Whata eating?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Clista works hard for her meat, although I am not that keen on being part of her diet.

alkalyd based vegan.....uh interesting...vegan is hard enough, what does the alkalyd based vegan diet eat. :p

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
vegan, eat alkalyne foods (minimize acid forming foods such as processed foods, sugars, no alcohol, white rice, potatoes, corn, chocolate, soda, pastsa, white bread), eat foods that do not have a high glycemic index except when exercising, and i also minimize wheat and avoid contact with canola oil (GMO that is not nearly as good for you as the proponents would suggest) as much as possible (olive oil is best)

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
How long have you eaten this way? Do you find it difficult to stick to. Cosmo's a moderator here, was a strict vegetarian, that is to say she did not eat meat. What I did notice is that she ate alot of fat, like cheese and dairy. This was not good, and I told her so :p I love olive oil myself now, thanks to the iranian grocery down the road. Its like wine, different grades, and different prices 8O

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
it isn't really that hard since it really comes down to knowing what you are eating. Years ago it was quite restrictive if you didn't make everything from scratch but nowdays there are enough vegans, gluten sensitive people, lactose sensitive people, etc that there are also options in the prepared foods area if needed.

For me, i focus on the greens and build up from that. Years ago I was more of a fruitarian. I have not eaten meat in probably 12-13 years (when i did i only ate salmon and chicken, although i later learned the truths about which meats do what to you). I never liked milk and ate very little cheese until looking into what effects various foods have on health which made me make sure not to buy anything with dairy products in it (the whole IGF-1 factor, if i am remembering the acronym correct freaked me out. If you get diagnosed with cancer, which a friend did, the doctor will recommend eliminating all dairy because the IGF growth hormone is identical between humans and cows. Now an adult has no need for growth hormones, but cancer cells certianly benefit from them, to your disadvantage when trying to defeat it).

So my diet is pretty simple. Based around greens (including seaweed superfoods), plus fruits, daily needed intake of nuts and seeds, and finally grains. I supplement to ensure i get all necessary nutrients given the variability of vitamins and minerals within food depending on the growing conditions, its preparation (raw is best), and its age.

The reason for not inducing "sugar spikes" is because it is stressful to the body. Stressing the body is the same reason for the alkalyne foods since the body is naturally alkalyne.

edit: just a note on "tofu-dogs". i don't eat them not just because they are processed (which if in a rush or travelling there is a need for prepared foods) but because they contain carageenan, which is not good for you. (well, all the tofu-dogs i have seen to date use carageenan)

Canucklehead

Apr 6, 2005
You've waited patiently for this one, Pea... not exactly the correct thread for it but, what the hey....

2 1/2 c. flour
1 pkt (8g) yeast
1c water (120F)
1tbs oil
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp basil (optional and preferably powdered w/ pestle)

1) Add sugar to water, mix, then add yeast and let sit for 13-15min.
2) Sift/mix 1 1/2c. flour, salt, basil, garlic powder and onion powder.
3) Add oil to water/yeast, stir then add to flour mixture.
4) Stir w/ lg. spoon until all flour absorbed (should be gooey mess at this point)
5) Mix in ~1/3c. flour (after this it's best to knead the remaining 2/3c in)
6) Cut dough in half and form 2 dough balls. Cover and let rise for at least 15min in warm place.

This should make 2 large(16") regular or 2 med (12") thick crusts. If you want a thicker crust, spread out dough in pans and let rise for another 10min or so. Oh, and use cornmeal on the pie pans, not grease.

If ya prefer... you can freeze one but be warned... it doesn't turn out nearly as well and is much thinner.

Don't ask how to do this with a mixer or bread machine... I haven't a clue.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I am having some Indian sweets; now how exactly their creators can get away without putting a "These are dangerously sweet!" warning on them, I will never know, but I am attempting to eat them nonetheless. :lol:

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
Lunch to day is roast beef sandwich with no fat Miracle Whip and Becel 67% RSF margon Flax seed whole grain bread. A no fat yogurt and blueberry cup and a mixed fruit cup. 4 no fat fig bars and a can of caffiene free Coke. I had a heart attcak last April and am on a low fat diet. The roast beef slices are so thin as to be translucent and are only 2% of my fat content for the day. Bread is also 2% of fat for day. The Becel marg is 2% of my daily fats. So lunch makes up 6% of my allowed fat content for the day.

I am on a low fat no salt added diet. Low fat is a portion that contains less than 5% of your daily fat content. Am not allowed to put salt on food AFTER it is cooked and should be carefull not to over do salt in cooking. Lunch at only 6% lets me cheat a bit at supper. I try to avoid all trans fats. My 98% fat free chocolate ice cream has .1 g per serving. I have the equiv. of 2 servings twice a week for dessert after supper.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Currie has to be one of the heathiest tastey meals around. Only a few tbsp of oil and some veg, little chicken maybe, some Mr Pataks or other, a pot of rice and your on. It's kind of the sub continents chili except it's a quick meal, fridge to plate in an hour. 101 reciepes with the same name , chili - currie.

mmmmm, now I need some supper.:wave:

Last edited:

AmberEyes

Sunshine
Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver Island
Currie has to be one of the heathiest tastey meals around. Only a few tbsp of oil and some veg, little chicken maybe, pot of rice and your on. It's kind of the sub continents chili except it's a quick meal, fridge to plate in an hour. 101 reciepes with the same name , chili - currie.

mmmmm, now I need some supper.:wave:

Mmmm curry, that sounds like a good idea... *putters off to the kitchen*