Ann Coulter upsetting people....again

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
CBC News - Ottawa - Coulter tells Muslim student to 'take a camel'

American right-wing antagonist Ann Coulter was in fine form as she spoke to about 800 people at the University of Western Ontario in London Monday night.
Coulter drew applause when she attacked the health-care overhaul bill U.S. President Barack Obama will sign into law Tuesday.
But the regular Fox News commentator drew outrage from some, including a 17-year-old Muslim student who asked her a question about her views on Muslims.
Coulter has said all terrorists are Muslims and has suggested all Muslims be banned from airlines and use flying carpets.
When the student said she didn't have flying carpet, Coulter told her to "take a camel."

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I knew she would show up eventually. Personally, I wouldn't have her in the country but now that she is here we can get a laugh at least..

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Yeah, the thing is, any controversy just makes her happy, like any entertainer, she just wants to be in the public eye.

I don't see any reason not to let her into the country.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
First of all, she wouldn't have been able to get into the country if someone didn't leave her cage open.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Oh, just to clairify, I think she is a moron of the highest degree that has *****d every last shred of credibility she may have had to the 'news cycle'. Reap what you sow Annie. :p

The edited text above is a word that means street walker. Damn 1984.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Ha you guys take her too seriously....

She is a blond female Michael Moore who gets away with saying outrageous things to garner attention and "her livelihood".

She is a very bright person regardless of your disagreements with her ideology and has a quirky way of delivering her messages because she flourishes whether people like her or not.

I hardly understand what she means most of the time because I usually end up laughing at the verbal caricatures she speaks (draws) of people she doesn't like...

I think it takes courage for a woman her age to take on the obvious minority role she is playing.... most women in public news and broadcasting would never go near what she takes on with gusto.....

Even if she consistently shoots herself in the foot....

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
I'd say thats hate speech under the law. Arrest her, no one forced her to come to this country, we warned her on our laws, and she broke them.

I may not agree that its illegal to wear a US Military Medal you were not awared and claim its your own in the USA. So If I went to the USA (and they warned me about that) and then I went ahead and threw on a purple heart and claim I won it in Iraq they will and should arrest me.

We should do the same.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Yeah, the thing is, any controversy just makes her happy, like any entertainer, she just wants to be in the public eye.

I don't see any reason not to let her into the country.

Exactly.

Coulter has made a great career out of being outrageous.....

As well, she was undoubtedly thumbing her nose at brain-dead politically correct Canadian bureaucrats that contacted her before she arrived in Canada to warn her that freedom of speech does not exist in this country....i.e. that if she said anything offensive, she could be charged.

For that reason (only).....I kinda like the line.........

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
So you really can't say that stuff in Canada?

Here you won't get arrested but you'll definitely lose your job if you say it at work.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
This is why I don't believe in the concept of free speech.
it leaves the door open for idiots like this.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
As Foghorn Leghorn's canine pal would say, "She's just a schnook ... loud-mouthed schnook, that is."

The kids at UWO probably think she's a comedienne. And rightly so, just not as good at funny stuff as Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert. lol

Reactions: El Barto

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I just saw her one CTV News...she mused that she might lodge a complaint with the Human Rights Commission for being discriminated against, as she commented that left wingers don't get 'reminded' of our hate speech laws...it was kinda funny when she said it.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
At the end of her day..... do you think all that vitriol spinning in Ms. Coulter's mind is really fun for her - a good life would you say?

I doubt it - nobody can spend every day viewing negatives and putdowns as their bread and butter - there has to be some humor involved or at least humor with a sprinkle of sarcasm.

She must be a lonely woman in her real life. I think she puts off many people maybe because she is so insecure with herself she lashes out at others before they can insult her.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
CBC News - Ottawa - Coulter tells Muslim student to 'take a camel'

American right-wing antagonist Ann Coulter was in fine form as she spoke to about 800 people at the University of Western Ontario in London Monday night.
Coulter drew applause when she attacked the health-care overhaul bill U.S. President Barack Obama will sign into law Tuesday.
But the regular Fox News commentator drew outrage from some, including a 17-year-old Muslim student who asked her a question about her views on Muslims.
Coulter has said all terrorists are Muslims and has suggested all Muslims be banned from airlines and use flying carpets.
When the student said she didn't have flying carpet, Coulter told her to "take a camel."

Sounds like a charming lady, full of tact and wisdom and knowing how to say just the right thing to make everyone feel like a welcome friend.:lol: