Will the Leafs ever win ???

snooker

Electoral Member
May 16, 2004
canada big apple
Hi ... Do you think that the leafs will win the cup sometime soon ??? If you were to give a year when you think the leafs will win one , When do you think it would be ???

Shmad

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cache Creek, BC
www.justrant.com
Well with all the changes that are proposed to happen with the Leafs after yet another disappointing playoff year, I doubt it's going to be next year, if I had to guess I'd say within 6-10 years.

Sorry, just being honest :)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FLAMES!

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I gotta agree with Shmad. I'm a leafs fan (hence I live in Toronto), and it's just not happening for them. They have their ups and downs and they had an amazing season. But.... it just didnt happen! I don't think it will be next year, but maybe in the next 3 years.

Vincent_2002

Electoral Member
Mar 27, 2002
Montréal, Quebec
The leafs will not win anytime soon. They are jinxed with the snobbiest players in the league. Look at how far Calgary made it, they are an honest down to earth team... Expect our canadiens to make it futher than the maple leafs in the next few years. :quebec:

Vincent_2002

Electoral Member
Mar 27, 2002
Montréal, Quebec
Come on, man. They are always thinking they are the best hockey players. The leafs just are not a down to earth team like they should be. They are way too commercial. The Canadiens have cooled down as a team and just seem more like real people. Sorry if I offended you, but I cannot stand the leafs anymore.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I don't think that's the case Vincent. Look at every team in the NHL and you will see dollar signs across the board. It's all about making money in the NHL and whatever makes the most money will have the best team. Toronto, for example, is Canada's largest cities. Canada is also a hockey-loving nation... So you will notice that Canada's most populated region will have the highest paid hockey team in the country.

That's just the way our continent works. The players all seem to be pretty good guys, even if their paycheques are in the millions.

WildFire

Nominee Member
GO FLAMES! Saw those late night games (east coast :p) and I must say, they have a great team to watch! Especially that overtime game 7 thriller vs Detroit!

And I'm a hardcore Bruins fan at that!

on topic: Leafs wont win a cup for probably 5 years, give or take a lockout :/

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
WildFire said:
GO FLAMES! Saw those late night games (east coast :p) and I must say, they have a great team to watch! Especially that overtime game 7 thriller vs Detroit!

And I'm a hardcore Bruins fan at that!

on topic: Leafs wont win a cup for probably 5 years, give or take a lockout :/

Go Flames Go!

:D :D :D :) :) :) :( :( :(

Shmad

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cache Creek, BC
www.justrant.com
I'd post a link for a site that involves the flames and people celebrating their success but there's some mardi-gras type pictures after the wins, so I don't know if Administration would rake me over the coals for it..

GOOOOOO FLAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iginla used to play here in da loops, was awesome then and has vastly improved since.. He's going to be the next Greztky/Lemieux... whoops sorry, he pretty much already is :)