Famous Abortionist given Order of Canada!

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
Maurice Vellacott, a Conservative MP from Saskatchewan who has been a long-time opponent of abortion, said the honour normally goes to someone who is the unanimous choice of the advisory council. Mr. Vellacott said he has heard this was not the case with the selection of Dr. Morgentaler.
The Governor-General and the committee advising on appointments to the Order of Canada have always been careful in the past not to choose people who were controversial or who would not be unanimously celebrated by all Canadians, Mr. McTeague said. "It's more of a social statement rather than the usual apolitical decisions," he said. "There will be people who cheer what he has done. There will be others who fundamentally disagree with what he represents."
The subject of abortion is a controversial issue so why the change in the way honours are given i like you dancing-loon fundamentally disagree with what he represents

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
I think he's an admirable person. Without people like him, Canadian women wouldn't have the rights they do when it comes to contraception and abortion. It always kind of surprises me when men care so much about women's healthcare, but I'm glad some still do.

Edited to add: I actually would object to Kim Campbell a lot more than him.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Doctor Henry's views are not my own ... but then again, it's not my body. Really, if it's used as birth control, I think it's wrong. That's only my opinion. What is wrong for me isn't necessarily wrong for everybody. The way I see it, as long as the woman can live with her decision, then it's the right one for her - and a clinical setting is a LOT better than the backstreet butcher option before Doctor Henry opened the doors.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
LifeCanada President Joanne Byfield told CTV Newsnet shortly after Morgentaler's press conference the reasons behind Morgentaler's award don't make sense. She said Morgentaler has not saved women's lives because abortions are rarely performed because of life-threatening situations.
"I'm angry that it's a dishonest award," she said.
"He got it because he does abortions. If they don't have the guts to say it, why are we giving him the award?
----------------------------------------------
I'm a mother, never had an abortion, and cannot imagine having one!!!

Mr. M. made his millions, I'm sure! To make him out to be a hero for establishing his butcher clinics all over the country, is pulling it by the hair!!
In cases of rape and where the mother's life is in danger... yes, I agree with an abortion. All to often it is used as an "oops, I got pregnant.. help me Mister Morgentaler!!!!"
And then there is the "belief"! Do I believe in a God, in souls and spirits that incarnate through conception into this earthly plane, or do I not believe in anything but my own selfish comforts and entitlements? Oh, and no responsibility whatsoever!

Cry me a river... how are you ever going to learn, develop and be strong?

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
He fights for human rights. The neo-con religious right would prefer to dictate what everyone can do at any given moment in every aspect of your life. For example, "You are not to believe in dinosaurs".

Bravo freedom of choice.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
An eye-opening education may help some females to think twice before having their unborn torn to pieces!!!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Eight-week pre-born baby[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]At eight to nine weeks the eyelids have begun forming and hair appears. By the ninth and tenth weeks the preborn child sucks her thumb, turns somersaults, jumps, can squint to close out light, frown, swallow, and move her tongue.

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]At this early stage of development, suction abortions are performed using a smaller tube, requiring little dilation of the cervix. This is called "menstrual extraction." However, if all the fetal remains are not removed, infection results, requiring full dilation of the cervix and a scraping out of the womb.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is the most common method of abortion during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. General or local anaesthesia is given to the mother and her cervix is quickly dilated. A suction curette (hollow tube with a knife-edged tip) is inserted into the womb. This instrument is then connected to a vacuum machine by a transparent tube. The vacuum suction, 29 times more powerful than a household vacuum cleaner, tears the fetus and placenta into small pieces which are sucked through the tube into a bottle and discarded.[/FONT]

Read the complete article!!
http://www.lifesitenews.com/abortiontypes/
----------------------------------------------------------
Yes, a hero, indeed! Bring me a pail... I need to puke:puke:

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
A recognizable difference in the country, that's what the award is for. So you either think people should choose what is moral, rather than the government, or you're fine with government clawing back our liberties. Yup....what an @ss that guy is:roll:

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Save the kids abort the parents. :roll:

A stupid subject, it's someone's body and regardless of how you feel it's there choice and so it should be.

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
This is a throw away society, no body wants to take the responsibility for there actions, i can understand why in certain circumstances the women involved in an abortion would want to rid herself of a child ,say of rape or such like, but just because she can bring the child to life does not give her the right to kill it, it could be fostered or given to someone who would love the child ,this is not the child's fault as to how it came into being, the child has no voice in this and is unfairly treated by all parties, what gives anyone the right to say who lives and who dies, this man murders full stop no arguement

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
He isn't nominated because he does abortions. He's nominated because he fought for rights, stood up against unconstitutional laws, and won.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
well the fact that he does do them should disqualify him.!!!! no matter what else he does he murders children for a living.
Why should it disqualify him? Murder isn't constitutional. What he does is.