WTF! Shoppers & Loblaws Cards Merging

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
The WTF for me is the Medias frantic promotion over this earth shattering event.

I'm listening to the radio and they have a spot where Ken Shaw of CTV news comes on in an authoritative voice warning of this event and to watch his newscast for what it means to you. Only in Canada I suppose.

I'm not sure how scary he would make a legitimate issue be......

PS; I have never card.........

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Points are the new money. It's pretty much known the USD is doomed, and we were wondering what the new CASHLESS money was going to be. I also think the feds will buy up all the debt with the quantitative easing and then go bankrupt. "Poof!!" to all that debt...Oooops!

I just got this in the mail:

As a valued customer, we want to share with you our exciting news! On February 1, 2018 PC Plus and Shoppers Optimum will become the PC Optimum program.

One card. One App. All this goodness.

On February 1st your PC Plus points will be converted to PC Optimum points at their FULL VALUE. Click to check out our Points Calculator. Your current points balance is 2,000†.

In the meantime, simply keep on using the PC Plus and Shoppers Optimum programs to earn and spend points as you love to do. Pretty exciting eh?

Follow PC Optimum on Twitter and Facebook to get the latest news.

Sincerely,
The PC Plus Program
With the PC Optimum program, you can earn and spend PC Optimum points at these great stores:
PC Optimum participating stores

Learn more
View the PC Optimum program Terms and Conditions

Last edited:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
The WTF for me is the Medias frantic promotion over this earth shattering event.

It's advertising.

Similarly, whenever Apple releases a new iWhatever, the media goes apesht. Because it's easier for the media to take a press release and pretend it's news than it is to think.

Some famous journalist said, 'News is whatever someone DOESN'T want you to print', but that takes effort.