What do you love about living in Alberta?

jmr23

Drivers in Alberta are great! Ever try driving in Montreal or anywhere in Quebec for that matter, rudest most ignorant dumb asses there are.
Alberta has loads of money, resources, and great people for the most part. They have values still and are friendly, willing to help others without a question.
Best province ever!!!

Carmoral

Nominee Member
Aug 4, 2006
When I lived there, I loved the way no one took any notice of the way you dressed or acted, and West edmonton mall was my heaven, I loved going to wendy's or humpties for breakfast, ate perogies till they came out of my ears, and most off all I love the fact that is where my hubby comes from, people in edmonton are so friendly and the guys there...well say no more hubby is looking over my shoulder, my friend back in Edmonton said she loves the way when she goes shopping that everyone always asks her if she had a good day? When this first happened to me I was like wow! go in a shop here in the UK and you get ignored until they think you just stuffed a pack of biscuits up ya jumper.
Not sure if the rest of Canada is the same or if Edmonton is the exception, but I for one cannot wait to go back there to live, it felt like home from day one.

iluvpoutine

Apr 12, 2005
Montreal
RE: What do you love abou

I lived briefly in Calgary 10 yrs ago. What I didn't like was: the cool summer nights, lack of humidity, the lack of good food in restaurants, no freshwater lakes that you could swim in, and the few religious nuts I was surrounded by in my office (I got in trouble for saying the word ' penis' in some joke - geez.....)...and their hatred for anything from Quebec! HA!

What I loved about Alberta: only ONE tax, the people were in general pretty friendly but the friendlier ones were from Saskatchewan, courteous drivers, the rockies, the wildlife, and the late nights in Summer! :)

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005
Among other things...warm sunny summer days but cool nights. I like the coziness of puting my pajamas on and crawling under the sheets even this time of year. I recall living in Montreal during my university days and spread out butt naked on bed and my skin sticking like Saran Wrap to whatever it touched. You can always add a blanket to get warm but in that Montreal heat and humidity nothing to take off after the socks and underwear.

stamps

May 27, 2006
Calgary
I love the night skyline of Calgary, the chinook winds that bring our warm winter weather, the cool summer nights, the Rocky Mountains in my back yard, the clean surroundings and cleaness of my hometown, the Calgary Flames and Stampeders, the Calgary Stampede, the beautifully positive aura of my city, the general lack of snow in the winter compared to most places in this country, the dramatic landscapes of Calgary and surrounding area..... and lastly the good life my province has afforded me and my family....