iamcanadian

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
www.expose-ontario.org
Here is a scenario that could work:

1) A separate Quebec Nation.
2) A separate Western Canada Nation
3) A separate Northern Native Canada Nation
4) Ontario joins the USA as the 51st state in their union.
5) The Maritimes can become part of the State of Maine

Lets hear some pros and cons.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
RE: Pros and Cons on Splitting up Canada into separate count

why do you think ontario and the maritimes would join the US while the west and quebec become separate countries?

Summer

Electoral Member
Nov 13, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio, USA (for now...)
Re: Pros and Cons on Splitting up Canada into separate count

iamcanadian said:

No freakin' way.

Besides, I'm moving to Ontario to get AWAY from the U.S., thankyouverymuch. :eek:

iamcanadian

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
www.expose-ontario.org

Ontario is very much like some of the northern US states.

Maine and Maritimes have more in common with each other than the rest of Canada.

Quebec is there already.

The West and North are the last remnants of the way Canada once was and can be preserved by this way.

Vancouver may want to split off and join Washington State.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California

IME Ontario has some of the most anti-Americanism in the entire country. I could see Alberta joining the US before Ontario.

I also don't think Vancouver should join Washington State, I think Washington state should join BC.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca

yes tracy. BC should have the columbia as its southern border the way it was before the land negotiations. tee hee. (just think of the fun that having two vancouvers would be for confusing people)

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: Pros and Cons on Splitting up Canada into separate c

the caracal kid said:
yes tracy. BC should have the columbia as its southern border the way it was before the land negotiations. tee hee. (just think of the fun that having two vancouvers would be for confusing people)

what a hoot. :lol:

It would take at least two centuries to come to an agreement as to how it (Vancouver Issue) should be handled. The west coast is well noted for "casual" approach to things. .......being the laid back mentality we are.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California

the caracal kid said:

:lol: I heard that came up when an American woman crossing the border to go to Vancouver BC with a grenade in the car. She was apparently trying to go to Vancouver Wa and didn't know her hubby who was in the military had left the grenade in the vehicle.

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle

tracy said:
IME Ontario has some of the most anti-Americanism in the entire country. I could see Alberta joining the US before Ontario.

I also don't think Vancouver should join Washington State, I think Washington state should join BC.

Hear, hear

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net

iamcanadian said:
Ontario is very much like some of the northern US states.

Maine and Maritimes have more in common with each other than the rest of Canada.

Quebec is there already.

The West and North are the last remnants of the way Canada once was and can be preserved by this way.

Vancouver may want to split off and join Washington State.

EXCUSE me, Ontario is Canada!. We are Upper Canada and would never join the USA. I prefer to think if Canada split into pieces. Ontario being one of the most populace province and one of the richist would annex Manaitoba and make it a Province of Ontario and then defeand the United Empire of Ontario =-D

J/K

But for sure we'd never join the USA. Ontario is very progressive minded people and I doubt we'd ever wish to be dominated by those guys down south.

=-(

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca

i remember hearing recently about a proposed plan to offload the northwestern part of ontario onto Manitoba for cost effectiveness.

anyway, why not split her up into new countries?
we can have BC = Pacifica
Alberta+Sask+Man = The canadian badlands
Ontario = Ontario
Quebec = New France
NB+NS+PEI+NFL=Atlantica

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net

the caracal kid said:
i remember hearing recently about a proposed plan to offload the northwestern part of ontario onto Manitoba for cost effectiveness.

anyway, why not split her up into new countries?
we can have BC = Pacifica
Alberta+Sask+Man = The canadian badlands
Ontario = Ontario
Quebec = New France
NB+NS+PEI+NFL=Atlantica

Hmmm never heard that.

But see, if Ontario was to go alone we would need a buffer between the strange folks in the west and civilized Canada. =-D

j./k

iamcanadian

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
www.expose-ontario.org

My view is that any change is good. Making changes allows us to preserve what is best and weed out the worst.

When it comes to government systems and practices change should happen often to avoid stagnation and corruption of its systems.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca

i agree that change is necessary to avoid stagnation and irrelevence. However, change to quickly can cause destabilization which is not of much benefit either unless you are an anarchist.

I liked this thread because it was a legit place to refer to alberchewanitoba as the candian badlands. tee hee.

iamcanadian

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
www.expose-ontario.org

Canada has not gone through very much change structurally. The only changes we see are a kind of slow putrification. So I think Canada need some major changes to its structure to allow some clenzing and renewal of the more tired and corrupt systems and practices.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
RE: Pros and Cons on Spli

Dont do it, you know you dont want to!!!

do you really want to become the next colony, sorry, "liberated society under armed US control that is in no way a colony, not one of those british things that only the british do and just because it looks like we are doing the same thing, no sir we are not, no way"

here's a legit statement......be a proper country, dont be a de facto colony, Brock and Wolf would be horrified.

sorry about that, carry on

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

for the life of me........I don't know why this is even being entertained. Splitting the large country into smaller countries is leaving each one even more vulnerable.

but dang...........there are malcontents , no matter how contructive things are........as they just look to cause problems where there should not be any.

Instead of working to strengthening the nation......they are babbling about splitting it up.

Maybe they just don't know how dang good they have it here.......compared to MANY other nations on this planet.

a little appreciation for what one has would be nice too.....and work at correcting the flaws that do exist in a CONSTRUCTIVE manner.

Calberty

Electoral Member
Dec 7, 2005

I'm encouraged by the way the election is shaping up. It's a true reflection of the different visions within the country and wil encourage Quebec independence and Alberta throwing up a firewall and achieving what Quebec has today; sovereignty without the legal trappings of of a country.

Quebec wiil be 100% Bloq in Francophone ridings. Alberta will be 100% Conservative or at a minimum that less one seat. A Liberal government will govern even more dependent as an Ontario-based party.

The fractured result will lead to greater autonomy and power closer to the people. This election couldn't be going any better than it is. There's distinct regional visons of what Canadians visions want their country to be. none are 'wrong' but just reflect philosophies and expectations that are no longer possible under one banner.

Why shouldn't Ontarionians have the Gun Registry and National Daycare, etc. if that's what they truly want? Albertans want a different society. Quebecers another.

This entity called 'Canada' is now an obstacle in the way of democratic expression and shoehorns too much diversity into 'one size fits all'.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital

Summer said:
iamcanadian said:

No freakin' way.

Besides, I'm moving to Ontario to get AWAY from the U.S., thankyouverymuch. :eek:

Where in Ontario?

One big pro of sovereignty is jobs - here in Ottawa that is. This city employes many, many Quebecers. I think the national language policy would be junked too. Wooooooooooot!!