Canada’s race problem? It’s even worse than America’s.

Cliffy
+1 / -1
Canada’s race problem? It’s even worse than America’s.

For a country so self-satisfied with its image of progressive tolerance, how is this not a national crisis?

The racial mess in the United States looks pretty grim and is painful to watch. We can be forgiven for being quietly thankful for Canada’s more inclusive society, which has avoided dramas like that in Ferguson, Mo. We are not the only ones to think this. In the recently released Social Progress Index (external - login to view), Canada is ranked second amongst all nations for its tolerance and inclusion.
Unfortunately, the truth is we have a far worse race problem than the United States. We just can’t see it very easily.

More: Canada's racism problem? It's even worse than America's. (external - login to view)

taxslave
+7
#2  Top Rated Post
Yah we have all noticed that native leaders are racist and intolerant.

captain morgan
+4
'By almost every measurable indicator, the Aboriginal population in Canada (external - login to view) is treated worse and lives with more hardship than the African-American population.'

Those that chose to remain on the reservations make an individual and personal choice... Further, the deplorable conditions on many reservations are directly the result of poor and/or corrupt FN leadership.

Time to stop blaming everyone else Cliffy and for you to seek the root cause of the problems that you identify... Maybe start with Attiwapiskat and delve into the salaries of Chief Teressa Spence.

Cliffy
+1
Did you bozos even notice the source of the article? Thanks for proving the premise of the article.

taxslave
+3
I noticed. DOesn't mean anything. To be fair they should compare treatment of natives in both countries. What Mcleans did is compare apples to oranges just to sell print.

MHz
I wonder what the black slaves that escaped to Canad thought of the Rez and the Residential School that was a big part of their torment?
Try not to lose sight of that fact. Today it would be GITMO for chilfren and we still don't have a big problem with it as long as what we care about is never threated that same way, then it becomes a big issue that needs immediate solutions.

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

I noticed. DOesn't mean anything. To be fair they should compare treatment of natives in both countries. What Mcleans did is compare apples to oranges just to sell print.

How about ritual abuse or genocide and leave out the bull**** names that make you appear innocent of the past crimes. What was the last torment 'your people' experienced?

captain morgan
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Did you bozos even notice the source of the article? Thanks for proving the premise of the article.

Great... You can write into Macleans and tell 'em to talk to Chief Spence and find out how much she and the live-in boyfriend make.

PS - Who goes on a hunger strike and manages to actually gain weight?

Cliffy
+1 / -2
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Great... You can write into Macleans and tell 'em to talk to Chief Spence and find out how much she and the live-in boyfriend make.

PS - Who goes on a hunger strike and manages to actually gain weight?

Over 1.4 million indigenous peoples in Canada and that is the best you can come up with. You prejudice is showing.

captain morgan
+1
Are all 1.4 million suffering as per the article?... All forced to live on reservation?

You have anything to base that number on other than abuses exacted generations before most of the present 1.4 million were born?

Cliffy
+1

Are all 1.4 million suffering as per the article?... All forced to live on reservation?

You have anything to base that number on other than abuses exacted generations before most of the present 1.4 million were born?

1,4 million comes from stats can. As usual, you drag out straw man arguments cuz you ain't got nothin'.

skookumchuck
+2
My family has tried to talk to and help many of the losers on reserve, they were treated like chit an it has never worked in the last 60 years.
They prefer to fill peeps like cliffy with BS and whine for more money.

bill barilko
+1

Yah we have all noticed that native leaders are racist and intolerant.

Yes one of my associates-a woman of Japanese descent/third generation Canadian was called a 'fcking chink' by a chief of the Heiltsuk tribe.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by skookumchuckView Post

My family has tried to talk to and help many of the losers on reserve, they were treated like chit an it has never worked in the last 60 years.
They prefer to fill peeps like cliffy with BS and whine for more money.

Did some down troden injun write the article for Maclean's? Did I?

bill barilko

....Who goes on a hunger strike and manages to actually gain weight?

Must have been something in the water-or the 'fish tea'.

skookumchuck
+2

Did some down troden injun write the article for Maclean's? Did I?

If you believe Macleans you are fair game, no tag needed.

captain morgan

1,4 million comes from stats can. As usual, you drag out straw man arguments cuz you ain't got nothin'.

And you still refuse to drill down to the core issues and assess any kind of blame or responsibility... Easier to blame everyone but yourself, right?

petros

Yeah. Urban.

How is the job hunting coming along Cliffy?

BaalsTears
+1
There is a palpable sense of self-loathing on the Canadian Left.

personal touch
+1
i like reading the comments,as i read these comments,I cannot help wondering if the individuals writing these comments,see them as i see them.
i find a high amount of intolerance for just about anything on these forums,once again i wonder if i am on the right site.

I also question who has access to Canadian Content forums,
with the high amount of expressed intolerance,I am wondering why noone says anything,this makes me wonder who really has access to this forum, and to extend upon my weak curosities, I question why i have access to this forum,certainly i am not the only one who wonders why there is such a dominance of intolerance with little or no objections.
everything seems so controlled and scripted.

petros
+2
Mythology needs to go bye bye.

The racism isn't on Rez it's Urban Rez and off Rez urban.

The Reznecks hate going to the city and the urbans hate Rez life.

Fix that first.

Fix it so southern Cree can work in Dene regions without bloodshed.

Get the gangbangers off Band Councils.

Hire Third Party Admin.

Show up for work.

Are those whitie's things to meddle in?

mentalfloss
+1 / -4
Wow, if we ever needed proof that Cons are racist arseholes, this thread is a goldmine.

captain morgan
+2
Asking questions has now morphed into racism, eh?

I'll await the official proclamation of what's is now considered fact from the Politburo.

B00Mer

Canada would lose, hands down.. trust me.. I don't want to agree with our resident Liberal Douche, but in this case I have to.

Been all across the USA and Canada, and the Natives are treated pretty dam good in the southern USA. In Montana, Wyoming and Canada.. they are treated like; "hide them from the public and forget about the drunks." Housing provided is 3rd world at best.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Show up for work.

Enough with the swearing already. Last occupation, 'scalping white-eyes', even ISIS is going to trash that resume.
Platinum card and diplomatic plates might be acceptable in place of 'work'.

petros

Asking questions has now morphed into racism, eh?

I'll await the official proclamation of what's is now considered fact from the Politburo.

The Politburo is out for cabbage rolls and coffee. Try back later.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

and the Natives are treated pretty dam good in the southern USA.

Should we bring up the people you call 'blacks', that seems a tad racist already. How do they fair 'down south'?

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

Enough with the swearing already. Last occupation, 'scalping white-eyes', even ISIS is going to trash that resume.
Platinum card and diplomatic plates might be acceptable in place of 'work'.

Can we call Injun gangbangers ISIL and go open season?

I'd be all over that like white on gangbanger shooting rice.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

The Politburo is out for cabbage rolls and coffee. Try back later.

meh, fukk Petros doesn't like Jews, Indians, Russians...

He's Ukrainian and proud to be White Trash.

petros
And WASPs.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

Should we bring up the people you call 'blacks', that seems a tad racist already. How do they fair 'down south'?

You're reaching..

Actually African Americans are treated well too... the new hated group for the USA is the Illegals, or as they Call them Mexicans... despite the fact most are from El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua and other central or south American countries.

But I will tell you what, a Mexican or south American can work circle around their white counterpart. Their work ethics are better then American and Canadian.. I think that's because they are not soft, having Welfare for UI to fallback on when out of work.