Let's get to know NDP leadership candidate Thomas Mulcair.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Many people might care. If it's a non-issue, then why hide it?

Fact is, Muclair sees that it has only potential downside and no benefit that he recognize this circumstance, that's the reason that he will ignore the situation.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I think you're making mountains out of molehills, but if you vote based on citizenship status, then I guess that's your own prerogative.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I'm fairly certain the link in the first post doesn't reference a website designed to help Mulcair win the NDP leadership. But even that negative attack website doesn't mention Mulcair's dual citizenship. As far as I'm concerned its a non-issue.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
I think that Muclair's dual citizenship status will have an impact on some voters. In fact, I believe that it will be many voters will take notice.

Considering that party's membership has gone up since he's been in office, and he's the #1 candidate to win this thing, I highly doubt voters even give a damn.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Both my parents were American and though I was born in Canada, I could have had dual citizenship but I didn't want it. A couple of my siblings opted for dual citizenship and I don't think it made much difference in their lives.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Considering that party's membership has gone up since he's been in office, and he's the #1 candidate to win this thing, I highly doubt voters even give a damn.

Then he's got nothing to worry about then.

Both my parents were American and though I was born in Canada, I could have had dual citizenship but I didn't want it. A couple of my siblings opted for dual citizenship and I don't think it made much difference in their lives.

I don't think that this is as much about holding dual citizenship as it is about running for the top job in the country as a dual citizen

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Dude, the guy isn't even hired yet.

Think about the message you're sending to people with this pre-emptive smear campaign, lol

Last edited:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
He's dual citizenship with which countries?? Canada & Quebec?

I think all Canadians should have dual citizenship with the United States.. Actually I wish Canada would adopt CNMI (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands) constitution, that would be cool.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
A Canadian with dual citizenship is by necessity (and physics) half a citizen of both countries, a whole citizen of each country every other day, or an indecisive actor in a hidden theater production of lying internationalist politics???

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
The Queen is the citizen of 16 realms. She's Canadian approximately 23 days a year. I think that was in February this year.
Dual citizenship is an asset.