Share some 'how to' tips on new look CC

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
If you see the word 'New' in the top right hand corner that means you have a new friends request. If you click on the word you can see incomg requests and any requests pending that you've sent out.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I noticed the Food forum is displaying threads in reverse date order.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
A member, Brat, seems to be having a problem with the new format.
When she comes to the forums, using Internet Explorer, she getts an error message "Internet Explorer has encountered some difficulties" and the browser shuts down. I've suggested that she clear her cache and try a reboot with no success.
Thoughts?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
When she comes to the forums, using Internet Explorer, she getts an error message "Internet Explorer has encountered some difficulties" and the browser shuts down. I've suggested that she clear her cache and try a reboot with no success.
Thoughts?

I get that too usually after about 1 minute. This is my 3rd try. Posting and accepting friends have been the culprits so far.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Thoughts?

Try disabling any add'ons she might have running, could be a firewall or script blocker causing the problem as well.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Try disabling any add'ons she might have running, could be a firewall or script blocker causing the problem as well.

Shouldn't have to disable your firewall to view this site. For me, being at work, it is not possible. It is also something I will not do at home for any site. Better hurry. My minute is about up.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Shouldn't have to disable your firewall to view this site. For me, being at work, it is not possible. It is also something I will not do at home for any site. Better hurry. My minute is about up.

The firewall engine shouldn't be causing the problem, it's the little utilities that come with it. Norton Internet Security comes to mind.

Coddfish

Electoral Member
May 29, 2007
Ontario
Thoughts?

I had that problem for a while...then I just switched to Firefox...haven't had any problems using the board on Firefox...

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Thoughts?

You might want to tell Brat to get firefox for a start. The forum uses AJAX technology and older versions of IE sometimes choke on it. Turning off javascript might also be an option?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
firefox works better even if IE isn't the specific issue anyway. I've loved it since I switched.

Coddfish

Electoral Member
May 29, 2007
Ontario
firefox works better even if IE isn't the specific issue anyway. I've loved it since I switched.

Me too. It's so much safer to go on, and it has the most useful feature on here for me and it's the tabbing feature. Now I don't have to use so many windows when I surf...

(BTW, excuse me for making this thread a little bit off topic. I just had to mention this. We can now go back to the previously rescheduled topic...)

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I checked from two other computers today and got the error message on both.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
IE7 seems to have resolved my problems at home.
I will be unable to do that at work however. IE6 is the company desktop standard. I guess I may actually have to do some work. :)