What is your vision for Canada?

mym!

Jun 29, 2004
T.O.
The last (yay! they're over!) elections made me discover something real important: Canadians hate each other... What's up with that? I used to think (being from Québec) that most of the hate was from the Québécois towards the rest, but then I discovered that oh boy do those Ontarians hate Quebecers, but then I discovered that oh man does Alberta thinks it's getting screwed over all the time, and then I discovered poor British Columbia thinks it's forgotten by politicians, and then I discovered Ontario thinks it's getting milked and doesn't get the cream back... (and then I'll discover that everyone coming from a province/territory I did not mention will feel slighted! :)) So... what do people want from Canada? Why are they part of Canada?

(Because you might wonder, I want to see a Canada where people know more about other provinces, because I think a lot of the hate simply stems from ignorance.)

Darkgrammer

Nominee Member
Well in my studies I have found that Canadians are in a Language Civil War.

Between English and French Speakers, some want to make everything English, some want all French.

Englishman: English is the best, eh.
Frenchman: Le English is dum, French is Paa'sionet.
Englishman: You take that back!
Frenchman: Make me you English snob!
Englishman: I'm aboot to kick your...
Frenchman: Le English are brutes, they cannot control themselves!
*They end up beating up each other, end of story*