What kind of music do you like?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
There has not been much talk of music around here, so let me start it off with that I like... maybe you wanna share your likes and dislikes?

I'm into house and certain dance music. I can't stand hip hop, but I like some older forms of rap just for nostalgic purposes :) 80's are cool, especially some of those cool new remixes they have out you might hear in clubs every now and then.

I also like some alternative, and especially older alternative style music like green day. I'm also into NDW.

For dancing purposes, I find it *extremely* hard to go with hiphop or kiddie-pop, you get the idea. I love going out dancing.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I'm old, so I'd have a hard time telling you the difference between "house" and "hard-house." :oops:

I like some country...what used to be called cow-punk, I guess it's alt-country now (Steve Earle, Hank Williams III, Speedbuggy USA, Luther Wright and the Wrongs), a fair bit of punk ranging from the old to the new, I listen to a lot of rock, old and new, folk music.

I'm not a big fan of rap (although I think the political messages in some of it are important) and can't stand whatever they're calling disco this year. I also don't like classical or opera, unless it's part of a Bugs Bunny cartoon.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Might as well add one of my favourite songs:

Falco - Jeanny
Falco - Coming Home (Jeanny II)

If anyone is every touched by slow songs, you gotta love the vocals in both of these songs. Half-German, Half-English.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Edge stuff is pretty good a lot of the time. It's not all my favourite music, but it's a great change from 99.9, CBC Radio 1, and CHUM 104.5!

I have some cool foreign music too.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Run Lola Run soundtrack.

Ginger_Ale

Electoral Member
May 23, 2004
Boston
I've listened to Czech Republic radio via the web. I can't understand it, but the music is cool. :wink:

I tend to listen to non-loud music. If it gets too loud, I don't enjoy it. It's not relaxing.

fuzzy

May 25, 2004
Smithers, BC
thats funny you listen to music from other countries why do you do that? can you understand things they say... i like hip hop rap rNb n cool stuff like that~

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
fuzzy said:
thats funny you listen to music from other countries why do you do that? can you understand things they say... i like hip hop rap rNb n cool stuff like that~

I listen to music from other countries, fuzzy. I can understand it just fine (see Who here is bilingual. Lots of us here speak different languages apart from English :) International music really is great. Good to experience other cultures from your computer.

If you have winamp 5.0 or higher, check out the radio stations they have you can listen to for free. There's some international radio stations there, so check it out!

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Let me just add to my repertoire of foreign music.. I also really like Nina Hagen!! She's so crazy it makes me feel sane when I listen to her. She's gonna be doing a concert in Montréal soon, as I got in my weekly Montréal newsletter :D

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
French folk mostly; La poutine Souriante, Mésailleux, Les Cowboys Fringuant. And then, club musique. Everything that has a groove to it, carrabean musique, reggea, soul, R&B, dance hall, trance...

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Numure: Tout est chaos.... A coté, Tous mes idéaux des mots abimés? That kind of club music?

I like some club music, ofcourse like I said before house.. but some Pop Dance is alright like Kylie Minogue. I get a laugh sometimes from reggae.