World Cup, here we come.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The England team flew to Germany today for the World Cup and they looked smart in their Armani suits.

They have won their last 6 games in a row. All they have to do is win just 7 more games in a row and they'll be World Champions.

England captain David Beckham flies the flag as Sven-Goran Eriksson's World Cup squad boarded the plane for Germany.
-------------------

It's what every England fan was hoping for: Wayne Rooney walks up into the plane with Beckham and coach Eriksson.
© Getty
---------------------

Beckham waves goodbye as the squad depart for Germany.
© Reuters
---------------------

Eriksson's England squad pose for photographs on the steps.
© PA
-----------------------

Defender Rio Ferdinand salutes the fans that turned out in numbers to see off England's World Cup hopefuls.
© PA
-----------------------

Frank Lampard, John Terry and Peter Crouch climb the steps to the plane.
© Reuters
------------------------

dailymail.co.uk

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
World Cup fever grips the world.

With the big kick of only days away, the world has officially gone football crazy! Here's a flavour of how fans across the globe are getting in the party mood...

Soccer pictures are being projected on the bank buildings of Frankfurt
-----------------------

A giant St George flag flies from the side of an office building in Southampton.
© PA
----------------------

Fan Adam Bird with wheelie bins adorned with the Cross of St George stickers.
© PA
-----------------------

Soccer pictures are being projected on the bank buildings of Frankfurt.
© EPA
----------------------

A participant of the 'Fussballwattmeisterschaft' (mud-soccer World Championships) smiles following a match on the mudflats of the river Elbe in Brunsbuettel.
© Reuters
--------------------------

Another scene from the mud-soccer World Championships on the mudflats of the river Elbe in Brunsbuettel.
© Reuters

CanEcosse

Mar 9, 2006
We are getting enough of the fact that England is in the World Cup here in Scotland. I am getting sick of it truthfully. We are being bombarded by television adverts which have every product imaginable being advertised in a way that supports England's chances of winning the world cup. Most people in Scotland are going to cheer for whoever else England is playing against though. Has there been any hype about the americans being in the world cup ? I realise soccer isn't as popular in Canada and the US as it is over here but just wondering about any media coverage seen in Canada about it.

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton
RE: World Cup, here we co

I for one, in lieu of Canada's appearance in the cup, am cheering for England! I really want them to win this time.

Thank-you blackleaf, cuz quite honestly, its getting hard to find coverage right now on World Cup Soccer with Edmonton in the playoffs (my home team). I rely on you faithful steward! LOL.

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton
RE: World Cup, here we co

Question for ya Blackleaf....what games are England scheduled to play in the first round? What dates will they be?