What are the Americans really doing in Iraq?

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Your article reminds me of Reagan's remark, you ain't seen nothing yet, baby.

Just wait until imperialist evil Bush:angryfire: invades Iran.

Do you know what false pretense he intends to use? Surely your propaganda machine must be laying the groundwork.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
I'll be back later.

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/08/15/Columns/Israel_s_pipe_dream__.shtml
-----------------------------------------------------------------
O.K., I'm back!! Haven't found yet what I was looking for, namely that the oil is already flowing via a direct line to Israel. But, I found a very comprehensive essay, titled...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Door To Iraq's Oil Opens[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]By M K Bhadrakumar [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]25 February, 2008
Asia Times Online

I found this in particular interesting
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The virtual "loss" of the EU market - in the near term, at least - compels Iran to turn more toward the Asian region. But here too, US pressure is working on India, one of Asia's most significant energy markets, from linking up with Iran. Washington is instead encouraging Indian companies to become active in Iraq. Ideally, Washington would like to promote a Turkey-Israel-India energy grid that could tap into the Iraqi reserves. This approach also fits in with the US geostrategy of developing Turkey, Israel and India as three "pivotal" states that are Washington's natural allies in the regions surrounding the volatile Middle East.[/FONT]
http://www.countercurrents.org/bhadrakumar250208.htm
--------------------------------------------------------------------
There is absolutely no way the US will ever leave Iraq!!! Reading HOW MUCH oil there is and how much more is still not developed, I cannot help but see Iraq as a fat pig that the US slaughtered. Everything is falling into place... Bush's legacy will be having secured America's energy needs and having enriched Big Oil beyond recognition as well as provided American companies with plum positions!! All possible with a faithful base of American taxpayers!
One hell of a success story for the Bush junior administration!!!
I don't think there is a need to still attack Iran.... tactical isolation maneuvers and sanctions will bleed it to death slowly.

I have not been patient enough tonight to read the entire essay so, I challenge anyone of you to beat me to it and report back with some good finds!!;-)

Last edited:

cranston36

Sep 28, 2006
Iraq is a convenient staging area to continue supplying the war in Afghanistan which is much more important than you may know.

'General' Patraeus is an incompetent. He is trying to hide the fact that his management style kills his own soldiers just as often as they kill others - sometimes the enemy. He has an office with no windows and he is surrounded by a few computer monitors. He commands by writing down commands on slips of paper or calling people up on the phone.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Iraq is a convenient staging area to continue supplying the war in Afghanistan which is much more important than you may know.

'General' Petraeus is an incompetent. He is trying to hide the fact that his management style kills his own soldiers just as often as they kill others - sometimes the enemy. He has an office with no windows and he is surrounded by a few computer monitors. He commands by writing down commands on slips of paper or calling people up on the phone.
Hi, Cranston;
how do you know this so in detail? Have you bin his adjutant??:smile: Just from looks impression I thought he was quite nice. Well, I know, appearing nice and being competent have worlds between them! But read this little piece of news I didn't know:
Time named Petraeus 33rd out of the 100 most influential leaders and revolutionaries of 2007. He was also named the second most influential American conservative by The Daily Telegraph and "America's most respected soldier" by Der Spiegel in 2008.
Petraeus has been reported to have expressed "long-term interest in running for the US presidency", which has been cited by critics as motivation for supporting the Republican party's position on the war in Iraq.
Wow! He is reaching for the top!

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
talloola said:
bush ... is beginning to look 'old'
'tired', and ... just like 'what' he is, a 'COMPLETE FAILURE', he has failed his own country , so
the idea of him going into Iran, seems ludicrous to me, and if he does, then he is even
more 'insane' than I give him credit for.
The money he has spent on the war is 'breaking the bank' and his country is broke.

http://www.booktv.org/program.aspx?ProgramId=9169&SectionName=&PlayMedia=No

C-Span made a great presentation today showing how Bush's war is far costlier than he and his regime have reported.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Scott Free said:
Do you know what false pretense he intends to use? Surely your propaganda machine must be laying the groundwork.

The following article answers your question:

http://www.antiwar.com/porter/?articleid=12443

Bush and his propaganda machinery tell the world of documents and other ''proofs'' of allegedly nefarious activities in Iran. All of their crap talk gets huge publicity. But when the truth comes out that shows Bush's story is all bogus, it gets no publicity at all.

With all of the USA naval vessels in that region, Bush and the Mossad can orchestrate an ''attack'' on one of them like they did a couple of months ago [and which was shown to be phony] in order to stir up war hysteria. That will give him the 'justification' he wants.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
The following article answers your question:

http://www.antiwar.com/porter/?articleid=12443

Bush and his propaganda machinery tell the world of documents and other ''proofs'' of allegedly nefarious activities in Iran. All of their crap talk gets huge publicity. But when the truth comes out that shows Bush's story is all bogus, it gets no publicity at all.

With all of the USA naval vessels in that region, Bush and the Mossad can orchestrate an ''attack'' on one of them like they did a couple of months ago [and which was shown to be phony] in order to stir up war hysteria. That will give him the 'justification' he wants.

Alright, I just went over to an American board I used to frequent and they're sure stirred up about Iran. Their even producing their own anti-Mahmoud Ahmadinejad propaganda!?!?!

It is completely irrational IMO, something like a feeding frenzy among sharks. What do you think could cause this and how is it that a whole board (approx 400) could lose all grip on reality? My guess is TV... but you live there right? What do you think?

Last edited:

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
The liberal web site www.democraticundeground.com has had several articles on freepers. These are right wingers who are paid to post hate filled diatribes in order to make it look like a certain viewpoint is a consensus among a large segment of the population. These hate filled posts that you see are probably the work of a group of paid freepers who want to create a war for the profit of wealthy elites, just like the war on Iraq.

Edited --- try this link:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/

Last edited:

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
The liberal web site www.democraticundeground.com has had several articles on freepers. These are right wingers who are paid to post hate filled diatribes in order to make it look like a certain viewpoint is a consensus among a large segment of the population. These hate filled posts that you see are probably the work of a group of paid freepers who want to create a war for the profit of wealthy elites, just like the war on Iraq.

I can't seem to make your link work but I am familiar with the concept. So are you saying that the majority of American people aren't really frothing at the mouth or that they are and one reason is this underground Goebbels inspired propaganda machine?

I know my American relatives are pretty much split. Some have rabies and some don't. I suppose that is more typical, however on the board I previously mentioned there does seem to be little rationality.

My personal opinion is that the American people are being prepared for a global war. It can't be like Iraq they need a war where people really participate. The reason I say this is that no new economic bubble has been found to absorb inflation. If one can't be found then it needs to be manufactured and global war fits the bill. The international bankers will be able to let their presses hum once again as we all try and rebuild what we once had. There needs to be a lull where the moneyed elite can buy up everything before the war starts.

I watched a movie the other night where the opening scene was of a nuclear blast going off in Texas. Except for the odd scream and running around the blast seemed to hardly disrupt the birthday party. It's like your being prepared and that preparation is lying to you. The message was that good little white people don't melt like evil little brown people and nuclear explosions aren't really that bad - they are survivable and princess won't even muss her golden locks. I know this was propaganda because a movie scene costs $100,000.00 and this one was probably even more but completely unimportant to the story, the plot or even the setting. It was just injected into a big name movie with lots of famous actors and had a very specific message.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Please note that I added another link above.

In reply to your query, the majority of Americans are opposed to Bush's war. The following surveyor has made numerous polls and affirmed this truth:

http://www.angus-reid.com/

In recent elections over the past two years, numerous Democrats have won a variety of offices over pro war Republicans. When asked why they voted Democrat, the respondents uniformly say it is because of their opposition to the war. We do not see massive rallies, but we do see changes in elected office and that's a good sign.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
U.S. checking possibility of pumping oil from northern Iraq to Haifa, via Jordan

The new pipeline would take oil from the Kirkuk area, where some 40 percent of Iraqi oil is produced, and transport it via Mosul, and then across Jordan to Israel.

The National Infrastructure Ministry has recently conducted research indicating that construction of a 42-inch diameter pipeline between Kirkuk and Haifa would cost about $400,000 per kilometer. The old Mosul-Haifa pipeline was only 8 inches in diameter.

Paritzky added that the plan depends on Jordan’s consent and that Jordan would receive a transit fee for allowing the oil to piped through its territory. The minister noted, however, that “due to pan-Arab concerns, it will be hard for the Jordanians to agree to the flow of Iraqi oil via Jordan and Israel.”
http://eldib.wordpress.com/2008/02/28/iraq-oil-to-be-shipped-to-israel/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to this article the oil isn't flowing yet..... I must have misread earlier.

Anyway, what could be nicer for Israel? I'm sure that was the plan right from the beginning.