Police called to Ford's home Christmas Day: report

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Police called to Ford's home Christmas Day: report

For the second time in as many months, police officers were called to Mayor Rob Ford's Etobicoke home about a reported domestic dispute, the Toronto Star reports.

Ford's mother-in-law made the call Christmas Day between 4 a.m. and 5 a.m., claiming the mayor had been drinking and was taking his children to Florida against the wishes of his wife, Renata, the newspaper reported Friday.

Police officers responded to a domestic call at the Ford residence Oct. 25, less than 15 hours after Ford called 911 following a confrontation in his driveway with a crew from CBC's "This Hour Has 22 Minutes," the Star reported.

According to the report, members of Toronto Police Service's youth and family violence unit, which handles all domestic-related calls, are investigating both incidents. No charges have been laid.

Renata Ford's parents told the Star the Christmas morning call was a mistake and everything is OK.

Ford didn't provide a comment to the Star and hasn't responded to Friday's newspaper report. CP24 is attempting to contact the mayor for a comment.

Police have responded to multiple 911 calls from Ford's home in recent years, according to the Star.

After a 911 call regarding an alleged domestic dispute in 2008, Ford was charged with assault and uttering a death threat to his wife, but the charges were later dropped. Ford was a city councillor at the time.

CP24- Police called to Ford's home Christmas Day: report

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Phew!!! To bad he wasn't caught in a rub-n-tug. Or you'd be denouncing the Star, because he hasn't had his day in court.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Just now? I saw that hours ago but I figured someone would get around to posting it.

Decided to go with the orangutan story instead.

Google news is sometimes a bit screwy for me.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This is typical high profile people stuff. It is likely there was domestic trouble brewing and
some drinking going on complete with threats of going to sunny climates etc. When cool
heads return everyone decides to sweep under the rug rather than vacuum the truth into
a proper container. This guy is a loose cannon and a one term mayor at best. He is going
to turn the city of Toronto in a much bigger joke than it would be other wise.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
It happens every now and then, a Mayor gets elected with a lot of promise and people
wish to God they never voted for him, Sullivan in Vancouver was one of those. A more
slippery man, was never elected. Ford is not all together by the sound of it, he is one of
those people who knows little and claims to know a lot and when he gets elected the
problems begin, because he is the problem.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It happens every now and then, a Mayor gets elected with a lot of promise and people
wish to God they never voted for him, Sullivan in Vancouver was one of those. A more
slippery man, was never elected. Ford is not all together by the sound of it, he is one of
those people who knows little and claims to know a lot and when he gets elected the
problems begin, because he is the problem.

Parksville had a real nutter for a mayor about 20 years ago and then he went into provincial politics before going really beserk and finally resigned just as the final recall votes were being counted. I heard recently he's trying to get back into politics at one level or another!

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Do the politician’s dirty laundry matter in Canadian society? In America it does but here depending what it is.

The late leader of the federal NDP Jack Layton was found by police butt naked in a Toronto massage parlour while he was married to Mrs Chow and this information surfaced during the last federal election and the NDP won official opposition party status.

In Mayor Rob Ford’s case it was known that he had domestic violence issues as well as a marijuana police charge in the sunny American state of Florida, which the Toronto newspaper heavily published during the election and he still was elected Mayor of Toronto

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Do the politician’s dirty laundry matter in Canadian society? In America it does but here depending what it is.

The late leader of the federal NDP Jack Layton was found by police butt naked in a Toronto massage parlour while he was married to Mrs Chow and this information surfaced during the last federal election and the NDP won official opposition party status.

In Mayor Rob Ford’s case it was known that he had domestic violence issues as well as a marijuana police charge in the sunny American state of Florida, which the Toronto newspaper heavily published during the election and he still was elected Mayor of Toronto

Political scandals don't carry the same weight here as they do south of the border. For most part, our "scandals" are pretty boring and rather lame. I would say though that there is a pretty big difference between revelations of past discretions and current calls to 911 for domestic disturbances while in office.

Having said that, I really don't care. He's not my mayor.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Not many politicians carry the same weight.... apparently from booze and eating a case lots of PC Decadent Cookies after getting baked.

P.S.

deca dent.....10 teeth.

You're on the ball this morning. A real Latin scholar! :lol:

Political scandals don't carry the same weight here as they do south of the border. For most part, our "scandals" are pretty boring and rather lame. I would say though that there is a pretty big difference between revelations of past discretions and current calls to 911 for domestic disturbances while in office.

Having said that, I really don't care. He's not my mayor.

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

You got that right, nothing compares with the Profumo scandal in Britain in the 60s. You probably don't remember that one! :lol::lol: