Two Women’s Fight For Power In Redneck Country

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/alberta/Tories+Wildrose+Campaign+erupts+into+words/6426374/story.html

This has to be a first for Alberta politics two women leaders of two Conservative parties fighting for the same voters.

Wildrose who is radically to the right and PCs that are closer to the centre.

Forget about the male vote they are counting on the women voters to carry one of them to victory, men will have to play second fiddle in this election and women’s lib have won the day.

In this election women’s issues are front and centre and the men are led out to pasture because let’s face it they are only good for one thing seed planting.

At the end of the day the wooden spoon will rule and the pecking order will be realigned.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/alberta/Tories+Wildrose+Campaign+erupts+into+words/6426374/story.html

This has to be a first for Alberta politics two women leaders of two Conservative parties fighting for the same voters.

Forget about the male vote they are counting on the women voters to carry one of them to victory, men will have to play second fiddle in this election and women’s lib have won the day.

In this election women’s issues are front and centre and the men are led out to pasture because let’s face it they are only good for one thing seed planting.

At the end of the day the wooden spoon will rule and the pecking order will be realigned.

A classic example of emotion getting in the way of facts! :smile:

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

Out in Redneck Country, eh? I didn't realize it had defined legal boundaries.

I read the LINK in the O.P. and unlike the title of this Thread and the first
line of the Opening Post...it doesn't use the term "Redneck" in a derogatory
manner. Actually, it doesn't use the term at all.

Rednecks....real self-identifying Rednecks, can be found in every state and
province in every country on this globe. They are your Neighbours, your
Coworkers, your Friends. They are fixing your car, and dating your Daughter,
and holding the door open at the mall for your Wife. They are your Plumber,
your Electrician, and the people renovating your home. They are everywhere,
and they look just like you and I....and everyone else you have ever met,
regardless of Race or Creed or Color or Gender or Socioeconomic status
or Religious standing....or a complete lack there of.

Using the term in a derogatory manner without seeming to realize that you are
constantly surrounded by Rednecks is careless at best. If you're going to be a
bigot, be aware of your surroundings when you spew your intolerance before
it bites you in the arse. Just a head's up.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Out in Redneck Country, eh? I didn't realize it had defined legal boundaries.

I read the LINK in the O.P. and unlike the title of this Thread and the first
line of the Opening Post...it doesn't use the term "Redneck" in a derogatory
manner. Actually, it doesn't use the term at all.

Rednecks....real self-identifying Rednecks, can be found in every state and
province in every country on this globe. They are your Neighbours, your
Coworkers, your Friends. They are fixing your car, and dating your Daughter,
and holding the door open at the mall for your Wife. They are your Plumber,
your Electrician, and the people renovating your home. They are everywhere,
and they look just like you and I....and everyone else you have ever met,
regardless of Race or Creed or Color or Gender or Socioeconomic status
or Religious standing....or a complete lack there of.

Using the term in a derogatory manner without seeming to realize that you are
constantly surrounded by Rednecks is careless at best. If you're going to be a
bigot, be aware of your surroundings when you spew your intolerance before

II used to live in Wildrose country Alberta and a lot of people told me not to talk about my eastern values because I was in redneck country and I have talk people who identified themselves as being proud of being rednecks if you take it as derogatory well I am sorry

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
II used to live in Wildrose country Alberta and a lot of people told me not to talk about my eastern values because I was in redneck country and I have talk people who identified themselves as being proud of being rednecks if you take it as derogatory well I am sorry

... were those people who 'identified' themselves as rednecks in fact Allison Redford and Daniel Smith?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
If you're going to be a bigot, be aware of your surroundings when you spew your intolerance before

C'mon Ron... Maybe Liberalman is simply celebrating his heritage as a bigot.

Hmmmm, I wonder... Seeing how that we all have had significant exposure to Liberalman over the years and based on the bigoted statements he perpetually posts, is it right to assume that all folks from his province are bigots?

I'd appreciate if you could shed a little light on that issue for me.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
C'mon Ron... Maybe Liberalman is simply celebrating his heritage as a bigot.

Hmmmm, I wonder... Seeing how that we all have had significant exposure to Liberalman over the years and based on the bigoted statements he perpetually posts, is it right to assume that all folks from his province are bigots?

I'd appreciate if you could shed a little light on that issue for me.

I am not a bigot and I never was but I met a lot of bigots in Alberta but I listened and I am proud of my eastern values which is more fair

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I am not a bigot and I never was but I met a lot of bigots in Alberta but I listened and I am proud of my eastern values which is more fair

Do you think those "Eastern values" stack up to the work ethics of the Alberta Red Neck? :lol:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Strange title there. I've been to Alberta and never felt like I was in "Redneck Country".

I don't dispute your experience, but it just goes to show that two people in the same province can meet different kinds of people and so get a very different experience. You weren't going out of your way to find the rednecks by any chance, were you?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009

Your commentary in the OP sounded extremely bigoted to me... Apparently Ron held a similar opinion.

That said, considering that you feel it reasonable to apply your individual subjective opinion on Westerners and broadly generalize; why can't others do the same?

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Strange title there. I've been to Alberta and never felt like I was in "Redneck Country".

I don't dispute your experience, but it just goes to show that two people in the same province can meet different kinds of people and so get a very different experience. You weren't going out of your way to find the rednecks by any chance, were you?

No it's people I worked with and people I went to church with and people that seved me at stores and businesses

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Your commentary in the OP sounded extremely bigoted to me... Apparently Ron held a similar opinion.

That said, considering that you feel it reasonable to apply your individual subjective opinion on Westerners and broadly generalize; why can't others do the same?

Did I ever write that people can't do the same this is how I deal with my learning curve opinions and thoughts are continually changing as the world changes one day I will change to have other points but as long as we are talking the learning curve will continue to evolve.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
No it's people I worked with and people I went to church with and people that seved me at stores and businesses

I'd been to Calgary, Edmonton, Lake Louise, and Wainright, and did not come across anyone I could conclusively identify as a redneck. I may have met some and just didn't know they were, but the ones I did get to know were no rednecks for the most part. At work in Wainright I did meet a few nationalists, including extreme ones and neo-Nazis (one even tattooed accordingly), but they weren't necessarily from Alberta itself, or at least I'd never ascertained that. But except at work, I tried to avoid them.

In Edmonton though I'd met many kind people, no issue there.

So, why did you hang out with so many rednecks on your own time? I actually found it quite easy to find good friends.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
I'd been to Calgary, Edmonton, Lake Louise, and Wainright, and did not come across anyone I could conclusively identify as a redneck. I may have met some and just didn't know they were, but the ones I did get to know were no rednecks for the most part. At work in Wainright I did meet a few nationalists, including extreme ones and neo-Nazis (one even tattooed accordingly), but they weren't necessarily from Alberta itself, or at least I'd never ascertained that. But except at work, I tried to avoid them.

In Edmonton though I'd met many kind people, no issue there.

So, why did you hang out with so many rednecks on your own time? I actually found it quite easy to find good friends.

I am talking about late 1970s to early 1980s