Your experience with providers

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Hello everyone!

I'm going to be doing some reviews on mobile telephone providers because it's pretty hard to find unbiased views on all of them together. If you'd like to contribute, please do so and reply to this post.

I'll be reviewing these factors:

- Actual Phones
- Clarity
- Coverage
- Customer Service (the big one)
- Pricing
- Overall Value
- The network they run (GSM, TDMA, CDMA, Analog)
- Features (Ringtones, Icons and some other junk people love)

And each of the large services including Rogers Wireless, Bell Mobility (currently working on this guy on my tux-laptop), Fido (have lots of info on these guys atm), Telus Mobility and possibly Mobility Canada (all of the services operated by your local phone company collectively).

Edit: I'll be collecting the information, but another editors wants to the do the mobile provider reviews. So everything taken from the forums will be included in the reviews (assuming we get enough response from the forum)

Jaguar4u

May 14, 2004
Toronto
www.theguvernment.com
My family has Telus, Rogers, Bell, and Fido.

I like Fido, but must give Telus my number five star rating :D . Here is why:

My roommate and I are infatuated with mobile phones and technology so we share and test all networks in many ways to determine the best overall. These tests included finding out if there were any bugs or hidden charges such as for voice mail retrieval while out of your local calling area.

#1 All Bell companies and divisions rip you off whenever they can and have the worst customer care I have ever dealt with, especially if you are trying to get a credit or cancel your service.

#2 Rogers is OK but clarity is very poor and drops calls. They will give you credits where they are due, as long as you explain the problem clearly and persistently.

#3 Fido has per second billing and really good plans but poor coverage outside metropolitan areas.

:lol: Now for the winner, Telus, where the future is friendly, still my number one mobile phone provider:

- Telus has the most amazing handsets to chose from. My favorite is the LG 4600 loaded with features I love and need such as options for daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly reminders in the calendar events that you can assign different reminder ringers to any scheduled event, or any of the 4 separate alarms, three of which can be set for Daily, Mon-Fri, Weekends or once.

- Telus has amazing clarity and great coverage. No other Canadian wireless company has greater digital wireless coverage, which extends from Vancouver Island to St. John’s, Newfoundland, offering all-digital service to more than 90% of the Canadian population.

- Telus has the best "Future is Friendly" attitude of all. I have always got what I wanted and I am still on per second billing. If you call client care and get someone new who can't help you, just say "thank-you for your time" and try again latter. Some of the more experienced reps know little tricks to give you more than they really should. Telus wants your business and will go the extra mile for you.

- Telus will match most popular plans of other providers and have the biggest selection of plans I have ever seen. Choice is good.

- mytelusmobility.com has so many options for you to work on you own account and check out ringers and pictures that allows you to send to your phone after previewing. Telus has more Wireless Web and download partners, providing thousands of sites, ring tones and images that let you do more with your phone. There is some small fees for downloading to your phone of course, as would be expected.

- Telus uses primarily CDMA for the PCS that operates on a national 1X network, the latest generation in wireless technology.

- In both 2002 and 2003 rankings by the National Post, TELUS Mobility was rated the #1 wireless company in Canada.

- Last but not least, Telus might be buying Fido. The fido subscribers will continue to enjoy all the Fido benefits for as long as they want. Just as I have continued to enjoy all the benefits of Clearnet, I am still on per second billing as I was with Clearnet since 1997.

visit telusmobility.com

Vincent_2002

Electoral Member
Mar 27, 2002
Montréal, Quebec
HI andem :mad:)

Sure, here is what I think of my provider.
Rogers AT&T Wireless.

- Bad customer service
- OK coverage
- So-So phones
- Lots of features you pay for if you like
- Whenever I have a prob with billing or service, they usually do give me credits. Like $5 off or something small. Good though. I was with Fido years ago and no way, never again.

Fido customers: get your phone unlocked and come over to Rogers AT&T. Coverage is better than Fido.