How many professed Catholics truly believe?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Jan Wong: Why it’s time to talk about the elephant in the classroom—the Catholic school system | Toronto Life

"In 1999, the UN Human Rights Committee ruled it discriminatory to fund only the Catholic system. Certainly the unfairness rankles. You may be a taxpayer with school-age children and live next door to a Catholic elementary school with small classes, a music program and decent computer facilities. You may desire for your offspring the vaunted culture of obedience and the psycho*logical discipline of school uniforms. But your children can’t access it unless you’re an honest-to-god Catholic and can prove it. It’s not quite the Spanish Inquisition, but according to the Toronto Catholic District School Board, prospective families must show a Catholic baptismal certificate for each child. Failing that, the school board requires at least one parent to produce his or her own Catholic baptismal certificate. For non-Catholic parents, the only option is conversion. This means enrolling in a program for aspiring converts at a Catholic church, and of course producing the paperwork."

Jobless, non-religious teachers turn to Catholicism in attempt for employment - The Globe and Mail
Jobless, non-religious teachers turn to Catholicism in attempt for employment - The Globe and Mail

Interesting reads to say the least. What could be motivating parents and teachers to lie about being Catholic? In Iran, we might expect a whole bunch of atheists to profess Islam. But in Canada? What might be causing atheists to pretend to be Catholic? Now I must wonder. If I'm sitting next to a parent or teacher in Church, how can I really know whether or not that person is truly Catholic and not just some pretender?

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
That you are sitting in a Church that does all the things that offends God it would seem that you are a pretend Christian so it hardly matters who is sitting beside you as they won't help/hurt your relationship with God. Thinking your kids deserve a 'better education' than other kids certainly will though. Best of luck with that.

Fake certificates probably wouldn't offend God, forking over money to an abomonational Church certainly will though.
How many spokespersons from the First Nations that point to their schools being worth every penny spent.

You're gonna have to do something about that obsession.......
Unlike your of posting on threads where you know nothing about the topic. God likes trolls, . . . for lunch.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
That you are sitting in a Church that does all the things that offends God it would seem that you are a pretend Christian so it hardly matters who is sitting beside you as they won't help/hurt your relationship with God. Thinking your kids deserve a 'better education' than other kids certainly will though. Best of luck with that.

Fake certificates probably wouldn't offend God, forking over money to an abomonational Church certainly will though.
How many spokespersons from the First Nations that point to their schools being worth every penny spent.
There you go the expert on the internet bible....:roll:

Unlike your of posting on threads where you know nothing about the topic. God likes trolls, . . . for lunch.
Go fly a kite.....
Should be easy for you....being high already......

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Just to clarify. Though I was baptized, did communion, and attended Catholic school in my first years, I no longer profess the Catholic Faith.

That said, I have enough dignity to not pretend to be a Catholic.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Just to clarify. Though I was baptized, did communion, and attended Catholic school in my first years, I no longer profess the Catholic Faith.

The priest give you too high a penance when you confessed to pulling you wire?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
How many spokespersons from the First Nations that point to their schools being worth every penny spent
Why are FN students the main demographic at the Catholic school just a few blocks from my house?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
The priest give you too high a penance when you confessed to pulling you wire?

Nope. I didn't even believe I needed to confess to a priest. Though I now believe in God, I actually did not believe in him at my first xommunion. Yes I was a hypocrite. I was in elementary school and all my classmates were doing it and I was afraid to stick out so I went with the motions.

At least as an adult I became honest and left the Church.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

and that would explain your hateful obsession with dumping the Catholic school system. Even though it has proven to do a better job of educating kids than the public.

I would still have to look up to see you as you are full of hot-air and nothing else. (other than a big old helping of stupid)

Everything is up from your masters dwelling.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Nope. I didn't even believe I needed to confess to a priest. Though I now believe in God, I actually did not believe in him at my first xommunion. Yes I was a hypocrite. I was in elementary school and all my classmates were doing it and I was afraid to stick out so I went with the motions.

At least as an adult I became honest and left the Church.
God only pays attention to attitudes once you reach the age of 20. A Nun or Priest could probably find sin in a child that is 3 years old.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
and that would explain your hateful obsession with dumping the Catholic school system. Even though it has proven to do a better job of educating kids than the public.
Make the questionnaire about non Catholic issues and your theory goes up in smoke. (I'll bet you and a Priest would enjoy the masturbation topic you mentioned)

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
God only pays attention to attitudes once you reach the age of 20. A Nun or Priest could probably find sin in a child that is 3 years old.

Still don't have a clue, I see. Still making it up as you go along.