What is a coachhome?

tilt

Apr 30, 2006
Burlington, ON
Hi everyone :)

I might get a job with Telus and might have to move to Edmonton. I was browsing the rentals sites and found mention of a type of home called coachhome. Would someone kindly explain what a coachhome is? Thank you :)

While on the subject, would you also suggest areas I could look to live in? Preferably somewhere close to Telus (or within easy commuting distance), somewhere relatively crime-free, etc.?

Thank you all and cheers

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Tilt, a coach home could be one of two things a mobile home, usually 16wide by 60 long and it can be hauled and moved about to other locations. I've seen coach homes that resemble motor homes, it's a big ole honker of a vehicle that you drive like an RV only coach homes are an older model. I'm not sure if I'm correct, cheers.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
MA that is what I thought of also. Are we correct????
Kreskin by george I think you got it, I didn't see your post above MA's.

scott malcolm

Nominee Member
Dec 31, 2004
A coach home is is a detached like garage where the rich would keep their coaches. Usually with sleeping quarters above for the chauffers.

Or not

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Sassylassie said:
MA that is what I thought of also. Are we correct????
Kreskin by george I think you got it, I didn't see your post above MA's.

You said it much better. :)

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
lol will the correct answer get a prize? Come on Albertains, give Tilt some advice on where to live.

tilt

Apr 30, 2006
Burlington, ON
Well, I was looking under "Townhomes for rent" and I saw a few coachhomes in that category, so I guess it must be a kind of townhouse but with some differences maybe :)

Any ideas on where to live?

Cheers :)

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Re: RE: What is a coachhome?

tilt said:
Well, I was looking under "Townhomes for rent" and I saw a few coachhomes in that category, so I guess it must be a kind of townhouse but with some differences maybe :)

Any ideas on where to live?

Cheers :)

I think I"ve got it. You know sometimes you see a row of town homes, then in the middle or at the end, youwill see a mini town home, usually one floor instead of two? I'm positive that's what it is. Here, we call them carriage homes. You can find them in sub-division of two storey homes as well, usually not many of them.

cortezzz

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2006
can a coach home be considered a home away from home when it is moved somewhere else...

noodles

May 31, 2006
Edmonton
A coachhome is indeed a townhouse. The difference being that a coachhome has a fireplace and all appliances as standard equipment. Not all townhouses do. Also, coachhomes are more of a 'park-like setting' geared more towards adults. As well, coachhomes are not your standard 5-in a row type two story effort. Rather they are built in quadrants with a 1 1/2 story above ground.One of the largest property management firms here is 'Boardwalk Property Managers. If I find they're www. I'll post it for you.
As far as where to live goes. go online to a map of Edmonton. Telus' office towers are at 100 street and Jasper avenue.Depending on traffic and weather, could take from 15-45 mins. from anywhere in the city.Same map, find 118 avenue and 82 street. CIRCLE THIS AREA IN RED INK AND STAY AWAY!! Give this area a 12 block birth in any direction. Stay out of the northeast, and on the southside stay away from Millwoods. Theseareas are well known 'gang territory.' If you don't mind the commute, look outside of the city to small town living. It is much more peaceful and lower cost of living. Hope this helps you.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I live in Millwoods and it is a safe area to live. I don't know where noodles gets his info. There isn't an "area" in Edmonton 100% safe, just some areas that are "safer" than others. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, Millwoods gets a black eye and I honestly don't know why. I have lived here for 0ver 15 years and its as safe an area as I've ever lived in. The area has lots of parks, pathways, off-leash areas for dogs and recreation facilities for kids.

As for it being a "gang" area, again, statistics do not show that at all. While incidents have happened, proportionately they have happened all over the city and not especially in Millwoods. I think because Millwoods is a largely integrated community, the assumption is made that there is a lot of crime here and that, in fact, is false.

Just needed to clarify this misrepresentation of the area. I would imagine if you wanted to, you could check with the Edmonton Police Service and get crime statistics for various parts of the city. I think you'll find that Millwoods fares quite well as a safe place to live.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
My sister just moved into a "coach home" Now that I know what it is, I will try to explain it to you. It's generally a 2 story building with several apts above and below. The lower ones have patio's because, (obviously) its on the ground floor. There are apts on the 2nd level accessible via stairs. It her apt., there are 4 or 5 to a building (i.e. 10 apts). Kinda cool actually.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Coach

Home