Deep Space

Socrates the Greek
#391
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenFish66View Post

Spaceflight Now | Delta Launch Report | Universe mapper with infrared eyes launched - This is cool ...AstroBiology is a great field of study ..


Great day to u greenfish, Wise is a promising space observer, interesting to see UCLA explains that,
"The last time we mapped the whole sky at these particular infrared wavelengths was 26 years ago," said Ned Wright, WISE principal investigator from UCLA. "Infrared technology has come a long way since then. The old all-sky infrared pictures were like impressionist paintings -- now, we'll have images that look like actual photographs."
 
Socrates the Greek
#392
Scientists expect to release part of the survey, representing about 75 percent of the sky, about six months after the mission ends. The complete sky catalog should be available in March 2012.
 
Socrates the Greek
#393
WISE mission elapse time:

NASA - Wide-Field Infrared Survey Explorer



NASA - Image Gallery
 
Socrates the Greek
#394
The film Avatar focuses on an epic conflict on Pandora, an inhabited Earth-sized moon of Polyphemus, one of three fictional gas giants orbiting Alpha Centauri A. On Pandora, human colonists and the sentient humanoid indigenous inhabitants of Pandora, the Na’vi, engage in a war over the planet’s resources and the latter’s continued existence. The film’s title refers to the Sanskrit word Avatar, a representation of a real person in a virtual world

Avatar is a great film portraying human greed, as well racial hidden connotations, calling these indigenous people “savages”.
This film quickly identifies the immoral human fibber, expecting to move into someone’s territory, fool them at first and if they do not buy it, exterminate them so we can take the minerals of the ground they live on.
Great story dealing with futuristic planetary colonisation with the intend to exploit.
Jake Sully (Sam Worthington) the ex marine on the wheelchair also was interesting to see how the far future may be for humanity where disabled people will be able to walk the same way as the Avatar did in a virtual environment .
 
Socrates the Greek
#395

YouTube - How To Time Travel

 
Socrates the Greek
#396

YouTube - Before Time and Space

 
ironsides
#397
Oh great, now they will change its course and it will hit us.

MOSCOW – Russia is considering sending a spacecraft to a large asteroid to knock it off its path and prevent a possible collision with Earth, the head of the country's space agency said Wednesday.
Anatoly Perminov said the space agency will hold a meeting soon to assess a mission to Apophis, telling Golos Rossii radio that it would invite NASA, the European Space Agency, the Chinese space agency and others to join the project once it is finalized.

Russia may send spacecraft to knock away asteroid - Yahoo! News

 
Socrates the Greek
#398
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsidesView Post

Oh great, now they will change its course and it will hit us.

MOSCOW – Russia is considering sending a spacecraft to a large asteroid to knock it off its path and prevent a possible collision with Earth, the head of the country's space agency said Wednesday.
Anatoly Perminov said the space agency will hold a meeting soon to assess a mission to Apophis, telling Golos Rossii radio that it would invite NASA, the European Space Agency, the Chinese space agency and others to join the project once it is finalized.

Russia may send spacecraft to knock away asteroid - Yahoo! News

Earth definitely does not need a hit like that. A hit from an asteroid on Earth could spell the end of life, as we know it here on earth.
 
Socrates the Greek
#399
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsidesView Post

Oh great, now they will change its course and it will hit us.

MOSCOW – Russia is considering sending a spacecraft to a large asteroid to knock it off its path and prevent a possible collision with Earth, the head of the country's space agency said Wednesday.
Anatoly Perminov said the space agency will hold a meeting soon to assess a mission to Apophis, telling Golos Rossii radio that it would invite NASA, the European Space Agency, the Chinese space agency and others to join the project once it is finalized.

Russia may send spacecraft to knock away asteroid - Yahoo! News

Good day ironsides, Earth definitely does not need a hit like that. A hit from an asteroid on Earth could spell the end of life, as we know it here on earth.
 
Socrates the Greek
#400


Jupiter's four of sixty three moons the Galilean moons.
Interesting color on each one of them.
 
Socrates the Greek
#401

YouTube - Jupiter sounds so strange NASA-Voyager recording

 
Socrates the Greek
#402

Kepler telescope

"Kepler will push back the boundaries of the unknown in our patch of the Milky Way galaxy. And its discoveries may fundamentally alter humanity's view of itself," Jon Morse, director of NASA's astrophysics division, told reporters.
About 300 planets orbiting stars other than our sun have been discovered since 1995, but most are large gas planets that are not likely to be hospitable to life.
This mission is intended to find rocky planets orbiting in the "habitable zone" around a star where they are not so close as to be scorched and not so far away as to be frozen.

NASA spacecraft to seek out Earth-like planets | Reuters
 
Socrates the Greek
#403
Kepler Data Publicly Available Now!

December 2009
!
http://keplergo.arc.nasa.gov/images/...gFlyCycle2.pdf

Kepler: Home Page
 
Socrates the Greek
#404
Have Humans Entered a New Stage of Evolution? (Weekend Feature - A Galaxy Insight)



Nothing stays the same,

evolution a very long road.
Last edited by Socrates the Greek; Jan 19th, 2010 at 03:50 AM..
 
Socrates the Greek
#405


http://hawking.org.uk/index.php?opti...=article&id=65
 
Socrates the Greek
#406
Wow, the Univerce is a spectacular tapestry, so vast and divers in design, that the power of the supreme creator must surpass all human understanding.

 
Socrates the Greek
#407
All aboard for a cool space ride,


APOD: 2010 January 20 - The Known Universe

 
petros
#408
Is space really deep or is it really round and reflects inward from the otherside?

Kinda like a corn flake box with a guy holding a cornflake box that has the guy holding the same corn flake box etc etc etc?
 
Socrates the Greek
#409

YouTube - George Smoot The design of the universe

 
Socrates the Greek
#410



YouTube - Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Last edited by Socrates the Greek; Jan 25th, 2010 at 01:43 AM..
 
Socrates the Greek
#411

The Magellanic Stream
APOD: 2010 January 25 - The Magellanic Stream
 
GreenFish66
#412
Quote: Originally Posted by Socrates the GreekView Post

YouTube - Jupiter sounds so strange NASA-Voyager recording


Jupiter - sounds like a lonely gentle giant ..I expected something heavier....That is some eery,dark,haunting music...Put that under the "Goth " genre.....Reminds me of whale speech...Calmly Electrifying ... Very interesting to listen to as a musician who loves both heavy metal and goth .....Have to write a tune with Jupiter sometime..Perhaps with all the planets.Know any drummers ?..Lots of ideas for a video..Whatta trip...lol..Is all Soo cool Socrates..Like always..

Odds R Evolution on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads - "What's in the Jar?" - Has some Universal inspiration/influence.. ( Thankless self promotion.)
Last edited by GreenFish66; Jan 26th, 2010 at 02:00 PM..
 
GreenFish66
#413
Quote: Originally Posted by Socrates the GreekView Post

Have Humans Entered a New Stage of Evolution? (Weekend Feature - A Galaxy Insight)



Nothing stays the same,

evolution a very long road.



Long road indeed...Be easier to travel on if we work to pave it..(or grow wings and learn to hold our breaths for a really long time..)



Hawking is a wise man...We have evolved/are evolving into creators...For good or bad/Better or for worse..It will be done..We will copy/try to immitate our creator..Only then we will know for sure ,if we can...If we should have..If we are any good at it..Can we sustain it?

What are our options?..

We were created/evolved to grow/understand/explore/create/.
Whether it was Intentional or not...Doesn't matter to me..
I have faith in the future..and forever after..


Everything is energy and information...The rest is recyclable waste..


In 1 peace or in pieces..

Over and out there from here...


Peace..


g66
Last edited by GreenFish66; Jan 26th, 2010 at 02:02 PM..
 
Socrates the Greek
#414
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenFish66View Post

Jupiter - sounds like a lonely gentle giant ..I expected something heavier....That is some eery,dark,haunting music...Put that under the "Goth " genre.....Reminds me of whale speech...Calmly Electrifying ... Very interesting to listen to as a musician who loves both heavy metal and goth .....Have to write a tune with Jupiter sometime..Perhaps with all the planets.Know any drummers ?..Lots of ideas for a video..Whatta trip...lol..Is all Soo cool Socrates..Like always..

GREAT day to you green feesh, when I was 21 I started playing drums, and found my self beeing a drummer playing Greek night Clubs in Vancouver in 1971 for five years, here is a photo of me when I was 21.

019 (1024x771).jpg

music and deep space is good for the soul. I love it............
Last edited by Socrates the Greek; Jan 26th, 2010 at 01:50 PM..
 
GreenFish66
#415
Quote: Originally Posted by Socrates the GreekView Post

GREAT day to you green feesh, when I was 21 I started playing drums, and found my self beeing a drummer playing Greek night Clubs in Vancouver in 1971 for five years, here is a photo of me when I was 21.

Attachment 1264

music and deep space is good for the soul. I love it............

(attachment didn't work)

Right on ! A drummer ..

Hard to find a good drummer.(especially for heavy stuff).Harder to find 1 who knows how to keep a good rythm /flow ..while managing all those patterned beats...

I did the live thing for 10 yrs b4 realizing it is far easier to "virtually" manage a band and tour the music online...Although there is still nothing more exhilarating and rewarding than playing an adrenaline packed live show ..

Agreed...Music is good for the soul..

Right on Man!
 
Socrates the Greek
#416
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenFish66View Post

(attachment didn't work)

Right on ! A drummer ..

Hard to find a good drummer.(especially for heavy stuff).Harder to find 1 who knows how to keep a good rythm /flow ..while managing all those patterned beats...

I did the live thing for 10 yrs b4 realizing it is far easier to "virtually" manage a band and tour the music online...Although there is still nothing more exhilarating and rewarding than playing an adrenaline packed live show ..

Agreed...Music is good for the soul..

Right on Man!

Hey Green -Fish here enjoy this drum sollo little boy is good.....

YouTube - System of a Down-Toxicity Drum Cover 5 Year Old Drummer Jonah Rocks

 
GreenFish66
#417
Wow ..! incredible eh..Jonah Rocks !.And one of my favorite songs from 1 of my favorite bands..Wonder if he'd join my band..lol...Actually better than my ol' bands Drummer.More energy too..(Ol'Drummer would probably say the same about my singing)...oh well ..It is what it is....Fun..
Last edited by GreenFish66; Jan 26th, 2010 at 03:52 PM..
 
GreenFish66
#418
Will NASA ever return to the moon? - CNN.com

I think Nasa should be headin to Mars or other planetss (with humans or robots)..Entrepeneurs/Private tourist firms should be headin to the moon(minus The greedy resource suckers) ...

Virgin airlines is gettin there...

Tourist Trips to the space station is a cool idea...

Whatever the plan is as long as we're always reaching up ..moving forever forward.onward and upward...Into the future..

Over and out there ,DEEP SPACE, from here ..DEEP SPACE...

What you think Socrates the greek? .. I expected to come here and see a whole bunch of new cool space stuff...I always learn something new about space here..

I'll check back later...I'll add something if I find anything out of this world...
 
Socrates the Greek
#419
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenFish66View Post

Will NASA ever return to the moon? - CNN.com

I think Nasa should be headin to Mars or other planetss (with humans or robots)..Entrepeneurs/Private tourist firms should be headin to the moon(minus The greedy resource suckers) ...

Virgin airlines is gettin there...

Tourist Trips to the space station is a cool idea...

Whatever the plan is as long as we're always reaching up ..moving forever forward.onward and upward...Into the future..

Over and out there ,DEEP SPACE, from here ..DEEP SPACE...

What you think Socrates the greek? .. I expected to come here and see a whole bunch of new cool space stuff...I always learn something new about space here..

I'll check back later...I'll add something if I find anything out of this world...


Good day to you Green Fish, ye NASSA is having money problems, and to have to catch a ride from the Russians is a dicey proposition. I personally have little trust on the Soviet technology, helping men travel from earth to the space station.

Looking at the technology history the Russians are far behind then the Americans. They use old methods for re-entry and that proves their technology grade.
 
Socrates the Greek
#420

YouTube - Secrets of the Parthenon

 

Similar Threads

0
Space shuttle docks with space station
by CBC News | Dec 11th, 2006
6
Deep integration' means deep trouble
by mrmom2 | Sep 15th, 2005
no new posts