Why people play snob.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Some people are snobs and look down on other people because thats how they were raised,and taught growing up,and they were probably taught or are insecure about themselves and use this snobish act as a barrier.

They generally feel that theyre better than you for whatever reason their parents taught them,maybe even though they never worked to close as hard as you did.

It stems from them just genuinely thinking theyre better for whatever reason,maybe they feel because they have a greater income that theyre superior to everybody else when in fact that has nothing to do with lifes greatness.

Lifes greatness is far better then a snob.....................................................:smile:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Psychologists agree: Snobbery is not a question of tastes—no matter how old-fashioned or expensive. What makes someone a snob is the tendency to look down on others and treat them with condescension, says Leon Seltzer, a clinical psychologist in Del Mar, California.
"Snobbery comes from the inside out; it's about how you view other people," Seltzer says. It's one thing to spend your Saturdays at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, quite another to look down on the people at the multiplex around the corner.
At its most extreme, snobbery can be a symptom of narcissistic personality disorder, a condition marked by grandiosity, a need for admiration, and a preoccupation with power and prestige. But unlike the garden-variety snob, narcissists have impaired relationships because they're unable to enter anyone else's world.
Field Guide to the Snob: Some Like It Haute | Psychology Today

Eutaphodia

Jan 31, 2010
Grandville
Narsasistic personality disorder – as disorder where people must demean others, which also happens within societies under the guise of religion and governments.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Narsasistic personality disorder – as disorder where people must demean others, which also happens within societies under the guise of religion and governments.

Good day to you Eutaphobia, Religion and Governments have been the biggest source of hypocrisy in terms of societal standards.
It is known that, a good way to see the real quality of a person, is to observe how he or she treats others who have nothing to offer him or her.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Well, I'd like to hang around and read this, but; I'm off to buy a new Gucci wallet with matching shoes. A new shipment just came in, and I just HAVE to have them!

I know YOU might find that hard to understand, and it's quite understandable that YOU PEOPLE would.

Then I think a weekend in Aspen is in order. YOU PEOPLE have probably never been there, but; take my word for it.............It's WONDERFUL. Barak might be there, and we could share a tete a' tete. Solve a few world problems for the little people.

Have a nice day. In your own little way, of course.

TTFN

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Some people are snobs and look down on other people because thats how they were raised,and taught growing up,and they were probably taught or are insecure about themselves and use this snobish act as a barrier.

They generally feel that theyre better than you for whatever reason their parents taught them,maybe even though they never worked to close as hard as you did.

It stems from them just genuinely thinking theyre better for whatever reason,maybe they feel because they have a greater income that theyre superior to everybody else when in fact that has nothing to do with lifes greatness.

Lifes greatness is far better then a snob.....................................................:smile:
Some people mistake shyness for snobbery. When my husband and I first got married I was miserably shy. I was born and raised in a small town where everyone knew everyone. There were people in town who were what we might consider as "the wealthy" but those people knew that their wealth came from the business they generated locally and they never held themselves above anyone who was not well off. There were no rules about not being friends with someone because they were poor. But -----once I married and moved away to a small city, life changed drastically for me. The only person I knew was my husband and truthfully, I didn't know him all that well. We dated for a year before we married but - he lived in the city and I lived in the town for 7 months of that one year. I was terrified that none of those people would think I was good enough to hang out with them. What finally got back to me was that everyone thought I was a snob!!!

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto

Some people just are superior to others ;-)

Eutaphodia

Jan 31, 2010
Grandville
I lived in the town for 7 months of that one year. I was terrified that none of those people would think I was good enough to hang out with them. What finally got back to me was that everyone thought I was a snob!!!

Good point VanIsle, Makes you wonder if everyone else were the snobs for not understanding your situation. When it comes to bad mouthing another person, it only takes one true snob (the bully) to get everyone else to turn against someone.

Eutaphodia

Jan 31, 2010
Grandville
You forgot the ruling form of snobery these days, academia.

I stand corrected. Narcissistic personality disorder – as disorder where people must demean others, which also happens within societies under the guise of academia, religion and governments. Snobs and narcissists will always associate themselves with a group which helps to make them feel superior. Strength in numbers.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I stand corrected. Narcissistic personality disorder – as disorder where people must demean others, which also happens within societies under the guise of academia, religion and governments. Snobs and narcissists will always associate themselves with a group which helps to make them feel superior. Strength in numbers.

It was not an correction it was an addition. I thought to make your excellent post a teeny weeny bit better. I could not have done it without you.:smile:

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Ahhh, so you don't like the people that provide education. You must be afraid of others gaining more knowledge than you.
No Anna i think the meaning trying to get accross is that those with high education think themselves better then you and anything you say is basically wrong without any proof on their part .

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
No Anna i think the meaning trying to get accross is that those with high education think themselves better then you and anything you say is basically wrong without any proof on their part .
Oh, I know. lol I am just teasing the Beav. ;) A little innocent and playful trolling, as it were. :D