Why get a FLU shot?

danieltowsey

A Truth Soldier
Oct 13, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Why get a flu shot when it can only protect you from other years flus? To get the antibodies for the flu, you have to be injected with other years flu viruses. I suspect that anyone who gets a flu shot becomes infectious and spreads the flu. I wouldn't be surprised if they are creating the new flu viruses that come out every year in the lab. As part of the flu shot, so they would spread the flu, but they themselves would not get sick because they have the antidote. This would be a great marketing ploy. This way anyone who has not got the flu shot will catch the flu from someone who did. This will further make people believe they actually need the flu shot. Since the flu shot contains the anti-bodies for the new flu they created only ones who did not get the shot would get sick. Which will make more profits for the pharmaceutical company. Now heres another thought. If the flu shot (which is given to 98 million Americans) is truly effective. Why is there more people getting the flu every year? The Pharmaceutical companies claim that they use only dead flu viruses for their culture to make the anti-flu
serum. A virus is a living organism, so how can they say it is dead. It is not a virus if its dead. It has to be alive to multiply and make the large batches.

Daniel J Towsey

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
As usual, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Flu vaccine is an inactivated vaccine, meaning that it contains killed influenza virus. The killed influenza virus is injected into muscles and stimulates the immune system to produce an immune response (antibodies) to the influenza virus. When the virus enters a person who has been vaccinated, the antibodies attack and kill the virus and prevent infection.

Each year the influenza virus can change slightly making the vaccine used in previous years ineffective. Each year a new vaccine must be prepared that will be effective against the expected type of influenza virus. The trick is to be able to predict which influenza viruses are going to cause infection and to prepare a vaccine against those viruses. Usually scientists can predict accurately which types of influenza virus will cause infections and prepare an appropriate vaccine. The viruses that are used to prepare flu vaccine are grown in eggs.

The vaccine is generally effective against the influenza virus within two weeks of the injection. The vaccine is only effective against the strains of the virus that match the vaccine. These strains vary from flu season to flu season each year. This is the reason that revaccination is required annually with the vaccine that matches the strains of influenza that are currently prevalent.

danieltowsey

A Truth Soldier
Oct 13, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Thanks for starting off your comment with a rude comment "As usual,you have no idea what your talking about" Why do you feel that you have to be ignorant. If you have a responce to my post why can't you be polite and stick to the topic.Just because you can't believe what I post does not give you the right to say that "As ususal,You do not know what your talking about'

Your wrong..they do use virus cultures from last years virus. They have admitted that the new anti-virus shot is not going to be effective against new viruses coming out this year...And your really wrong if you believe that they can and do predict the new strains of viruses that are going to come out each year.I think they probably are the ones creating them...that line should really irritate you!.........................Have a good day!

I hope you can have a civil conversation for a change!

linda smith

Oct 17, 2005
if that is so true what you are saying than why is it that some people get the flu after they get the shot and they end up in the hospital if it is supossed to protect you from the flu than why do people still get

danieltowsey

A Truth Soldier
Oct 13, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Now your thinking...Thats part of the reason why I made this tread. To make people talk about it.I personally will not take a flu shot again. The last one I got gave me a rash on my shoulders for two months....Go ask a doctor what I said about the flu anti-virus shot and what culture they use...they will tell you that its from last years and they can not predict what the new strain well be.......Thats why my post is called "Why get a FLU shot?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Linda said:
if that is so true what you are saying than why is it that some people get the flu after they get the shot and they end up in the hospital if it is supossed to protect you from the flu than why do people still get

Juan said:
Each year the influenza virus can change slightly making the vaccine used in previous years ineffective. Each year a new vaccine must be prepared that will be effective against the expected type of influenza virus. The trick is to be able to predict which influenza viruses are going to cause infection and to prepare a vaccine against those viruses.
The vaccine is generally effective against the influenza virus within two weeks of the injection. The vaccine is only effective against the strains of the virus that match the vaccine.

Daniel said:
Your (sic) wrong

Actually, he's right on the money, ask a scientist.

Daniel said:
I think they probably are the ones creating them...that line should really irritate you!

I find it quite funny, actually.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
danieltowsey said:
Why get a flu shot when it can only protect you from last years flu .To get the antibodies for the flu, you have to be injected with the flu virus.I suspect that anyone who gets a flu shot becomes contagious and spreads the flu.This would be a great marketing ploy. This way anyone who has not got the flu shot will catch the flu from someone who did.This will further make people believe they actually need the flu shot. Which will make more profits for the pharmaceutical company.....So tell me what you think of this.This should be an interesting topic for a thread.....

You start off with an inaccurate statement. Each year the flu vaccine is made to cover what the researchers predict will be the strain this year. Are you as uninformed about everything else? I can't be bothered to read any further, if you start off with wrong information.

danieltowsey

A Truth Soldier
Oct 13, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
My information is right from my doctor...they do not know and can not predict what flu will be around and for that matter its many different flues that go around..Its a complete fraud. They can't "predict" what the flu strain is going to be.....

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC
I think your conspiracy theories are getting very old.

I'm sorry you had a bad eperience with the flu vaccine sometimes people react differently to these kinds of things. I was born with a cognetial heart defect and I get top priorty flu shots because I'm considered at risk.

I've had my shot for the past several years running and have experienced some soreness in the muscle lasting a day or two. I'd rather be a bit sore for a day or two then be misrable in bed for a week.

The flu shot is not 100 percent effective, nobody ever claimed it was. But it does signifcantly reduce your odds of flu.

And as for your accusations about the flu shot people making the viruses that is so laughable that I don't need to comment on it.

danieltowsey

A Truth Soldier
Oct 13, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
So if its so laughable then why did you comment on it....You should do some research and you'll find out that there is a percentage of people that get very sick from the shot some even die from it.

linda smith

Oct 17, 2005
i don't know why you people can't give your comments
why do you have to be so rude when you comment back
this i supossed to be a forum where you talk about topics
not for rude remarks

danieltowsey

A Truth Soldier
Oct 13, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
ok I'll look thanks...sounds convincing.. Its will written but it does not change what I have said......You should read it between the lines and insert what I have said...You will get a more complete idea of truth.....Many of the claims they make have never been proven....Every year more people get the flu than the year before.......so hows the flu shot improving anything?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
So if its so laughable then why did you comment on it....You should do some research and you'll find out that there is a percentage of people that get very sick from the shot some even die from it.

Nothing comes without risk, (he says after taking a drag from a filtterless cigarette.)

My information is right from my doctor...they do not know and can not predict what flu will be around and for that matter its many different flues that go around..Its a complete fraud. They can't "predict" what the flu strain is going to be.

I'd get a new doctor at that point. Not much point in a scientist who gets the science wrong.

so whats your contribution to this post.

My sunny disposition.

linda smith

Oct 17, 2005
iam sorry that the comment i put there is on the page alot but when i was submitting it it messed up and went on to many times