A new look for CC

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Most of you have probably already heard that I had a group of beta testers testing out some new stuff and a lot of you were wondering what rated posts were. Well I've decided today to make this version live and switch everybody over.

I'm pretty tired now from preparing the switch over and making last minute changes, bugfixes, etc, so I'm not going to post a huge thread right now detailing what has changed. Actually, not that much has changed; and I still am working on improving stuff, including the look at feel.

There were very few complaints and a lot of praises for what I've been working on from the beta testing crew, so I hope you'll take a look around and continue doing what you always do here on CC forums. Please let me know what you think.

One thing to note is that I've discontinued some of the themes. There was one which was a lot more popular than I thought (the cat one), so I ended up not ditching it and porting it over to the new layout... and for the past few hours, I've created a "Classic CC" theme which takes a lot from the look of the forums from well over 6 years ago.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
My only criticism in other a welcome change-

If the cat theme has been retained, will you be introducing a burlap-bag theme for balance!?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Whenever I change the layout of the forums, the threads usually go on page after page of complaints. Since there are none, I'm going to assume everybody is happy.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Whenever I change the layout of the forums, the threads usually go on page after page of complaints. Since there are none, I'm going to assume everybody is happy.

I guess you missed YukonJack's comment.;)

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I just jumped back in after about a month or two... or three, but I like the changes. Very smooth and attractive.
I'll let you know if I find a bug. ; )

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Forgot. Sorry! I need the 'edit' facility - I really, really do! Pliz!

It's a little paper and pencil in the right hand corner of your post. At least, it is on my web browser.

A change should be for the sake of improvement, not just for the sake of change, in my opinion.

Virtually all change Andem institutes is. He doesn't generally waste his personal time rewriting a forum just for hoots and giggles.

Bcool

Dilettante
Aug 5, 2010
Vancouver Island B.C.
The Quotes print is far too small/ MAKE IT BIGGER!!!!!

And the regular comment print has gotten smaller too. MAKE IT BIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like it was.

That's what Ctrl plus the - keys & Ctrl plus the + keys are for! Hold down Ctrl + at the same time and the READING/VISUAL SIZE - NOT ACTUAL PRINTING SIZE - will get bigger. You can do that on most web pages.

Lookit how big you are now in the quote box! Tsk!! 8O

It's a little paper and pencil in the right hand corner of your post. At least, it is on my web browser.

Thanks Karrie, I had tried skidding my cursor around in the usual area for it hoping it would pop up but it didn't. Will try again on this post.

I finally found it, as you can see. I see no boxes at all, just the Font sign. Everything else has disappeared - they're there, just that I have to slide my cursor around until I hit the right spot by luck. You get a 'little paper & pencil sign'? Am I supposed to be getting signs and boxes so I know where things are?

Oh dear! Another related one to the disappearing boxes - I just gave Avro a -1 rating on a post I thought was really good! :( (Sorry Avro!) I won't try & use the rating thingy again 'cos I can't see what it's going to do. Sorry Andem! Just FYI, I'm in WYSIWYG mode.

Last edited:

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
If icons are missing, I suspect you're using Internet Explorer 6. This browser does not support many modern standards and I highly urge you to upgrade. I'll see what I can do to make ie6 work.