Toronto Police obtain crack video of Ford

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Toronto’s police chief says investigators have recovered a digital video file that shows Rob Ford in a situation that is consistent with images described in recent media reports.

Last May, Gawker and the Toronto Star published reports about a video that allegedly shows Ford smoking crack cocaine from a glass pipe. The alleged video has not surfaced.

In response to the allegations, Ford said he does not use crack cocaine and he denied the video's existence.

At a news conference Thursday, Chief Bill Blair would not describe the video's contents or Ford's actions in the video, but he admitted he is "disappointed" by the discovery.
“I think as a citizen of Toronto I’m disappointed,” Blair added moments later, saying the controversy is a “traumatic” issue for Toronto residents and the city’s image.

Police obtain video of Ford that is consistent with reports, Blair says | CP24.com

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Now will Ford do the honourable thing and resign. Oh sorry Ford wouldn't
know what the word honourable means. Even I thought this was too crazy
I thought he might be addicted to Pizza or something like that. Now to be
a little fair I don't think Ford uses Cocaine everyday but that was not the
issues. Ford stated he didn't use Crack Cocaine and if the video shows him
doing that even once he didn't tell the truth. Resign

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
It's not so much the drug use that worries me, it's the putting himself in the position to have money and favours extorted from him.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Couldn't agree with you more about extortion and favours. However this man
set himself up as I am a victim and the big bad press is out to get me I didn't
do anything wrong. Right, he did the deed and even defenders of the faith as
it were must be disappointed this morning.
Except for the fact he is a scuzz bucket I was wondering if they were going to far
now I have my answer. What is the saying if you lay down with dogs you wake
up with fleas.
Its time for Rob Ford to admit his actions and his absense of courage and
resign.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Is the video real or made up. There has certainly been enough time passed from the first reports to fake a video.

I find it difficult to believe the police chief would make a public statement on really sketchy evidence. Not saying the police in Toronto are above that sort of thing but you don't get to that position by being stupid with public announcements.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Long time between the first and second that is true and for some serious reasons.
One I will bet its part of the extortion.
two its probably been the subject of those in law enforcement determining the
authenticity of the video.
Three the police are not going to tell what the have while an investigation is going on.
I also believe the police were being cautious as there are apparently seventy others
there and God knows who face will be added to the Got Ya list before this thing is
done. As for no criminal act. Well the man is allegedly engaging in smoking the stuff.
Now police take pictures of young people smoking the weed for future use don't
they? If a group of people allegedly involved in other illegal activities are all together
doing something allegedly illegal on film wouldn't that translate into something allegedly
illegal was going on?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I find it difficult to believe the police chief would make a public statement on really sketchy evidence. Not saying the police in Toronto are above that sort of thing but you don't get to that position by being stupid with public announcements.

I don't pay enough attention to Toronto politics to know or care who is on what side. But the timing makes one wonder and it is not that difficult to make good fakes these days.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I don't pay enough attention to Toronto politics to know or care who is on what side. But the timing makes one wonder and it is not that difficult to make good fakes these days.

Not saying it's not either, but if it is faked, then it's got to be of a calibur that would convict someone. Because I just don't see a police chief making a bold statement like that on a maybe, that's all I'm saying.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I think this tape or a version of it has been in police hands for months and they
know what they have. Ford was kept in the dark

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

He never said much, aside from being disappointed. Now that is the key as Blair had access to all the evidence.
He cannot say much about an ongoing investigation.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Now will Ford do the honourable thing and resign. Oh sorry Ford wouldn't
know what the word honourable means. Even I thought this was too crazy
I thought he might be addicted to Pizza or something like that. Now to be
a little fair I don't think Ford uses Cocaine everyday but that was not the
issues. Ford stated he didn't use Crack Cocaine and if the video shows him
doing that even once he didn't tell the truth. Resign

I don't think this precludes the pudgy little guy being addicted to Pizza.

I think this tape or a version of it has been in police hands for months and they
know what they have. Ford was kept in the dark

I'm not sure he was kept in the dark so much just being in the dark! Not the brightest candle on the cake for sure!

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Is the video real or made up. There has certainly been enough time passed from the first reports to fake a video.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
People have been waiting for the other shoe to drop and it just did
right on Ford. If Toronto is the center of the universe politically its
about to become a black hole in political space.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Of course you would know for sure that it is real and Ford is guilty without any evidence being presented in court. You should hire yourself out to the government to pronounce guilt and save taxpayers a bundle on due process and court costs. Do you do sentencing as well?