Turks & Caicos & Canada be good for each other

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Imagine having a place for Canadians to enjoy a tropical climate where you could
drink the water.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This subject comes around every few years and each time we ignore the suggestion
I think its time we expanded our horizons a bit to at least fully explore what Canadians
want. The economics might be difficult but we don't know that without exploring the
pros and cons first On the surface of it I like it I think we would have our own playground
as it were and the people of the region could become part of the Canadian mosaic

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
This subject comes around every few years and each time we ignore the suggestion

Yes, it does, and each time I have to remind people that the Turks & Caicos are a British Overseas Territory. Keep your mitts off.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It'll make an awesome dive park when massive global change climate warming floods wipe it off the map. Let's claim Hawaii. It's getting higher everyday and the coffee is really good.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Our focus should be the annexation of Cuba. Cuba would be a good Province.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
As a westerner you will not be able to get direct flights, you will always have a pit stop in Toronto.

I like it the way it is right now, we can go to Hawaii and it doesn't cost us any tax dollars!!
Plus it's a lot nicer than these islands!!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
As a westerner you will not be able to get direct flights, you will always have a pit stop in Toronto.

I like it the way it is right now, we can go to Hawaii and it doesn't cost us any tax dollars!!
Plus it's a lot nicer than these islands!!

Too many yanks in Hawaii. Also there is the money conversion and the need for a passport and a pardon and all sorts of things going to another province avoids.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Too many yanks in Hawaii. Also there is the money conversion and the need for a passport and a pardon and all sorts of things going to another province avoids.
Most of the tourists are Japanese. Yanks are good, good family types go there for vacations.

You always need a passport these days so it's no big deal.

And as far as the money issue goes, perhaps this is just another reason Canada should accept the US$ as it's currency !!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
They came to us.

Bull****. It was Canadian Prime Minister Robert Borden who first suggested it.

It's imperialism. Remember, Canada is the "oh-so-anti-imperialist-and-anti-empire" country which seems to want to annex the whole of the Carribean and some US states.

You once even had a political party that wanted to annex the whole of the US. Canada is becoming very imperialistic.

They don't like you.

Have you got any evidence to back up that wild assertion?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I know that the T&Cs will make a great addition to Canada.

Canada will make a great English county. I'll have to ask Nigel to stick it into his party's new manifesto. It will improve your nation immensely. Your county cricket team will have to start in Division Two though.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall invites tropical British territory to become part of province

With Turks and Caicos*Premier Rufus Ewing kicking off a two-city Canadian visit, it was inevitable that his presence would reignite the perennial proposition to invite the tropical British territory to join the federation.

But no one could have predicted that Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall would so seriously up the ante with a counter-offer of his own that would seemingly sidestep Ottawa entirely.

"If you don't want another prov/territory," he tweeted at Prime Minister Stephen Harper, "Turks/Caicos can join Canada as a part of Sask."

Wall's Prince Edward Island counterpart, Robert Ghiz, was quick to lend his support for the plan on behalf of Canada's smallest province.

"Hey, Brad," he replied via Twitter, "PEI would be happy to partner with Saskatchewan on the Turks and Caicos project!"

"Now we're talking," Wall replied.

Asked on Twitter what the new province would be called, Wall suggested "Saskaturks and Caicos" or "Saskatchewarm.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Canada will make a great English county. I'll have to ask Nigel to stick it into his party's new manifesto. It will improve your nation immensely. Your county cricket team will have to start in Division Two though.

Thanks for the offer Blackie, but Canada isn't looking to support a derelict nation... You have taken some good steps recently in appointing a Canadian as head of your Central Bank, that is definitely a smart move

Maybe get your economy on some kind of decent footing and we can talk about offering you a place in Canada

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall invites tropical British territory to become part of province.

To support Canadians' delusional warm-weather fantasies which are a requirement to get through their long, freezing winter.

Canadians just want a hot part of their country - and a tax haven.