Who do you think is the best rescuer in the Holocaust?

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
sine000 said:
Although there is no one *best* rescuer in the Holocaust, who do you think committed his/her life to save *as many Jews as possible*???

With all the dead jews there was, there wasnt a real hero , besides all the jews that survived according to me,probably one of the darkiest time of history, for letting all those peoples dying,and not doing anything, the whole europe and those who supported nazi regime is to blame on this one.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
The Holocaust ended over 60 years ago. The victims were mostly Jews but also included Slavs, Gypsies, the infirm... lots of people. This wasn't a Jewish only tragedy, but I can't help but notice that whenever Israel's war crimes and crimes against humanity begin to make the news, Israel's apologists raise this topic to elicit sympathy and obfuscate current events.

I suspect that's the case here.

War crimes and crimes against humanity against Jews 60 years ago, do not justify Israel's war crimes and crimes against humanity today.

I would also like to point out that one of the consequences of the Holocaust was the Nakba which unlike the Holocaust continues to this day.

People who deny the suffering of Nakba victims are no better than people who deny the suffering of Holocaust victims.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
Re: RE: Who do you think is the best rescuer in the Holocaus

earth_as_one said:
The Holocaust ended over 60 years ago. The victims were mostly Jews but also included Slavs, Gypsies, the infirm... lots of people. This wasn't a Jewish only tragedy, but I can't help but notice that whenever Israel's war crimes and crimes against humanity begin to make the news, Israel's apologists raise this topic to elicit sympathy and obfuscate current events.

War crimes and crimes against humanity against Jews 60 years ago, do not justify Israel's war crimes and crimes against humanity today.

I would also like to point out that one of the consequences of the Holocaust was the Nakba which unlike the Holocaust continues to this day.

People who deny the suffering of Nakba victims are no better than people who deny the suffering of Holocaust victims.

Well said, but be careful, you could be called `anti-semites` by saying this, very popular argument these days.

sine000

Electoral Member
Aug 14, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Logic 7 said:
sine000 said:
Although there is no one *best* rescuer in the Holocaust, who do you think committed his/her life to save *as many Jews as possible*???

With all the dead jews there was, there wasnt a real hero , besides all the jews that survived according to me,probably one of the darkiest time of history, for letting all those peoples dying,and not doing anything, the whole europe and those who supported nazi regime is to blame on this one.

Technically...there were heros....Schindler...Wallenburg....and others risked their lives to save them....Schindler was a nazi...he bribed people like Amon Goth to save the people he watched being killed....

apple liang

Aug 20, 2006
sine000 said:

hi ,nice to meet you here!it's the first time i come this forum ,i like it and think it's a good place to know much more things around world . thank you for your good topic

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Re: RE: Who do you think is the best rescuer in the Holocaus

I agree with earth_as_one. This holocaust stuff NEVER ends. It happened 60 years ago and every week there is some kind of memorial; whenever there is outrage against Israel, the holocaust topic always comes up. Let us not forget about the 10 milion in Ukraine who were starved to death on purpose by the Soviet regime around the exact same time as the supposed 6 million were murdered. Why don't we ever hear about that?

What about the terrorism and genocide carried out AFTER the Jewish holocaust by Israeli?

Moved to History forum.

earth_as_one said:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I can't help but notice that whenever Israel's war crimes and crimes against humanity begin to make the news, Israel's apologists raise this topic to elicit sympathy and obfuscate current events.

What used to surprise me is that, after the "holocaust", the Israelis treated the Palestinians the way they did. I'm talking about before the suicide bombers when the Jews drove the Arabs out of their homes and then burned the houses down so the people couldn't return. I guess for some reason, I expected better things from these people.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
60 years is a mere nothing in time, when you consider how long this planet has been in existence..perhaps a millisecond. But, yes, I would have expected more empathy from a people who had so many horrible deeds done to them.