What is your favourite orignal recipe?

RainbowChild

Apr 17, 2006
Hey the moose meat recipe sounds good. I never did care for the muskeggy taste of moose, and the tomatoe soup and garlic will or should kill that taste huh?

RainbowChild

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
A lot of times I don't use recipies, I just cook with what I have available...maybe I should write some of it down someday.

RainbowChild

Apr 17, 2006
Yeh i was thinking about having a recipe exchange party.

where you get together with your friends and copy down thier favorite and your favorite recipes, and put it all nice and organized in a binder or photo album or a coupon holder like thing.

Anyways you would get the recipes to paper that way, and then next is just trying to make, Jay.

Lol
RainbowChild

Lineman

No sparks please
Feb 27, 2006
Winnipeg, Manitoba
My recipe for ruffed grouse
-breast meat shuold be seperated from bone leaving two nice thick strips
-mix softened butter and mustard powder, about 3 spoons of butter and a 1/8 teaspoon of powder
-dry meat on paper towel the coat with butter mixture
-salt and pepper to taste
-wrap each breast with a slce of bacon, hold bacon in place with toothpicks
-place in covered roaster at 350 for about 1 hr with 1/2 cup of dry white wine. {chicken broth can be substituted for wine}
-remove lid and broil for 15 minutes turning often to crisp the bacon.

serve with wild rice and honey glazed carrots

surf girl

May 14, 2006
RE: What is your favourit

for the chili recipe,
I change the liquid from the stewed tomatoes, for a can of V8, it makes it even better!!
and with the left overs i make frito pie!!
hot chili on top of frito chips, with cheddar cheese on top and some sour cream

surf girl

May 14, 2006
salsa recipe:

Pico de Gallo,

2 big tomatoes
1 medium onion
1 clove of garlic
2 jalapenio peppers
cilantro
salt and pepper
fresh lime juice, about 6 to 10 limes

dice everything into tiny pieces, and mix it, add the lime juice and let it sit for at least 3 hours, the juice will make the flavor of the onion milder and will combine all the flavors, add as much cilantro as you want also chopped. season with salt and pepper

you can vary the amount of the ingredients depending to taste, it is great to have this with tacos, or just as a dip with big nacho chips.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Pancit Bihon

This is the way my wife's family makes their pancit bihon. It is a huge hit with all my non-filipino friends as well. All of the meats are interchangeable and optional.

1¼ hours 30 min prep

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs 1 lb lean pork, fat trimmed 1 lb small shrimp, shelled 3 cloves garlic, minced 1 small onion, thinly sliced 1/2 Chinese cabbage, thinly sliced 3 carrots, julienned 1/4 cup sesame oil or vegetable oil (may be substituted) 3 tablespoons soy sauce 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon pepper 1 lb rice noodles

1. Start by soaking rice stick noodles in warm water for 15 minutes or until softened, then drain.
  2. Bring chicken, pork and 1-1/2 cups water to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
  3. Remove from heat; shred the meat into small pieces- reserve the water.
  4. (A sturdy mixer such as a Kitchen Aid can be handy in shredding meat using the whisk attachment).
  5. Heat oil in a large, wide saute pan.
  6. Saute garlic and onion in oil until onion is translucent.
  7. Add shredded meat, shrimp and soy sauce and stir-fry 5 minutes.
  8. Over high heat, add cabbage, carrots, salt, pepper and 1 cup of broth.
  9. Stir fry for an additional 2 minutes.
  10. Reduce heat to low and add rice noodles, tossing gently (wooden spoons work best) until cooked through and well blended, approximately 3 minutes.
  11. If the mixture seems dry, add more broth.
  12. Serve immediately with soy sauce.