What is racism?

Does race account for differences in humans, in that a particular race is superior to others in cert

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bhoour

Electoral Member
May 10, 2005
earth
Re: RE: What is racism?

DasFX said:
bhoour said:
You can't categorize by race. DasFx, in what category will your kids fit into. Some like me, with multi *ethenic background* (Asian,European,Hispanic, Native Canadian and Slavic*), have trouble choosing just one ? :roll:
On a questionare I usually check other, or just write in human.

My kids will be hydbrid or biracial. *By the way Hispanic aren't a race. They are decendent of europeans but with a touch of native. :) I can't wait to see how you respond to that*.

:scratch:
did you read my post? .......
***ethnic background ***, not race.
There is only one race......
:salute:

pastafarian

Electoral Member
Oct 25, 2005
in the belly of the mouse
Here's an interesting take on why there are "white people". I remeber a short story by Arthur C. Clarke that had aliens (advanced humans) coming back and offering to cure any whites of their disease. Seems he wasn't too far off the mark.

Scientists said yesterday that they have discovered a tiny genetic mutation that largely explains the first appearance of white skin in humans tens of thousands of years ago, a finding that helps solve one of biology's most enduring mysteries and illuminates one of humanity's greatest sources of strife.
The work suggests that the skin-whitening mutation occurred by chance in a single individual after the first human exodus from Africa, when all people were brown-skinned. That person's offspring apparently thrived as humans moved northward into what is now Europe, helping to give rise to the lightest of the world's races.

Maybe it's that instinctive knowledge that has lead to the creation of tanning booths. Or maybe it's just that the skin thing is linked to a gene for silliness.

Washington Post