Unions Bailing Out On BC NDP.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Iron Workers and Steel Workers finally gave up on flogging a dead horse.

VICTORIA — B.C.’s Ironworkers threw their support behind Premier Christy Clark on Wednesday, attacking their old allies in the NDP for failing to support their jobs and criticizing the B.C. Federation of Labour for its new anti-Liberal ad campaign.

The 1,800-strong Ironworkers union endorsed Clark’s B.C. Liberals for the coming election, saying they feel abandoned by New Democrats who oppose the Site C dam, George Massey bridge and the liquified natural gas industry, which will generate thousands of jobs.

“How do I go to my members and say I need you to support the NDP when they are against everything the Ironworkers stand for?” said Doug Parton, business manager of Ironworkers Local 97, who took part in a press conference with the premier at a construction site in downtown Victoria.

Ironworkers endorse B.C. Liberals, attack NDP for lack of jobs plan | Vancouver Sun

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
The steelworkers union in Ontario is going the same route.

With the unreasonable increase in electricity, mining companies are forced to remove a lot of things like smelting, anode casting etc from their operations.

The government is really ****ing my community and everyone is calling us alt right when we vent our frustration about it....

Go figure..

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Booo!

Unions should stay the hell out of politics. The whole notion is corrupt ... unless you are one of the union members who stands to gain from the kick-back largesse of the political party that you've just put into power and then it's "democratic".

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Booo!

Unions should stay the hell out of politics. The whole notion is corrupt ... unless you are one of the union members who stands to gain from the kick-back largesse of the political party that you've just put into power and then it's "democratic".

I agree with you 99% while on the other hand i dont for the remainder because in my community unions are the only ones that keep consistent good paying jobs in my community at least

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I agree with you 99% while on the other hand i dont for the remainder because in my community unions are the only ones that keep consistent good paying jobs in my community at least

Fine. No problem. Just keep them out of the political process by which they give themselves money and employment. The rest of us should decide what public servants are worth, not the public servants.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Ever consider doing that yourself?

Nah, didn't think so.

I don't vote NDP.

Fine. No problem. Just keep them out of the political process by which they give themselves money and employment. The rest of us should decide what public servants are worth, not the public servants.

Look at Unifor and how much control they have in Ontario.

Last edited:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The NDP hasn't represented workers in BC for at least 20 years, probably longer. All they are interested in is being the mouthpiece of government unions.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
The NDP hasn't represented workers in BC for at least 20 years, probably longer. All they are interested in is being the mouthpiece of government unions.

The local steelworker union supported the NDP back in the day, you know NDP this, NDP that etc...

The unions beliebed their own shit and the people went NDP crazy. What happened next?

The NDP basically ignored the local unions, Glen Thibault who got elected as an NDP because of all the fuzz defected to the liberals etc...

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

:lol: BC NDP are Union Funded

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
During elections I do this crazy thing where I read the candidate's profiles to help me decide how to vote, and I was surprised this year by how many BC Liberal candidates have backgrounds in unions.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
During elections I do this crazy thing where I read the candidate's profiles to help me decide how to vote, and I was surprised this year by how many BC Liberal candidates have backgrounds in unions.

BC has always been know as a Union First province.. Save-On-Foods in BC with a $7 per hour job, and you have to be in a Union and pay union dues.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Since the takeover of the NDP by the teachers and nurses unions more and more labor unions are officially supporting Liberal as their membership always did .And that is official .

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
BC has always been know as a Union First province.. Save-On-Foods in BC with a $7 per hour job, and you have to be in a Union and pay union dues.

There's a useless, crappy union, for you. $7.00 per hour? Who's pocket do they live in?