The real scandal.

cub1c

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2005
Québec, Montréal
It seems people from accross Canada thinks it's Québec's problem.
And they are fucking right!

Why do you think 83% of Quebecers are following Gomery Commission from the start? And no, it isn't because there's nothing on TV!

They took MY MONEY, to destroy separatists, ME!!! They wanted to destroy the way I think! The way Québec's history was made! Separatism and independance has always been in Québec! It's not something that poped up from nowhere because of some angry French people! Our whole history and culture is based on that.
ROC assumes that we want to destroy their beautiful country! Sorry but Québec NEVER had the choice to join or not Canada.

And they really though they could get rid of us by putting maple leafs everywhere! If someone else has another word than propaganda for that, tell me!

Why trying to get rid of us? Did they really think a movement that is 245 years old would just disappear by spreading maple leafs everywhere? How come English Canadian believed that? How they justify these spending sprees?

And now, what is MORE disturbing, is that it seems that ALL this money was spent for absolutly NOTHING since the separatists movement is stronger than ever.

This is the scandal!

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
I've been listening to you guys my whole life you want to go take your portion of the national debt and go .See ya!then the rest of us can save huge bucks by getting rid of french on all packaging ,and all the tax dollars that get thrown down the dark hole of Quebec .Maybe we will finally get a PM that does not talk out of the side of his mouth.Do us all a favor I'm tired of your constant whining about being your own country Sovereignty association forget it .Your with us or against us Canada has done nothing bad to you people :roll:

HOCK

Nominee Member
Feb 18, 2005
Kingston, Ontario
I kinda like Quebec...married a Quebec girl (some of the most beautiful women in the world) and lived there for 3 years. I would have to side with mrmom2 but we do not have to go so far. I think it is a waste of money to make everything in English and French...if you're in Quebec, French, if you're outside of Quebec, English. I also lived and visited several countries, including France and Quebec is the only place not to have English signs. As per most places, it probably depends a whole lot on the tourist $$$ and I'm sure everyone bends over backwards to accommodate them (in providing English services). Lets cut the %$#^& crap and move on.....stay or go....there are a lot more important issues to deal with :roll: :roll: :roll:

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
You had people from Quebec running Canada for far to long look where all the corruptoin is coming from cub1c.Those guys are not from BC!Hey I"m all for you guys leaving !Take your part of the debt and SEE YA!I'm on your side in this one

cub1c

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2005
Québec, Montréal
You are so right, the most beautiful women in the world are here! It's full!

Yes it's a waste of money french coast to coast as it is utopia.

Federalist attitude: "you cost us so much money!! but stay with us!"...there is something wrong in that.

And I'm really happy that all of this has now convinced at least 2 canadians to give us the choice. Not to impose us the one you like.

We'll decide really soon on that question.

cub1c

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2005
Québec, Montréal
mrmom2, are you thinking that because the PM is a Québécois that he does everything for us?

It is exactly what they want us to believe! And it works!
Hello, we're in politics!

The main reason PMs are Québécois is because that if they were not, separation would have happen a long time ago!

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Are you saying you spit when you talk, Cub1c? Most people don't consider that an accent. ;-)

I don't know how to tell you guys this, but even if Quebec separates, it ain't goin' nowhere. We're still going to have to accomodate each other and there will be many issues, such as native rights and energy sales, that are going to keep us together whether we like it or not.

In the end it's like divorcing your wife because she spends too much, then having to give her the same amount in alimony anyway...that goes for both sides.

cub1c

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2005
Québec, Montréal
haha ;)

Rev, I know that. And the separatist agenda is VERY CLEAR on that issue. In fact, the referendum question wasn't: do you want to get out of Canada and piss on them? Hell no!

It was, do you want to separate from Canada and still share strong values, economy and politics with you. The same you when you deal with any other country! And I can assure you that it would be A LOT EASIER to deal with a country called Québec than to deal with the US.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
That maybe true Rev but it sounds like a good recipe for the rest of the country wanting the same thing.I know you give Quebec freedom we'll want it out here

cub1c

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2005
Québec, Montréal
Why not? Why are you so afraid to change the constitution?

I'm not against a union like the EU one, but first, we all have to be independant.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
It was, do you want to separate from Canada and still share strong values, economy and politics with you.

That's what you are doing now. We are one of the least centralized nations on the planet. Somehow we've managed that with (comparitively) little animosity too.

And I can assure you that it would be A LOT EASIER to deal with a country called Québec than to deal with the US.

It's been easier to deal with giant mutant vampire bats than the US for the last five years or so...that's not really something to aspire to.

That maybe true Rev but it sounds like a good recipe for the rest of the country wanting the same thing.I know you give Quebec freedom we'll want it out here

They won't have freedom though. If anything they'll have less freedom because they'll have to make the kind of concessions that are necessary in day to day international diplomacy.

Foo1

Re: RE: The real scandal.

cub1c said:
Canada has done nothing bad to us?

People who tend to forget history are going to repeat it.

Well, Quebecers are, as Trudea put it, "Prisoners of past injustices".

Anyways, why do you want to leave? I can't think of anything bad Canada has done to Que unless you want to count the colonial wars and all that crap but I'm sure that we are past that. There would be no benifit to Que if they seperated. Under sovernty- association, you get to set your own laws and imigration policy.

Big woop.

Basicaly, there is no reason or need for Que to seperate. There is no reason ti kill Canada.

BTW, The EU is moving towards incorperation all the European countries and, in my oppinion, making them practicaly all one country with integrated comunication, transportation, financial and social systems. Not exactly the goal of a "seperatist"

cub1c

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2005
Québec, Montréal
Hi Foo1! It's great to see that you signed up only to anwser me ;)

Anything bad? So this scandal is not bad at your eyes? And it's just a small part!

Setting laws and imigration policy? Even if it was only that, it's a lot. Every provinces gets their competences overid by the federal gov ALL THE TIME.

You're right, EU is going toward this, but lots of people are against that! It's their liberal regime that wants this.
I won't speak on that because I don't know all the facts and that EU has nothing in common with Canada.