What Really Happened in Wuhan: Investigating the Chinese lab leak theory

Ellanjay

Council Member
Apr 11, 2020

Russian Invasion Prompts Military Spending Boosts; Xi Visits Hong Kong for Handover Anniversary​

China in Focus

Russia’s invasion in Ukraine is prompting military spending boosts in the West. But questions rise over whether war in Ukraine will shift focus away from the threat to Taiwan. To counter China, Americans must reconstruct their frame of thought. A former NATO chair breaks it down. Five more Chinese companies are added to a U.S. blacklist for their support of the Russian military. A U.S. hypersonic missile fails a test in Hawaii. At the same time, China and Russia are boosting their own weapons development. Now some are asking, is the Unittd States lagging behind? Will China stick to its zero-COVID-19 policy? News reports and a statement from China’s Communist Party leader may hint at the future.

Ellanjay

Council Member
Apr 11, 2020

‘5 More Years of Zero-COVID,’ Says Beijing Official; FCC Wants TikTok Banned​

Video

China Insider
David Zhang

This week, Beijing declared “five more years” of zero-COVID. To everyone’s surprise, they backtracked and claimed it was an “error” and a “mistake” on the part of the reporter. So do we expect China to go with hard lockdowns and mass testing for the next five years? Or is this all just political? And what about Shanghai’s lockdown?
Plus, I speak with Arthur Herman, an expert on data, machine learning, and quantum computers, about the threat of China using big data, surveillance, and AI to wage a data war against the United States. This is as FCC Commissioner Brendan Carr asks Google and Apple to ban TikTok, what he calls the “sheep’s clothing” of the app’s ability to spy on Americans.

Ellanjay

Council Member
Apr 11, 2020

Hongkonger on City’s Situation: ‘We Cannot Go Back’; World’s Largest Navy Drill Underway in Hawaii​

China in Focus

The city of Hong Kong is no longer recognizable. That’s what a number of locals had to say amid the anniversary of its handover from Britain to Beijing. On the other hand, China’s Communist Party leader said the opposite: that the city has risen from the ashes. The world’s largest naval exercise is underway in Hawaii. Troops from 26 nations are joining this year—looking to counter China’s military aggression. Taiwan’s foreign minister highlights his hopes for the island, as it grapples with the threat of invasion. Imposter social media accounts are exposed by a new report. It says the accounts are posing as Texans to attack the state’s rare earth industry online. Shanghai Disney reopens to the public after a months-long closure. But some theme park goers say it’s not the same.

Ellanjay

Council Member
Apr 11, 2020

‘Stand Up for What You Believe In, Even If It Means Sacrificing Everything’: Enes Kanter Freedom​

Video

China in Focus
Tiffany Meier

In this special episode, we get to hear from two special guests: Enes Kanter Freedom, NBA basketball player turned human rights advocate; and Jeff King, president of International Christian Concern. We got a chance to sit down with them this week in the nation’s capital, at the International Religious Freedom Summit 2022.
When asked why he kept standing up for human rights, despite the consequences of losing his career, Freedom said: “When I was in Turkey, you know, unfortunately, some of the things that I talk about, my family was really affected. My dad was in jail. … I don’t want to go in detail, but they had a very rough time in Turkey. And I remember my mom told me: stand up for what you believe in, even if it means sacrificing everything. So I was like, you know, I understand—money, amazing, cool; endorsement deals, shoe sales, jersey sales, it’s amazing. But is it really more important than people’s lives? I don’t think so. So I’m like, this is bigger than myself. I know at the end, I might be able to play another five, six years. But I can’t be going to sleep in peace when I know [on the] other side of the ocean, people are losing their loved ones and losing their lives. So this is way bigger than that. So I don’t have any regrets.”
He added: “This is bigger than basketball. This is bigger than NBA, and this is bigger than myself. So I believe what I’m standing up for is worth it.”
As for why the Chinese regime and other authoritarian regimes clamp down on religious freedom, King said: “At its heart, … there’re a couple models I use to describe the Marxists. And on the one hand, they’re very clearly a mafia. What does a mafia do? It rules by power. It’s all about money, greed, power, violence, and they control the community or the state around them by those means—by bribes, by power, by threats, intimidation, killing—and all for their little club. For their tiny little club, they are a parasite on society. But there’s the strange thing with a Marxist regime is that as much as they say there is no God, they set themselves up as a god. Now, I think on the one hand, it’s very clear that they will co-opt theology, they will co-opt the religious impulse in human beings, and so they set themselves up as a god. But at the same time, there’s something more than that, where I think they really believe it. It’s like, ‘we are the thing to be worshipped,’ and they can’t tolerate another thing being worshipped. There’s something spiritual going on. And I always say if you want to see the purest form of this, you go to North Korea, where they purposefully copy Christianity with Juche theology. It was all purposeful, it was all thought out. But again, it’s clearly a religious system. And yet [they say] there is no God, and there’s no religion or religion is an evil thing, but they create religion.”

Ellanjay

Council Member
Apr 11, 2020

Exposing the Chinese Regime’s Hidden Crime; China’s Influence on the World Economic Forum

China in Focus

Tesla is feeling the pain, stemming from its operations in China. Its factories there have easy access to the world’s biggest car market, but sales have taken a major hit amid local lockdown orders. How widespread is Beijing’s influence? A senior editor talks about his experiences at the World Economic Forum. Diplomats from five countries face off in Beijing. The in-person meeting was held at a top Chinese university, and attendees included the United States and Russia. A Chinese woman says her father was killed in China as part of Beijing’s persecution of a peaceful meditation system—and that seeing his body after death revealed what really happened. In an undercover call, a Chinese medical staff member admits to organ harvesting at a hospital—focused on prisoners of conscience.

Ellanjay

Council Member
Apr 11, 2020

Analysis: China Buying US Farmland; What Happens After Confucius Institutes Close in the US​

China Insider

Chinese state companies are buying up U.S. farmland, part of a strategic process behind the global land grab by the Chinese Communist Party. What is it for? A new 300-acre land purchase near a U.S. Air Force base may give us indications. I also speak with Rachelle Peterson and Ian Oxnevad from the National Association of Scholars. Their newest findings on the Confucius Institutes are that most are closing in the United States, but many are reorganizing under a new disguise.

Ellanjay

Council Member
Apr 11, 2020

China’s Persecution of Christians—With David Curry and Jeff King​

China Insider

The Chinese regime persecutes Christians in China. Portraits of communist leaders are placed inside churches and prisoners of conscience are arrested for their faith. At the International Religious Freedom Summit, I spoke with the head of two Christian organizations advocating for the stop of persecution against Christians and other faiths in China. I speak with Jeff King from International Christian Concern and David Curry from Open Doors USA on the state of China’s human rights and what Americans can do to help.

Ellanjay

Council Member
Apr 11, 2020

China Rejects NASA Accusation Over Moon Territory;China, US Hold High-Level Talk on Reducing Tariffs​

China in Focus

Top officials from the United States and China discuss reducing tariffs over video conference—but experts say it may not be enough to help China’s trade issues. NASA issues a warning against Beijing, saying it plans to take over the moon in the coming years. But China fires back, accusing the agency of pushing a smear campaign. Heavy downpours and floods are sweeping China. And forecasters say this year’s rainy season isn’t letting up. Shanghai announces two new rounds of mass virus testing, while another city with 7 million people is ordered back under lockdown. We take a closer look at Confucius Institutes—and which U.S. universities are still running them.

Ellanjay

Council Member
Apr 11, 2020

Chinese Carmaker BYD Outsells Tesla; Gen. Milley: China Attack on Taiwan Not Imminent​

China in Focus

Tesla is no longer leading the world’s electric vehicle market. A Chinese company has taken its place. But how? The U.S calls on a leading production equipment maker in the Netherlands. Washington wants it to stop selling gear to China—a move that could deal another major blow to Chinese microchip manufacturers. The U.S. says it’s watching Taiwan closely, and keeping an eye on Beijing’s moves toward the island. At the same time, Taiwan is showing off its new military training jets. A Chinese professor says 940 million people earn less than $300 monthly in China. That makes up two thirds of the country’s population. Another real estate company in China finds itself buried under billions of debt. And, a Canadian tycoon is facing trial in China. The news comes five years after he disappeared in Hong Kong.

Ellanjay

Council Member
Apr 11, 2020

Witness Exposes China’s Organ Harvesting; Ethan Gutmann Details New Organ Harvesting Findings​

China Insider

A witness of China’s organ harvesting, a former gang member from Japan told The Epoch Times exclusively what he saw in a Chinese transplant hospital, as well as the execution of prisoners of conscience for their organs and China’s sudden boom in organ transplants. I spoke with Ethan Gutmann, a long-time investigator of China’s organ harvesting against Falun Gong adherents, Uyghur Muslims, and other religious groups, about his view of the methods and ways in which the Chinese regime is running this dark operation.

Ellanjay

Council Member
Apr 11, 2020

Japan's Ex-Leader Abe Assassinated in Public; Pop Song Censored in China After Abe Assassination​

Japan's former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is dead. A gunman appeared on scene as he gave a public speech. Abe played a unique role in the U.S.-China-Japan relationship—different from his predecessors. Grant Newsham, senior fellow of Japan Forum for Strategic Studies, tells us why Abe angered China and what his passing will bring out. After the news broke, comments mocking Abe's death started appearing on Chinese social media. But one reporter went against that trend. The U.S. ambassador to China is getting censored in his consular country. It’s happened three times in as many months. He responds.

Ellanjay

Council Member
Apr 11, 2020

Inflation: How China Is Making It Worse; Stopping the CCP’s Propaganda on Twitter and Facebook​

China Insider

Biden weighs removing tariffs on China. Is that a good plan to fight inflation? We discuss how China actually contributes to prices rising everywhere. What is the better approach? I also speak with Aron Solomon about his thoughts on dealing with Chinese officials on social media, while American politicians are banned on Chinese social media; Congressman Brian Mast’s bill to level the playing field; and what Aron Solomon disagrees with.

Ellanjay

Council Member
Apr 11, 2020

One Billion Personal Data Hacked From Shanghai Police; FCC’s Carr on TikTok and US Data Security​

China Insider

Shanghai police get hacked, and 1 billion people’s personal information is being sold online. What do we make of this? Usually, it’s the Chinese regime that steals data and trade secrets, like with TikTok recently. What happens if it is on the receiving end? Meanwhile, FBI Director Christopher Wray once again calls China the top threat. And I speak with FCC Commissioner Brendan Carr about his call to ban TikTok from app stores. A new investigation by the Federal Trade Commission on TikTok may begin soon.

Ellanjay

Council Member
Apr 11, 2020

Cost of Keeping One’s Faith​

Video

China in Focus
Tiffany Meier

In this special report, we delve into the Chinese regime’s war on faith, the different forms it takes, and what happens to those who dare to believe.
And joining us to shed light on the topic are Sam Brownback, former ambassador-at-large for International Religious Freedom; David Curry, president and CEO of Open Doors USA; Jeff King, president of International Christian Concern; Nadine Maenza, former chair of the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom; and Ethan Gutmann, research fellow in China Studies at the Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation.

Ellanjay

Council Member
Apr 11, 2020

‘Data Is the New Strategic Commodity of the 21st Century’: Arthur Herman on China’s Chip Race​

In this special episode, we sat down with Arthur Herman, senior fellow at the Hudson Institute and director of the Quantum Alliance Initiative. While microchips have been making the rounds in news headlines, there’s a recent report by the Center for Security and Emerging Technology (CSET) at Georgetown University titled “Managing the Chinese Military’s Access to #AIchips.” But what are AI chips, and what happens if China’s #Military gets a hold of these?
https://communismexposed.mp3mp4pdf.net/#telegram

Ellanjay

Council Member
Apr 11, 2020

An Industry of Genocide: Why China’s Organ Harvesting Can't Be Stopped? A Chat with Ethan Gutmann​

Reports on systematic organ harvesting from Falun Gong prisoners first emerged in 2006. 16 years later, this practice is still going on. The victims have expanded from Falun Gong to the Uighurs. Why couldn’t it be stopped? And who could be the next victims? I spoke with Ethan Gutmann, a pioneer researcher in this field and the author of the book: The Slaughter: Mass Killings, Organ Harvesting, and China's Secret Solution to Its Dissident Problem.

Ellanjay

Council Member
Apr 11, 2020

How an American Singer Fled Shanghai’s Lockdown; Bank Customers Brutally Beaten in China’s Henan

Video

China in Focus

More protests over bank freezes broke out in China over the weekend. Customers say they can’t access their money—while those who gathered to demonstrate were met with violence. Eyewitnesses blame it on plainclothes police. Secretary of State #AntonyBlinken met with his Chinese counterpart. The talks were described as a path toward easing tensions between Washington and Beijing. Blinken and Taiwan’s vice president visit Tokyo to pay their respects to former Japanese Prime Minister #ShinzoAbe. China’s Xi Jinping also extended condolences. An American singer tells us how she escaped Shanghai’s lockdown after witnessing suicide, protests, and being forced out of her home.

Ellanjay

Council Member
Apr 11, 2020

COVID-19 Sub-Variant to Lead Shanghai to Lockdown?

China in Focus

After living in Shanghai for 16 years, an American family decides to leave the Chinese city they call home. They explain what became the last straw. China announces its first case of a COVID-19 subvariant in Shanghai. Heavy restrictions are coming back to the city, while locals fear going back under lockdown. Beijing voices four preconditions for improving China–Australia relations. Australia’s prime minister responds. One man says he witnessed a patient being prepared for live organ harvesting in a Chinese military hospital. The non-consenting donor was still alive.

Ellanjay

Council Member
Apr 11, 2020

Parents Sue TikTok After Kids Die From Game; US Treasury Nominee Looks to Curb China’s Impact​

China in focus

Special thanks to Shen Yun Performing Arts for sponsoring this video!
Shen Yun Ticketing: https://shenyun.show/ChinaInFocus
Use code CNINFOCUS to waive the ticketing fees for all U.S. performances through July 31, 2022.

Seven Democratic lawmakers are pushing to blacklist multiple Chinese companies. But if the White House agrees, will President Joe Biden’s plan to decarbonize the power sector suffer?

The nominee for a U.S. Treasury job says he plans to curb China’s global influence and gives more detail on how to achieve that goal.

Vice President Kamala Harris reveals new measures for the Indo-Pacific. The United States is looking to expand its presence there to combat China’s influence.

Toward that goal, Australia meets with the leader of an island nation—one at the center of regional controversy.

Experts call for more scrutiny on TikTok, as the company faces a lawsuit over the deaths of two children.

F