Governing from behind a wall in Canada.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Looks like the federal government is about to get even more secretive under the conservatives.

Welcome to the information blackout in Canada

In my last post, which looked at Tony Clement's not-so-open "Open Government" initiatives, I mentioned that the B.C. Freedom of Information and Privacy Association (FIPA) had recently received leaked documents detailing a new federal government plan to make government websites a whole lot less informative.

Since being tipped off to the plan, FIPA has attempted to obtain details under the Access to Information Act. Unfortunately, we keep running into roadblocks thrown up by the Treasury Board, the domain of -- you guessed it -- open government minister Tony Clement. First, Clement's department demanded thousands of dollars in fees to process the request. Now they're insisting on hundreds of days of delays to allow for unspecified "consultations."

Frustrating as this process has been, our leaked documents show it's no surprise that the government is dragging things out.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
LOL, after almost eight years of this BS I kind of doubt it's down to mere bureaucratic inertia.

It's no secret the current conservative government is accurate information adverse.

When it gets to the point where we have to guess what's going on inside our government then I think we can strongly question whether or not it's even our government anymore. I don't think we're very far from that now.

Throw in robocalls and it's possible that some conservative MPs weren't even legally elected.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
When they won't give you information under proper requests for information that is all the information necessary to form an accurate opinion about the intentions of government. Consider yourself informed.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
LOL, after almost eight years of this BS I kind of doubt it's down to mere bureaucratic inertia.

It's no secret the current conservative government is accurate information adverse.

When it gets to the point where we have to guess what's going on inside our government then I think we can strongly question whether or not it's even our government anymore. I don't think we're very far from that now.

Throw in robocalls and it's possible that some conservative MPs weren't even legally elected.

Want some cheese with your whine?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
If we want to free Canada we will need an uninfected federal party. This will be very difficult to establish given the virulance of the NWO flu. fifty cents for the one who corrects that misspelled word

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Oh, so now I'm not a Canadian because I'm not a conservative?
LMAO!

It comes as no surprise that you would make things up.

But I wonder if you're aware that you pretty much said just that about people who don't think like you, lol.

How arrogant do you have to be to even think that way.
I agree.

I'm glad you can admit it though. It's a good sign, lol.

[

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
LOL, I think there's just one guy sitting in some conservative office somewhere posting complete BS off some guide based on how bizarre the discussion is here.

Thanks for the laugh.:D

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
How can it be arrogant to express the absolute necessity of wresting Canada back from the internationalist dogs infesting Ottawa and every provincial capital in the land. These elements are bent on birthing total war for the benefit of the elite monsters.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
How can it be arrogant to express the absolute necessity of wresting Canada back from the internationalist dogs infesting Ottawa and every provincial capital in the land. These elements are bent on birthing total war for the benefit of the elite monsters.

If I bothered to explain, would it even make any difference?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Nope, give me my country back, we'll be taking it anyway in a couple of years...count on it.

Remember what happened the last time the right tried to take this country over by force?

We are only now just beginning to get our country back from the leftards that were so busy trying to tear it down.