Quebec Sucks

Shmad

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cache Creek, BC
www.justrant.com
QuebecSucks said:
Quebec Sucks ass! let them leave canada you will be better off.. when i visited quebec from australia last, they made fun of me because I couldnt speak some words properly, they are arrogant, smelly good for nothing whiners, and canada would be better without them!

A lot of people have experienced what you talk about, but it is good that you made the effort, i know they can be pretty snobish with their francais from time to time, but ah well...

czardogs

Electoral Member
Jul 25, 2002
BC
www.canadiandemocraticmovement.ca
QuebecSucks said:
Quebec Sucks ass! let them leave canada you will be better off.. when i visited quebec from australia last, they made fun of me because I couldnt speak some words properly, they are arrogant, smelly good for nothing whiners, and canada would be better without them!

Dont tar the whole community for the actions of the few or else you look even more foolish than they!

I took it with a grain of salt when I visit Quebec. Its a language thing... go to Germany and butcher German and they will probably laugh at you as well. Same could be said for any nation/language.

As for being arrogant... yeh so what? thats who they are! Many say aussies are the worlds worst tippers.... but again so what? Its what makes a culture and/or community.

BTW if you dislike them so much spend more time in the rest of Canada. No one is forcing you to stay in Quebec.

gnuman

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2002
Montreal, Quebec
Ugh QuebecSucks if you're from Australia, eveyone would laugh at your english because the accents are bad.

Don't be an American by singling out everyone because of a few people, thats prejudice.

Quebec is where the culture is at. If you want to hear bad accents go to Newfoundland cuz no one really know what they speak; newfy. :D

LuShes

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2002
Kamloops, B.C.
www.canadiancontent.net
Ohh yeah when I was in aussie, they are the worst tippers! I left a tip on a table for the good service, and my friend looked at me in horror, lol.

Everyone always has a problem with a state/province in their country. People seem to need somthing to complain about. Quebec is part of Canada, sure they may be different, but they are what make us unique, just like the newfies or the people crazy enough to live in the Terror-tories...

I have seen pictures of Quebec, it looks beautiful, as for the rest of canada...

Vincent_2002

Electoral Member
Mar 27, 2002
Montréal, Quebec
GUYS!!! Québec does not suck most of us are always canadians and not all of us speak only french. infact most of us speak english and french or more. we are part of canada and now with the bloq out of power we can grow from it.

No, he's right. Quebec sucks. Get rid of them.

I've never been there...but I mean really...THAT many french people can't be good.

I think Quebec (and the French) are singlehandedly responsible for like 55% of the world's present problems.

Let them go.

Oh! And culture...well, folks, culture died in the 80's. Get over it. If a nation clings to its past it makes a big statement about thier future. Sitting on your laurels gets you know where. If you see a french man (Quebec or otherwise) kick them in the groin. If you see a french girl...well, steer clear. Hairy armpits suck!

Quebec really really sucks. That smell in Detroit and New Jersey is Quebec's fault.

If they vanished tommorow who would care. Not me, no way.
ALL FRENCH PEOPLE SUCK!

W-K

P.S. Think irony and sarcasm and re-read my post. See if YOU can get it.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Quebec sucks....well that is more than my last girlfriend did.

OH! I'm sorry...did I actually type that?

sheeesh

Right. Okay, the quebecians are NOT french.

My mistake...but I mean serriously :p...if you speak french, well your overall credibility drops.

I mean, I don't really like Cajuns either...and it's mainly the speaking french thing.

I think if Canada destroyed all thier quebecians that thier dollar would soar! I mean, the only thing really holding them back are those french-speaking-waffer-snuffers! ;)

I tell you what. Canada, if you get rid of Quebec then America will get rid of Texas...or Alaska we will let you pick!

Mind you it's not a trade...they would become a sovriegn (sp) nation. But heh...it'd be fun to mix up a map now and again.
W-K

gnuman

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2002
Montreal, Quebec
Geeze look at the ignorance flowing. Why not get rid of the US completely? I mean heck they are the ones driving the world economy down to crap.

May I remind you that Quebec contributes a lot to the Canadian Society? Heck if you want to get rid of a provice get rid of Newfoundland. What are they good for besides Anne of Green Gables?

W-k is the fact that you hate the french something of ignorance because you can't speak the language? I mean many americans can't speak spanish in states where the latino community is quite high.

Heck don't you think its bad when the police can't speak spanish when they are patrolling a highly latino area and also the police of quebec where they can barely speak english? hehe

I speak english all the time to french people if they can't understand well tis too fookin bad!

No. I don't think it's bad at all! In fact I'm a firm believer of learning the language of any country you move to.

I didn't expect people in Mexico to speak english when I went there. I don't expect Americans to speak Spanish when Mexicans come here.

Now there is a difference. It is that America has no official language. Dig that. Heh. This big opprressive nation is liberal enough not to mandate people know how to speak a common language. Many support it others oppose it. But I mean, Mexico has an official language...and I am like 80% sure Canada has two, please correct me if I am wrong.

Gnuman...more specificly...I indicated in my original post that my tone was sarcastic. I guess you didn't infer that in the second post.

I was attempting to point out that broad basing any group...like...oh...the Quebec(what's the plural)ians is a bad practice as it either applies the limited experiences an individual has had with a few members of a group to the whole group (stereotyping) -or- it localize the broad motions of a group to an individual (generalizing).

Examples:

-To say "All Quebecians are idiots because I met a guy from Quebec and boy was he an idiot" is a stereotype. I am saying I met one person and he is indicative of ALL Quebecians.

-To say "People in the US are uncarring bastards because the US is willing to go to war over money." is a generalization. It is saying that all citzens of the US not only support the actions but also have an intrinsic trait that grants them and internal justification for supporting such action.

I suppose you can decide for yourself which of the two things is worse...I think they are both pretty bad.
I think Canada is fine...and by that I am including Quebec.

I -do- mock the French...and the Jewish...but keep in mind that I am an American and that's a part of my culture and by and in large (I'd like to say totally but I do know some French speaking people and Jewish people who I do not like so I can't) I don't mean any harm by it.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings or anything of the like.

Best_Place_on_Earth

Jul 19, 2004
North Vancouver
So far i've visited Montreal twice and I gotta tell you there is not much out there. You got rude, arrogant people running around saying they are on the top of the food chain so bow down to us. With respect to Canada's second language what about it's first?? Who said they are exempt from knowing English??

They are indeed our french-wanker province and the thing is that Montreal is so freakin diverse that if Quebec ever became a free sovereign nation it would be stuck with people that didn't speak either language. I think at that point they would end up plunging the country into some sort of ethnic cleansing procedure, ahem, Nazi's, ahem... *cough* and then we would all sit back and watch their people and economy starve to death.

You Quebecers make me sick! Thank God B.C. is so far away from that province.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
QuebecSucks said:

Outback jack, do you have a kangaroo loose in your top paddock? We don't have rabbit proof fences here yet. Maybe you should do your walk abouts in a different country. We try not to chin wag like that at this board. Are you a figjam?

Hooroo- australian for goodbye

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
To the first comment about speaking French and getting harassed for speaking it poorly, bear in mind that even small mispronunciations can be very confusing.

Try speaking English with the empHASis on the wrong syllAble, and see how easy it is to be misunderstood. Just take normal words, make one small change to the syllable emphasis, and voila, you have a word that, should you say it out loud to anybody, will not be understood. An example would be emergency. Tell someone you have an 'emerGENcy' and they will look at you totally blankly.

My point is, even the slightest mispronunciation really can create a natural confusion, it ain't necessarily about deliberately not understanding you.

Best_Place_on_Earth

Jul 19, 2004
North Vancouver
Andem said:
It's too bad the smallminded threads are always the ones that get reignited. Ofcourse this is a political forum so I guess you have to expect the trolls (as R. Blair calls them) to come in and do it.

Hey man what did you expect? We're all from different parts of this wonderful nation and we all have different views.

One of my co-workers told me her little story about their road trip from Montreal to Vancouver. Soon as they arrived in downtown Vancouver people spat and stoned their car just because it had Quebec plates. Mind you this was durring the FLQ period but still unexpected.

It's tuff subject and it will never be resolved.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Hell we drove all the way to the east coast when I was a kid. Being from Saskatchewan we had a bumper sticker..."Let the eastern bastards freeze in the dark." We were still treated pretty good from Lake Superior eastward.

We also lived in Ottawa for three years and used to go to the Expos games quite regularly. (If I ever meet the bastard who did away with Gerry Park, I'm gonna boot him in the crotch a couple of times...it was a beautiful place to watch a ball game). Again, we were always treated well even though we spoke no French.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
It's all about your own attitude in the end, isn't it? My brother does not speak French yet they love him, really love him, in Quebec. He's just an earthy, real, down-to-earth kind of guy, genuinely nice yet rowdy as hell, full of life, and obnoxious, too. He's a man's man, outspoken, hard drinker, et al. Well, you get the picture, and the people he meets respond to the essence of who he is, not whether he speaks French, what his political views are, and so on.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
QuebecSucks said:

You are the arrogant one. I have been to Quebec and was treated better than I am treated in my own hometown. I think you should keep your mouth shut and learn how to speak proper English. Maybe you should visit your friend Bush and he will teach REALLY GOOD ENGLISH WITH THE BOOK UPSIDE DOWN.

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
Vincent_2002 said:
GUYS!!! Québec does not suck most of us are always canadians and not all of us speak only french. infact most of us speak english and french or more. we are part of canada and now with the bloq out of power we can grow from it.

You mean the PQ. They will be back. Something you don't know, because of your young age, is the PQ never stays in office more the two terms. Then the liberals come in, and fuck up (as Charest already did), and they come back. People think the Liberals will do better, yet the PQ has always maneged to run Québec, more efficiently. Nothing to do with seperatism.