BC Liberals and NDP are apparently neck-and-neck.

Vancouverite

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2011
Liberals are getting closer, so they may pull off an upset yet - many of us still remember the dark ages of the NDP during the 1990's.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Liberals are getting closer, so they may pull off an upset yet - many of us still remember the dark ages of the NDP during the 1990's.

Whoa!!! NDP has to win.. WTF are people thinking.. Liberals screwed BC'ers.

When NDP was in charge.. when did you see this sh!t on the streets of Vancouver..

Canada's #1 tourist city and people living on the streets, dirty.. WTF, they must think they are visiting Seattle. THIS IS CANADA!!!

BC Liberals Suck: Olympic-Sized BC Liberal Recipe for Poverty & Homelessness

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Whoa!!! NDP has to win.. WTF are people thinking.. Liberals screwed BC'ers.

When NDP was in charge.. when did you see this sh!t on the streets of Vancouver..

You're kidding, right? I gather you were too young to remember pigeon park on Hastings at carrall.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
You're kidding, right? I gather you were too young to remember pigeon park on Hastings at carrall.

Possibly.. sure Hasting Street has always been a sh!thole for about 8 blocks.. around the cop shop.

The Liberals have been redeveloping that area, raising costs for the poor and giving them no options or place to go.. That's what they are good at - displacing poor people.

admittedly, she is hot.. a PILF - Premier I'd Like to F

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
..and the Liberals enacted the HST.

FORCED to change it back.. but wouldn't trust them not to try and re-enact the HST after being elected again.

Statement from Premier Christy Clark on HST

Today, the “Fact-Free-BC” Liberal campaign rolled into Fort Nelson claiming to stand up for the north. Let’s look at the BC Liberal record when it comes to standing up for northern BC.

* BC LIBERAL RECORD: In the last election, the BC Liberals said they wouldn’t bring in the HST. After the election, they brought in the HST.

So how did BC voters in northern BC respond? Let’s review how they voted in the referendum on the BC Liberals’ signature accomplishment since the last election – the HST.

RIDING and % VOTE AGAINST HST
Peace River North 50%
Stikine 54%
Cariboo Chilcotin 57%
Prince George-Mackenzie 57%
Peace River South 58%
Prince George-Valemount 59%
Cariboo North 59%
Skeena 67%
North Coast 67%

BC Liberals want British Columbians to forget their record, but voters in the north remember it, especially the HST. That’s why voters in the north and in every corner of the province are voting for change on May 14. VOTE NDP!!

http://www.bcndp.ca/video/happy-4th-birthday-bc-liberal-promise-not-bring-hst

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The point is, boomer, try using crap that the libs are solely responsible for and not crap that anybody with half a brain and a decent memory can show that the NDP or Socreds had also done during their tenures.

and if you don't know because you were'nt there or were too young to give a shyte...... then google is your friend.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Sorry I just don't trust lairs. The BC Liberals are just that, lairs.

Happy 4th Birthday, BC Liberal Promise Not To Bring In The HST - YouTube

So what is your opinion on the HST.. I mean, you're living in BC??

It put an unfair burden on families to have to pay more taxes for products necessary for child care, and cost small business more. It cost BC jobs.. I know of a few companies that moved because of it, it was the last straw.

Do you think if elected they would try to bring the HST in again Gerryh?

Personally Gerryh, I think truly that is my only beef with the BC Liberals.. HST and the fact they lied to the public. Mislead the voters.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
no, I left BC less than a week after campbell and his band of crooks took office. I voted for the NDP and got outa dodge.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The point is, boomer, try using crap that the libs are solely responsible for and not crap that anybody with half a brain and a decent memory can show that the NDP or Socreds had also done during their tenures.

and if you don't know because you were'nt there or were too young to give a shyte...... then google is your friend.

Politicians are all tarred with the same brush, Gerry and one political party is as rotten as the next. But Christy does have more brains than Dixie and if you vote for Dixie be prepared to pay some horrendous buy out costs not to mention $millions changing stationery, letter heads, stamps, signs on desks, door etc. Remember Dixie doesn't have access to any more money than Christy, although he may be under the illusion it grows on trees.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Campbell was about as much a liberal as wacky Bennett and his son were. Remember them? How about flying phil?

I live in Alberta

I don't think there was much wrong with old Wacky, he just refused to spend money he didn't have. I think his worst fault was cosying up to Flying Phil who was as crooked as a dog's hind leg. I imagine he told Phil do what you want, but make sure I don't hear about it.-:)

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I don't think there was much wrong with old Wacky, he just refused to spend money he didn't have. I think his worst fault was cosying up to Flying Phil who was as crooked as a dog's hind leg. I imagine he told Phil do what you want, but make sure I don't hear about it.-:)

there was a reason he was called "wacky" and it wasn't because he was WAC.

ah yes, the best province in the Dominion. :notworthy:

ummmm....no. one province in the Dominion. Every Province is a hell of a lot more than it's politics. If it was all about the politics, then I would consider Alberta a shyte hole and wouldn't be living here.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

There was a reason he held onto power for 20 years too. There's no doubt he was "wacky" by today's standards, but the province prospered in those days. You just have to look at towns like Trail, Port Alberni, Powell River as they were then.

ummmm....no. one province in the Dominion. Every Province is a hell of a lot more than it's politics. If it was all about the politics, then I would consider Alberta a shyte hole and wouldn't be living here.

Well, one thing for sure Gerry, you never want to take politics too seriously.