Will the Conservative/right wing parties fade out?

lefthour

Mar 5, 2005
Ontario
LOL, don't feel old, I'm just ignorant. So I guess he was a good guy for a right wing type party then? And thats surprising?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
LOL, don't feel old, I'm just ignorant. So I guess he was a good guy for a right wing type party then? And thats surprising?

I don't know that I would say he was a good guy. I found a lot of his policies were regressive and even prejudiced. He was honest though, and smart, and you always knew where he stood. He also worked to keep the grass roots of the party in control, something that Harper seems to pay only lip service to.

Manning has a syndicated column now. It makes for good reading even if you don't agree with him. If you have a right-leaning paper there, he likely shows up on Sundays in the op-ed section.

Musicman

Electoral Member
Aug 7, 2005
Although I don't really follow policitics closely, my casual observation leads me to think that none of them are worth any of our votes.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Will the Conservative

Ah, but if you don't vote, you get the government you deserve. That's no good either.

There are actually a lot of good people in politics, they just tend not to be the people in charge.

Musicman

Electoral Member
Aug 7, 2005
Re: RE: Will the Conservative

Reverend Blair said:
Ah, but if you don't vote, you get the government you deserve. That's no good either.

There are actually a lot of good people in politics, they just tend not to be the people in charge.

I didn't say I didn't vote, I just said that none of them were worth voting for. I simply vote for the lesser of all evils, and base my vote on the local candidates.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net

Musicman said:
I didn't say I didn't vote, I just said that none of them were worth voting for. I simply vote for the lesser of all evils, and base my vote on the local candidates.

So I would assume by that statement that you have never given any thought to voting for the Conservative candidate... :D

Have you ever given any thought to the Kingdom of God?

Musicman

Electoral Member
Aug 7, 2005

Vanni Fucci said:
Musicman said:

So I would assume by that statement that you have never given any thought to voting for the Conservative candidate... :D

Have you ever given any thought to the Kingdom of God?

I have voted for numerous parties over the years. I did vote conservative the last election because I was tired of liberal corruption. Prior to that, I voted for other parties, but have been disappointed in the party I voted for.

The Kingdom of God? Can I assume, by your previous posts to me, that you are not referring to the actual Kingdom of God, but rather some bastardization of it? :roll: ( love these emoticons, got to find some more) 8)