Premier Christy Clark Is Using A Fake Name As The Premier Of British Columbia

wizard

Time Out
Nov 18, 2011
... the unelected british columbia premier is being sued in the bc supreme court. what's insane about the lawsuit is that the unelected premier is using TWO DIFFERENT NAMES in the bc supreme court from the name she's using as a liberal bandit ...

... here's a link to the bc supreme court paperwork that uses two (!) alternate names for the unelected premier: BC SUPREME COURT DOCUMENT ...

... this isn't all that unusual actually. crooks often use aliases, why should christy be any different?

... so is her name christy clark, is it christina clarke or is it christina joan clarke? which name is on your driver's license christy?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
... the unelected british columbia premier is being sued in the bc supreme court. what's insane about the lawsuit is that the unelected premier is using TWO DIFFERENT NAMES in the bc supreme court from the name she's using as a liberal bandit ...

... here's a link to the bc supreme court paperwork that uses two (!) alternate names for the unelected premier: BC SUPREME COURT DOCUMENT ...

... this isn't all that unusual actually. crooks often use aliases, why should christy be any different?

... so is her name christy clark, is it christina clarke or is it christina joan clarke? which name is on your driver's license christy?

Vancouver Forum • View topic - It Seems Christy Clark Is Using A Fake Name As The Premier
Hmmm - Shark Hunter do you have a news paper link?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
... yeh, there it is ...
Y a I see that.

I have three names too. Like many people. My given name, my middle name, my surname.

My given, or first name, I don't like (My Mom chose it). My middle name, with which I identify more closely, is Bear (In English).

On many a docket, I have been listed by my last name first, middle initial, if listed at all. And the name I go by, listed as my given name. All perfectly legal.

That's not unusual, or fake, or illegal. Nor does it nullify her position.

wizard

Time Out
Nov 18, 2011
Y a I see that.

I have three names too. Like many people. My given name, my middle name, my surname.

My given, or first name, I don't like (My Mom chose it). My middle name, with which I identify more closely, is Bear (In English).

On many a docket, I have been listed by my last name first, middle initial, if listed at all. And the name I go by, listed as my given name. All perfectly legal.

That's not unusual, or fake, or illegal. Nor does it nullify her position.
... how many different ways do you spell your last name?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

Unlike all other politicans that use their full legal names (given, middle and surname)? Care to name any that do?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
To start with, I will be voting for Dix in the next election, and having said that let me
address this issue. Clarke is elected she was elected in her riding and became a
member of the house, she is also the leader of the party and in a parliamentary
system being the leader she in this case is the Premier. In fact she could have been
elected leader of the party, and remained unelected in the house and still been the
Premier and yes it has happened before.
As for two different names, she can use a nickname if she wants there is no reason
not to. On official documents, she would sign her name as documented and can
in fact use the most notable name in public. In my view this is semantic nonsense.
God its hard to defend her also but in this case reality must prevail.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
... how many different ways do you spell your last name?
Three. Sometimes just for ****s and giggles.

Hell, after doing a genealogy search, I found out we lost an "e" at the end of our last name too. But I'm still me.

Unlike all other politicans that use their full legal names (given, middle and surname)? Care to name any that do?
Avril (Kim) Campbell.

Steve (Stephan) Harper...

wizard

Time Out
Nov 18, 2011
As for two different names, she can use a nickname if she wants there is no reason
not to. On official documents, she would sign her name as documented and can
in fact use the most notable name in public. In my view this is semantic nonsense.
... thanks for you feedback. great post ...

... however, it's not semantic nonsense, it's a matter of the law. we're not talking about a nickname here, we're looking at a legal government document at the link that uses a different surname for the premier of british columbia than the name she uses in public. that is NOT legal in any way ...

... using alternate spellings for names is a fraud tactic ...

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Who really cares. The odds of her being Premier after the next election are slightly lower than my chance of walking on the moon without a spacesuit.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

You are an idiot. An idiot that has no clue as to how election laws work. Many people have two different names. One which is on their birth certificate and the other that they are known by. Also it is legal to use an assumed name as long as it is not for illegal purposes.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

... however, it's not semantic nonsense, it's a matter of the law. we're not talking about a nickname here, we're looking at a legal government document at the link that uses a different surname for the premier of british columbia than the name she uses in public. that is NOT legal in any way ...

OMG!!!

I wonder just how many rock stars, and actors are in breach of the law!!!

I'm having a wonderful read at the Court Services Onlone site Sharkie.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

As in the Shark Hunter. A man of many identities. And who will you be in the morning???????