Why fight: Islam, Christianity and Judaism is the same

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Now as an Asatru or heathen I do not know why you Christian, Jewish and Muslim people fight. Why why do you people fight?

You were all born in the Middle East.

You are all Abrahamic Religions.

You all have one singular prophet, Moses for the Jews, Jesus for the Christians, and Muhammed for the Muslims.

You have the Torah, the Bible and the Koran, who all have bits and pieces of each others religion.

The rosary is Muslim, but was brought to Catholics.

So why do you fight, all you are are the same religion just cultural diffusion.

You took 90% of each other's religion and came with a few new ideas.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I have no idea why their seems to be some animosity between them.

As a pseudo-Christian, I have the utmost respect for Judaists and Muslims (not to mention persons of each and every other religion). I hold this respect not only because I would think it to be the responsible thing to do, in a religious capacity, but also the responsible thing to do in the capacity of a citizen of Canada.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
I have no idea why their seems to be some animosity between them.

As a pseudo-Christian, I have the utmost respect for Judaists and Muslims (not to mention persons of each and every other religion). I hold this respect not only because I would think it to be the responsible thing to do, in a religious capacity, but also the responsible thing to do in the capacity of a citizen of Canada.

That is what gets me. My geography teacher knows, and he is a world famous geographer, says that they are basically the same religion. So I have no idea why you guys fight.

And thanks Five, you even like Heathens, so it will make it a bit harder when I will have to sack your property like a good heathen.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
RE: Why fight: Islam, Chr

actually they have the line of prophets. it is just a question of how many are accepted as prophets.

they kill each other because the abrahamic religions are built on a core of dominance and control, which with christianity was turned outward. the "dominion" theme rules, and since all want the "dominion"...

now lets say you have a brother and a neighbour. your hardly know your neighbour but you know your brother well. who will you fight most with? your brother. why? because you know each other well and share a lot. the same with the abrahamics. was jesus a prophet, or a god? did the man-idolatry of the christians require the god to send a final prophet to set the record straight? we can see how fighting can occur here.

Freethinker

Electoral Member
Jan 18, 2006

Shia and Sunni's kill each other. Protestents and Catholics fought for ages in Ireland. All the monotheistic religions want the world following their version of the "one true way".

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca

no, they don't have one prophet. they have a line of prophets and they disagree on the status of one and whether another is or is not a prophet.

but you are right that it is stupid. that is what you get when you subscribe to absolutes.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Jersay said:
Now as an Asatru or heathen I do not know why you Christian, Jewish and Muslim people fight. Why why do you people fight?

You were all born in the Middle East.

You are all Abrahamic Religions.

You all have one singular prophet, Moses for the Jews, Jesus for the Christians, and Muhammed for the Muslims.

You have the Torah, the Bible and the Koran, who all have bits and pieces of each others religion.

The rosary is Muslim, but was brought to Catholics.

So why do you fight, all you are are the same religion just cultural diffusion.

You took 90% of each other's religion and came with a few new ideas.

Christian, jew and muslim extremist are the ones who make the others to fight, not the majority of those same religions.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Interesting that you would say that, aeon, while there are dozens of members in other threads on Canadian Content who are condemning each and every Muslim for the actions of a loud few.

We must, as you have just done, keep in mind that there are distinctions between standard and moderate members of faiths, and the extremist members. More to the point of the topic, I would agree with you entirely. Religion would be a far more practical thing, were extremists not to incite the kinds of hateful events and speeches that we have seen over the decades and centuries.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca

don't forget you get grapejuice from grapes, not watermelons.

If the religions did not have a base of dominance, then followers would not have such a weapon to wield.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
I still would like Christianity to give me back Christman, Valentines Day and Halloween.

But back to the point, because all three religions are so alike, on a side note, veiling of women took place in 15th Christian society so it is unsure if Islam took it from Christians, how can we get them to cooperate because you guys are all the same, no matter if you are Jew, Muslim or Christian.

nitzomoe

Electoral Member
Dec 31, 2004
Toronto
Jersay said:
Well they all have one main prophet.

nope for the Jews it is Moses + the messiah thats supposed to come very soon

for christians its obviously jesus christ who is also going to be showing up real soon(seriously i have an inside scoop)

and muslims follow the teachings of Mohammed and they've corroborated the jesus arrival at JFK story too.

there are some divergence in philosophy between the religions. one can argue that Christianity is more individual based (christ dying for my sins etc.) whereas judaism and Islam are more community based.

the conflict really arises from the hypocrits who dont follow their own religion but like pushing other ppl around. Examples are all over history including most Popes, several Ottoman Caliphs, several Mogul maharajahs, a multitude of hindu fanatics and some zionists.

JomZ

Electoral Member
Aug 18, 2005
Reentering the Fray at CC.net
The conflict arises because religion is a motivating factor for leaders for centuries (All the way up to the 20th). In those days many fought for control of land and resources, and they had to motivate the masses into armed conflict, so religion was used or created to push onto the masses that their lord was sent from God and that he/she was all wise and powerful and he/she commanded you to go invade or defend somewhere, for this is God’s land.

This led to people believing that their leaders were truly sent by God and that all those who opposed them were heathens to be destroyed or converted. After centuries of these struggles these ethnic hatreds were ingrained into the social psyche of many cultures and it comes to the surface in some who take up holy wars or jihads, or kill in the name of their God.

Why in this day and age does violent conflict over religion happen? Some believe that the disadvantaged use it as an excuse to blame others for their problems rather then looking at them directly. Some still truly believe in those tenants, and some I believe are just too ignorant to believe otherwise.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
nope for the Jews it is Moses + the messiah thats supposed to come very soon

for christians its obviously jesus christ who is also going to be showing up real soon(seriously i have an inside scoop)

and muslims follow the teachings of Mohammed and they've corroborated the jesus arrival at JFK story too.

there are some divergence in philosophy between the religions. one can argue that Christianity is more individual based (christ dying for my sins etc.) whereas judaism and Islam are more community based.

the conflict really arises from the hypocrits who dont follow their own religion but like pushing other ppl around. Examples are all over history including most Popes, several Ottoman Caliphs, several Mogul maharajahs, a multitude of hindu fanatics and some zionists

One main prophet, different names. So, all three have a few differences that is because they may have thought of something better or encorporated another 'pagan' religion into theirs. But about 90% is the same.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Jersay, there are major differences between the three religions.

An example....some Christians believe that modern day Jewish people, are really just modern day Pharisees.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Jersay, there are major differences between the three religions.

An example....some Christians believe that modern day Jewish people, are really just modern day Pharisees.

No there isn't. The majority of the religions are the same. It is just what looks difference comes out to the forefront then what is the same.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I think you would have to have a better understanding of these two religions to really appreciate what I'm saying.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Re: RE: Why fight: Islam, Christianity and Judaism is the sa

FiveParadox said:
Interesting that you would say that, aeon, while there are dozens of members in other threads on Canadian Content who are condemning each and every Muslim for the actions of a loud few.

We must, as you have just done, keep in mind that there are distinctions between standard and moderate members of faiths, and the extremist members. More to the point of the topic, I would agree with you entirely. Religion would be a far more practical thing, were extremists not to incite the kinds of hateful events and speeches that we have seen over the decades and centuries.

Exactly , well said!!

nitzomoe

Electoral Member
Dec 31, 2004
Toronto
Jersay said:
One main prophet, different names. So, all three have a few differences that is because they may have thought of something better or encorporated another 'pagan' religion into theirs. But about 90% is the same.

3 prophets 3 different names, 3 different time periods and 3 different set of teachings which at best are similar in superficial philosophy. There are major theological and philosophical differences between the religions beginning with the set of prophets they follow.

For instance Judaism doesnt include jesus or Mohammed, Christianity doesnt include Mohammed and Islam includes everybody but doesnt asign divine status to Jesus.

Theologically there differences are quite wide, the whole basis of christianity is the importance of the individual over the community because Jesus died for your sins.

Islam and Judaism on the other hand place more emphasis on the community over the individual. this does not mean the individual doesnt have freedom to choose its simply a different way of approaching personal freedom with respect to society's benefits.

So philosphically they are very different.

if you look at the religious texts there is also a great divide.

For Jews The old Testament is very rigid, with all the laws spelled out in Deuteronomy and Leviticus, and the narratives are in Genesis, Exodus and Numbers Jewish law systems are thus very clear and draw philosophically from the narratives but the actual definitions of sin are derived from Leviticus and Deutoronomy. They are considered divine works as they were passed down to the ppl without any anomolies.

Christians on the other hand draw their philosphical ideas on jurisprudence and life from the New testemant which is "divinely inspired" accounts of Jesus's and John's life. It is not considered god's word by the vast majority of non-catholics but divinely inspired which explains some errors in previous publications of the books. Technically speaking it cant be god's word as this would mean only Jesus could write it down and the Bible 's earliest known copy was produced around a century after Jesus's death. but it suffices nonetheless quite well in most parts of ones life. The only problem is that it is a manuscript of parables which means ppl can interpret it to whatever they fancy, thus the basis of english common law before Magna Carta and case law was Leviticus and Deutoronomy.

Muslims follow the Koran which is also a very clearly defined text on what is good and bad. It is considered a divine text as it was written in chapters throughout their prophets lifetime and brought together and raanged during the reign of Abu Bakr right after Mohammeds death. It is considered a very conservative book which is direct in its explanations and includes most of the stories of previous prophets from the old testemant. Its views on homosexuality for instance are clearly defined and quite conservative.

so in terms of its texts there exists a great divide. Really we could go more in depth and this explanation does not suffice but there exist differences that make each religion distinct from each other.

to make the presumption that they are all pracitcally the same smacks of ignorance.