Coca-Cola Infuriates the Right

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Coca Cola Super Bowl 2014 Commercial "America The Beautiful" [HD] - YouTube

Why Coca Cola's Multicultural 'America the Beautiful' Ad Was Offensive
"As far as the executives at Coca Cola are concerned, however, the United States of America is no longer a nation ruled by the Constitution and American traditions in which English is the language of government. It is not a nation governed in the Anglo-American tradition of liberty. It is instead a nation governed by some all inclusive multi-cultural synthesis of the various forms of government in the world, as expressed by the multiple languages used in the Super Bowl ad to sing a uniquely American hymn that celebrates our heritage."

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California

"As far as the executives at Coca Cola are concerned, however, the United States of America is no longer a nation ruled by the Constitution and American traditions in which English is the language of government. It is not a nation governed in the Anglo-American tradition of liberty. It is instead a nation governed by some all inclusive multi-cultural synthesis of the various forms of government in the world, as expressed by the multiple languages used in the Super Bowl ad to sing a uniquely American hymn that celebrates our heritage."

Are you offended by the reaction from the American right?

Does this mean Santa is now officially not white?

The historical figure was a Greek from Asia Minor. I think Greeks are white.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Did the tweeters identify themselves as on the so-called right?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
"As far as the executives at Coca Cola are concerned, however, the United States of America is no longer a nation ruled by the Constitution and American traditions in which English is the language of government.
Singing "America the Beautiful" is a government function now?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Maybe Pepsi could do a product differentiation thing, come out with a series of commercials saying "Pepsi. For white, Christian, English-speaking Americans only." Then we could let the market decide, the trasured conservative test.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Maybe Pepsi could do a product differentiation thing, come out with a series of commercials saying "Pepsi. For white, Christian, English-speaking Americans only." Then we could let the market decide, the trasured conservative test.

Awesome, I'm sure Dr Pepper would make out like a bandit.

I think more people need to look into having their outrage reduced surgically.

(AKA removing the stick)

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Where does it say Christians didn't like the commercial?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

I don't think it had anything with the 'right', and more to do with prejudice.

In France right now, there's an ex-communist who's joined a more reactionary protest movement recently saying he is left when it comes to workers, but right when it comes to 'French values'.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I'm still infuriated. Don't think I can even leave the house today I'm so damn mad.