NDP MPs reluctant to discuss membership in other parties

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
More than three weeks after it emerged NDP interim leader Nycole Turmel once held a Bloc Quebecois party membership, the NDP remains silent on how many members of its party have held - or still hold - memberships in other parties at the federal or provincial level.
Postmedia News surveyed all 103 members of the NDP caucus in both French and English. A Toronto newspaper went through the same exercise in English recently and received no replies.

Postmedia's survey asked whether the member currently is, or was, part of another provincial or federal party and whether he or she made donations to any other party.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Not sure if that really matters.

I personally don't have a problem with it. If conservatives and liberals want to keep this info close to the chest, I'm fine with that too.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
More than three weeks after it emerged NDP interim leader Nycole Turmel once held a Bloc Quebecois party membership, the NDP remains silent on how many members of its party have held - or still hold - memberships in other parties at the federal or provincial level.
Postmedia News surveyed all 103 members of the NDP caucus in both French and English. A Toronto newspaper went through the same exercise in English recently and received no replies.

Postmedia's survey asked whether the member currently is, or was, part of another provincial or federal party and whether he or she made donations to any other party.

Who cares????? :smile:

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
This is really a dead issue now that it is more than obvious that all parties have one or more of these skeletons in their closet.

So the NDP can go back to sucking just like it always did.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Since the bloc and the NDP are both parties for freeloaders I don't see as it makes much difference. Both are anti Canadian values.
The BC Liberal party has a policy that one cannot belong to another provincial party. Don't know how one gives up party membership until it expires which is normally every couple of years.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Since the bloc and the NDP are both parties for freeloaders I don't see as it makes much difference. Both are anti Canadian values.
The BC Liberal party has a policy that one cannot belong to another provincial party. Don't know how one gives up party membership until it expires which is normally every couple of years.

Do you remember when Dave Barrett was premier and welfare recipients could claim a dog allowance? I think every hippy on Lasqueti Id. got it, probably all claiming the same dog! :lol::lol::lol:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
...as opposed to Corporate freeloaders and parasite investors? I'm sure you'd find some of them in management too....

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Do you remember when Dave Barrett was premier and welfare recipients could claim a dog allowance? I think every hippy on Lasqueti Id. got it, probably all claiming the same dog! :lol::lol::lol:

I remember that. Man there were a lot of dogs running loose then. Every freeloader in town had 3 or 4 dogs. I think it was around $20 / month per dog which in 1974 was a good chunk of change.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I remember that. Man there were a lot of dogs running loose then. Every freeloader in town had 3 or 4 dogs. I think it was around $20 / month per dog which in 1974 was a good chunk of change.

Yep, would probably buy a pound of pot! :lol:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Can we talk about Denis Lebel PC Minister of Transport being a card carrying BQ'er in the past too?

WOW!

Here is the difference.

THEN and NOW.

lol

Lebel left the Bloc ten years ago.

Turmel left in January.....which ain't so bad.

What is bad is her continued membership in the radical separatist, far left Quebec Solidaire.....a party founded in part by the Communist Party of Quebec.

Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition is supposed to be just that.......

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
...and there's no PROOF it isn't - except in a need for propaganda when facts seem oh, so bland.

That is correct.....although I think current membership in a separatist party more radical that either the Bloc or the PQ is probably not a good sign.......lol

It is a thing the voters should be aware of.....come the next election.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
No.

I have a Conservative membership, therefore I am a Conservative.

Why would you do that? It just encourages the bastards! I had an N.D.P. membership 25 years ago but that went stale faster than yesterday's bread! :smile:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
You may never have been conservative.....but you most definitely were Conservative.

I was on a CSIS pester list for a while too.... Falling into that "linear thinking" thing you like to throw around, you being Conservative, have association with a terrorist - using the famous label-maker.

See how guilt by association backfires?