I didn't agree with Mannings vision either, but he had one. I didn't agree with Chretien's vision, but he had one.

Harper has no vision for Canada. Neither does Martin, for that matter.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Vision.... blah! "It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time." - Churchill :tongue1:

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
And how do you decide who has a vision and who doesn't? I suppose Jack Layton does have a vision, though?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Yes, he does. You should go read the platform and have a look at the record of both Layton and the NDP. It would give an understanding of what vision is, even if you don't agree with the particular vision.

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
smitty295 said:
steven harper is an honest guy in my opinion .... Steven Harper as PM promises to

How do you really know Steven Harper is an honest guy? What kind of record are you basing this on? He's never held any power, so how do you know if he is honest? Steven Harper promises a lot of things, most politician do, but what's to say he will keep them.

Say we elect him, what's to stop him from breaking his promises, what's to stop him from being dishonest?

I'm not saying that Stephen harper won't make a good PM, but to say he is honest without a record to prove and to quote promises from a politician doesn't hold much ground for me.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Of course power will corrupt him too if they are in for too long. He is not as slick as other politicians. He looks like a farm boy out of his element.

OakServe

Nominee Member
Apr 22, 2005
Vancouver B.C., Canada

I'm not going to go into detail. I will simply say that I do not thing Stephen Harper would make a good prime minister. He was screaming at Chretien to go to war with Iraq. No thank you!

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Not only was he screaming for that, he was far less than honest about it later.

He was against Kyoto until last week too. Then he was for it. Then he pointedly did not mention green house gases in his list of pollution.

He was for BMD, then he was against it, now he's for it again.

He said that he wouldn't have to use Notwithstanding to outlaw SSM, but virtually every constitutional expert in the country has said that he will have to. He's either being dishonest or his legal advice is out to lunch.

He says that he wants to fight the BSE border closure and support the farmers, but it was the Conservatives that protected Cargill from massive fines for contempt of parliament.

He says that the Liberals are corrupt, but it was the Mulroney that was the most corrupt ever. Mulroney lost an average of one cabinet minister to scandal for every year he was in power. Some of those cabinet ministers were serving weekends in jail and sitting in the HofC during the week. Mulroney is considered to have been instrumental in reuniting the right, is still a major influence in the party, and rarely misses a convention.

I could go on, but my supper is done.

The point is that there is no indication whatsoever that Harper and his Conservatives are any more honest than the Liberals.

smitty295

Nominee Member
Apr 23, 2005
somwhere in canada
www.gc.ca
yes politions do break promises and i am sure harper will break some but, the promises that hes made are the ones that he wants paul martin to do right now such as BMD and raising the national defense budget so obviously he wants that done or he would not be nagging martin as he is now. and for the record he was always with BMD it was martin who dithered on that issue changing his mind for it every time. and there you go again like i said mulruny was corrupt but tha does not mean steve harper will be corrupt just becaus3 hes the leader of the same party.

OakServe

Nominee Member
Apr 22, 2005
Vancouver B.C., Canada

and to all you who support harper, you would i'm guessing have been happier if we had gone to war with Iraq? Because this is the man you are praising, a man who would of had us involved in that fiasco.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Re: RE: why steven harper wil

OakServe said:
and to all you who support harper, you would i'm guessing have been happier if we had gone to war with Iraq? Because this is the man you are praising, a man who would of had us involved in that fiasco.

I would have been happy if we had had a debate. If we had made our own decision. If we had not deferred to the opinion of some two-bit dictator at the UN.

OakServe

Nominee Member
Apr 22, 2005
Vancouver B.C., Canada

We stayed out of the war based on a lack of international consensus to go to war. The UN is ideally supposed to be a place where that kind of discussion can take place, there was no dictator at the UN who influenced our decision. It was a lack of support among the member nations of the UN, there was barely anyone in the world who supported the war at the time the US went ahead with it. We didn't have time to debate the issue that's the whole reason why we stayed out... Mike it was the Americans who rushed into the thing and didn't allow everyone to continue the debate. Canadians were fine with talking it over some more... it wasn't we who foreclosed on debate man.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
WTF... international consensus my ass. We didn't have 'international consensus' in Kosovo. You think we could have got international consensus for WWII? We need to make our own decisions, period.