Wife pleads for Hamilton man's safe return

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Wife pleads for Hamilton man's safe return

HAMILTON - It’s just a truck.
Sharlene Bosma looked into the cameras and with tears streaming from her eyes and a flash of anger in her voice pleaded with the men she believes took her 32-year-old husband Tim.
All for his 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel pick-up.
“It was just a truck, a stupid truck,” Sharlene said Thursday at Hamilton Police headquarters. “You don’t need him, but I do, our daughter needs her daddy.”
Tim had posted an online advertisement to sell his truck and two men, who said they were from Toronto, showed up at 9:20 p.m. Monday to take it for a test drive. Tim went with them.
“He smiled at me and said he’ll be right back,” she said. “I haven’t seen him since.”
Sharlene directly addressed those responsible.
“I ask, I beg, I plead to whoever has my husband to please let him go,” she said.
Throughout the emotional press conference, Sharlene referred to the toll Tim’s disappearance has taken on family that surrounded her. She described her husband as a dedicated family man, who loved to horse around with his nieces and nephews.
“One of them has said that Uncle Timmy has been stolen,” she said. “And I can’t describe it better than that.”
Sharlene also thanked the community for its support and the many people online who have shared the missing person poster.
“It means so much to me that all these people, people we don’t know, who would take time from their lives to help us,” she said.
Tim’s step-brother Chris Noordam urged the men to let the family know where Tim is.
“You can do this anonymously,” Noordam said. “Please help out Tim Bosma’s family right now.”
Officers said Wednesday that they are worried Tim may have met with foul play and continue to search for Bosma in rural Ancaster near the family’s home. The search corridor extends all the way to Brantford, police said.
Police described the suspects as two white men in their mid-20s. One is about six-foot-one, weighing 170 to 180 pounds, unshaven, with short brown hair, wearing jeans, running shoes and a long-sleeve orange shirt. The other is about five-foot-nine with a small to medium build, wearing a red hoodie with the hood up over his head.
The truck is black with Ontario licence plate 726 7ZW.
Sharlene said the family has found comfort in their faith as they await some word on Tim’s whereabouts.
She also had a parting message for those responsible.
“May God show you mercy,” Sharlene said before leaving the podium.

Bosma Family Press Conference (May 9, 2013) - YouTube

Wife pleads for Hamilton man's safe return | Ontario | News | Toronto Sun

How horrible for this poor family. Imagine watching your family member getting into a vehicle with those who, somewhere down the line, will do them harm.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
If they are in fact criminals so brash and soulless as to walk into a family home, let their faces be seen, and take away the bread winner, I truly fear for his safety.

I hold out faith though, that people are neither that soulless, nor that stupid.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I believe he is already dead. He was a threat to their plan and they disposed of the threat probably within minutes of the abduction.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I couldn't agree more. Not sure why anyone would bring harm to another over a vehicle.

I can't imagine why either, it doesn't make too much sense. I get carjacking some random person for their vehicle, but making an appointment to do it? Can't help but wonder if there is more to this story. Not suggesting the victim is in any way culpable but just that it's too damn weird to be just about a truck.

I believe he is already dead. He was a threat to their plan and they disposed of the threat probably within minutes of the abduction.

I can't understand what kind of a "plan" that possibly could have been. They met the wife, face to face, I have to believe even the stupidest criminal would know better than to do that.

The poor wife just about broke my heart in the video though, it must be hell for her right now.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
not only did they meet the family, they phoned. So there will be a trail there too. Very odd.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Exactly. I wonder maybe if something happened to all three of them? No one can say for sure of course, but the two other men may possibly be other victims?

But then again three grown men together don't really present a "typical" victim target either.

The whole thing is very, very weird.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Put up a reward...that'll lure some rats outta their hole. Someone else knows something. Its too bad it takes a reward of some kind for someone to do the rite thing.

It's really sad for the family.. but I am sure they will capture the two abductors..

The cell phone was found west of Hamilton.. I hope they are going to seriously beef up Police in Windsor and border check points.

I really wish Canada would adopt the Texas H.E.A.T. program.. it would really curb auto theft in Canada. My car has a Texas H.E.A.T. sticker.. sure you may get stopped for no reason.. but if your not doing anything wrong, who cares.. and if someone else has my car, who is not suppose to.. sol.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're information could potentially save someones life. This person may know something about the Missing person case of Tim Bosma. His wife and 2 year old little girl are waiting for his safe return in time for Mothers Day.

Be human, have a heart. If you know someone with "Ambition" tattooed on there wrist in the watch area with a box around it, please, PLEASE report it asap!

God bless you.

Last edited:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Heard it on the way to work this morning and just thought, OMG, they've killed him, maybe accidentally but if he isn't back, it's because he is incapable of doing so.

I have heard of this before where ads have either been posted to lure victims or posters have been made victims by posting.

Tragic. The only way I can see around this is, sure test drive the car, just leave some id with my wife and away we go

It really is heartbreaking. Just an ad to see a car and it leads to potential tragedy.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I can't understand what kind of a "plan" that possibly could have been. They met the wife, face to face, I have to believe even the stupidest criminal would know better than to do that.

The plan was to steal a truck. The fact they thought this was a good idea at all shows how stupid they were.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
They tried to steal another truck in Etobicoke the same way.. nobody every said you have to be smart to be a criminal..

The question is, why go to this trouble to steal a truck? If I wanted to steal a truck I could go out tonight without exposing myself or hurting anyone physically. This just doesn't make sense.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
The question is, why go to this trouble to steal a truck? If I wanted to steal a truck I could go out tonight without exposing myself or hurting anyone physically. This just doesn't make sense.

Well unless this is sorta an initiation to some gang where they have to kill and steal a truck.. I dunno. Yes it's odd.

Some people are just sadistic psychopaths and enjoy hurting others for no apparent reason or logic.

I doubt Tim is still alive, but hope he is.. a new born child and a little girl. The main supporter of the family. Maybe they can pass legislation the Tim Bosma Bill to allow the death penalty in Canada when a murder is done in the commission of a federal offense, such as theft over $5000 or back robbery. Just say'in.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Well unless this is sorta an initiation to some gang where they have to kill and steal a truck.. I dunno. Yes it's odd.

Some people are just sadistic psychopaths and enjoy hurting others for no apparent reason or logic.

I doubt Tim is still alive, but hope he is.. a new born child and a little girl. The main supporter of the family. Maybe they can pass legislation the Tim Bosma Bill to allow the death penalty in Canada when a murder is done in the commission of a federal offense, such as theft over $5000 or back robbery. Just say'in.

Well I guess when they arrest the second guy we will find out.