Now that it's 2012, I have a word or two about doomsdays

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Here's a couple links to dispel some of the wacky things about the end of the world in 2012:

2012: Six End-of-the-World Myths Debunked

NASA - 2012: Beginning of the End or Why the World Won't End?

I heard of another one, too. That artificial intelligence will conduct the destruction of humanity a la the Terminator movies. I have to ask why would they?
Ah, but one day you may be rescued from your pod and no longer live in the Matrix, so the world you think you know will no longer be available to you, so will, for all intents and purposes, no longer exist, have ended.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Here's a couple links to dispel some of the wacky things about the end of the world in 2012:

I heard of another one, too. That artificial intelligence will conduct the destruction of humanity a la the Terminator movies. I have to ask why would they?

Wacky-schmacky, end of the world myths make for some wickedly fun over the top Hollywood blockbusters.

Except for Terminator:Salvation, that one kind of sucked.

Ah, but one day you may be rescued from your pod and no longer live in the Matrix, so the world you think you know will no longer be available to you, so will, for all intents and purposes, no longer exist, have ended.

Trippy! So Cliffy, when exactly do the winter solstice celebration party favours wear off? Or do they? ;)

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Welcome back Les!

December 22 2012 I move that anyone making a prophecy of doom - whether it be of moronic intent or for profit - be hung by the feet over a pond of piranhas so they can predict when the bond will break

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Welcome back Les!

December 22 2012 I move that anyone making a prophecy of doom - whether it be of moronic intent or for profit - be hung by the feet over a pond of piranhas so they can predict when the bond will break

Does that include anyone who wishes to make prophecies of doom in a mocking but fun-loving manner?

No reason for asking, just curious. :)

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Does that include anyone who wishes to make prophecies of doom in a mocking but fun-loving manner?

No reason for asking, just curious. :)
Nah ... just the ones who use doom to enhance book sales and advertising space. History Chanel doesn't even have the decency to play and repeat Nostrildames and Metzler AFTER bedtime. My grand daughter is scared shyteless that the world really is going to end this year....

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
One thing the entire globe has in common is the Calendar and New Years Day. Hopefully more will eventually cause us to see things in a common light.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Nah ... just the ones who use doom to enhance book sales and advertising space. History Chanel doesn't even have the decency to play and repeat Nostrildames and Metzler AFTER bedtime. My grand daughter is scared shyteless that the world really is going to end this year....

Big sigh! I don't think I can bite my tongue for that long.;)

Shame about your grand daughter though. The real idiots and profiteers that drone on and on about this stuff don't seem to have any consideration for those most impressionable, children. And it's not like you can shield them from it either, this crap is everywhere.

I'll do my best to double time the mocking on her behalf. :)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Glad to see you back, Les. Happy New Year.

Doomsday. Part of the plans to create an 8 day week.

Don't you think things get f*cked up enough in 7? :lol:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Wacky-schmacky, end of the world myths make for some wickedly fun over the top Hollywood blockbusters.

Except for Terminator:Salvation, that one kind of sucked.

Trippy! So Cliffy, when exactly do the winter solstice celebration party favours wear off? Or do they? ;)

usually around dec 19 or 20.(following year)

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006

First, it's good to see you back here. A long hiatus, hope all is well :D

As for the doomsday stuff, I guess we don't really need artificial intelligence to destroy us, there's plenty of genuine stupidity to go around for destruction purposes.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Doomsday. Part of the plans to create an 8 day week.

That would mean Saturday folllowed by Long Saturday - 3 day weekends. 45 1/2 weeks approx- 3 days off on weekends = 135 days for weekends - vice 104 now -Approx - then add in the Stats.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
That would mean Saturday folllowed by Long Saturday - 3 day weekends. 45 1/2 weeks approx- 3 days off on weekends = 135 days for weekends - vice 104 now -Approx - then add in the Stats.

Aren't we deep enough in debt already? :lol:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Ah, but Cliffy, I live in a matrix of my own making. In a sense, I am a god and it doesn't matter if I exist or not. :D

Welcome back Les!
Thank you muchly. CC nagged me into it. lol

Nah. We have built for ourselves a world of profit and loss, so we must either continue or change. Hopefully as we continue to evolve, we'll come up with something a little better.

Uh, what is sad that these idiots that keep coming up with predictions actually do scare the bejezez out of kids and others who have not had the chance to shed their ignorance enough yet, to laugh about it all. That was mentioned in the NatGeo link I supplied.