Canadians pay hefty $684B bill in business subsidies over 30 years, study shows

White_Unifier
https://www.google.ca/amp/business.f...tudy-shows/amp (external - login to view)

How many starving people could that have fed?

"Over the course of the 28-year period of the Fraser Institute study, the annual cost of subsidies per taxpayer was as much as $3,268, in 1986, and as low as $797, in 1998, the Vancouver-based think-tank said."

Maybe Maxine Bernier could clean this mess up?

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+4
#2  Top Rated Post
I'd rather see the money going to Canadian businesses instead of being shipped off to some third world crap-hole where we'll never see it again while providing zero benefit to Canada.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by JinentonixView Post

I'd rather see the money going to Canadian businesses instead of being shipped off to some third world crap-hole where we'll never see it again while providing zero benefit to Canada.

Jinentonix for Prime Minister 2019

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+2
Scrapping CBC and let Bombardier sink or swim on it's own would go a long way to cutting this cost.
Couldn't tell from the article but does this also include the multiple millions drivers are forced to pay to subsidize cheap public transportation?

White_Unifier

I'd rather see it go towards the debt.

Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Jinentonix for Prime Minister 2019

I would't stand a chance in an election. Every candidate I've ever voted for has lost.

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Scrapping CBC and let Bombardier sink or swim on it's own would go a long way to cutting this cost.
Couldn't tell from the article but does this also include the multiple millions drivers are forced to pay to subsidize cheap public transportation?

I don't know but I'm in favour of cutting that too.

To be fair to the poor though, municipalities must eliminate minimum parking and lot size requirements from their construction codes and allow higher-density mixed development.

Ironically one reason the poor have it so hard is not because of the free market but because of regulation that benefits rich NIMBYs, many if whom are probably members of the NDP.

personal touch
Bloc Québécois
As a Canadian I just want to see a bang for my buck,and more so wish for the managers of my buck have correct assessments in place to determine return is mutually benificial

Remington1
+1
All whilst we, the tax payers! spend 7 hours on a cot, in a emergency hallway, because the hospital cannot afford to have 3 doctors taking care of the emergency dept. Plus couples cannot afford to have more than 2 kids, because daycare is too expensive, but we can afford to give $ 620 million to countries where it's okay to have 10 kids, even though 9 of them starve to death, they keep trying, because it's a sin to 'prevent the family' in the eyes for the elders!! My mom used to tell us about little dying children 30 years ago, and how the whole world was sending money to help them, and stars would give millions and millions to the cause. Well!! why has not some of this money been used to built a proper irrigation system in times of droughts!! or education? It seems our Government has forgotten it's own people.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation

You're just so clueless.

petros
+1
Tell us about money for nothing Putz.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
Wouldn't know. I don't farm

petros
+1
Or anything else.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Or anything else.

Hehehe...Yes, I don't "anything else"

petros
Well you do get drunk and sniff crotches. I'll give you that.

personal touch
Bloc Québécois
+1

Well you do get drunk and sniff crotches. I'll give you that.

WTF?
Can't buy class or evidently grow it
Poor taste Pedro

Petro

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation

That would be fine if so many of the subsidized businesses were not foreign owned. Canada (external - login to view)

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
Ask Carrier and Trump. Handouts to businesses are how you MAGA

personal touch
Bloc Québécois
Quote: Originally Posted by personal touchView Post

WTF?
Can't buy class or evidently grow it
Poor taste Pedro

Petro

Where is your excuse for strange responses Petro

petros
+2
It was over your head. Zooooooom

Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Ask Carrier and Trump. Handouts to businesses are how you MAGA

Make Alberta Great Again?

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar SinisterView Post

That would be fine if so many of the subsidized businesses were not foreign owned. Canada (external - login to view)

Got something against foreigners? What about Cabadian-owned foreign businesses? Ontario-owned Alberta businesses? Toronto-owned Ottawa businesses?

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar SinisterView Post

Link doesn't work. Most malarkey doesn't.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation

Yes it does.

DaSleeper
+1

Managed to get it to work by deleting half the linlk
That site is about as biased as his opinion of the NRA!

mentalfloss
'I don't agree, therefore fake news'

DaSleeper
+1
The contributors and editors ......Just a bunch of snowflakes......like you!

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

'I don't agree, therefore fake news'

Fake and terrifying. So many snowflakes!!!

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Managed to get it to work by deleting half the linlk
That site is about as biased as his opinion of the NRA!

And did it link to a Govt program on how to obtain subsidies or was it tax credits again?

Nope. No subsidies just "money for nothing tax breaks" yet again.

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+2

Or anything else.

He sorts bottles at the recycling center as long as the grant money keeps coming in.

DaSleeper
+2

And did it link to a Govt program on how to obtain subsidies or was it tax credits again?

Nope. No subsidies just "money for nothing tax breaks" yet again.

Nope.....couldn't find that link.... but when I googled the "managing director" and a couple of their ""Experts""
Snowflakes is a mild term to define them.......

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation

He sorts bottles at the recycling center as long as the grant money keeps coming in.

You guys should get together and straighten out your stories. People are getting confused. Am I on pogey? Am I a recycler? A turd herder? Maybe all of the above?

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Nope.....couldn't find that link.... but when I googled the "managing director" and a couple of their ""Experts""
Snowflakes is a mild term to define them.......

The liberal alt-left hates being called snowflakes. They're very fragile you see.

no new posts