WE really need to get rid of this guy

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
119,704
14,760
113
Low Earth Orbit
You're the ones that retain all the trappings of the British monarchy.
Ni! Dolboyob. Monarchy attempts were Federation of Canada which failed, the Dominion of Canada which too crapped out.
We are on our 3rd crack with monarch symbolism as the Corporation of Canada 1982 LLC with a Corporate Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Shit happens
Amen.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Taxslave2

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
39,861
3,750
113
Seoul spy agency says Kim’s daughter enters succession stage
“In the past, Kim Ju Ae was described as being ‘in successor training'

Author of the article:Bloomberg News
Bloomberg News
Shinhye Kang and Hyonhee Shin
Published Feb 12, 2026 • 3 minute read

This picture taken on November 28, 2025 and released by North Korea's official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) on November 30, 2025 shows North Korean leader Kim Jong Un (3rd L) and his daughter Ju Ae (2nd L) watching a demonstration flight commemorating the 80th anniversary of the founding of the Korean People's Army Air Force at Kalma Airfield in Wonsan, Gangwon Province. Photo by STR /KCNA VIA KNS/AFP via Getty Image
(Bloomberg) — North Korean leader Kim Jong Un’s teenage daughter appears to have entered a phase of being designated as his successor, South Korea’s National Intelligence Service told lawmakers, offering Seoul’s clearest assessment yet that a fourth generation of the Kim family dynasty is in the making.


In a closed-door briefing to parliament, the NIS said the girl — often referred to as Ju Ae by South Korean officials — has increasingly assumed a symbolic and political role consistent with succession training. The agency cited her repeated public appearances at key military events and her prominent positioning alongside her father during on-site inspections.


“In the past, Kim Ju Ae was described as being ‘in successor training,’ but notably today the NIS used the term ‘stage of being designated as successor,’” lawmaker Lee Seong-kweun, who attended the briefing, told reporters Thursday.

Lawmakers were told that the daughter’s protocol treatment, frequency of appearances and portrayal in state media point to structured preparation. That has included her attendance at military events such as Air Force Day celebrations as well as a visit to the Kumsusan Palace of the Sun — a symbol of hereditary succession. Both events were covered extensively by the Korean Central News Agency.


Seoul’s spy agency also cited instances in which she appeared to express views on policy initiatives during on-site inspections. Taken together, the NIS assessed that she has entered the stage of having been designated as successor.

The assessment builds on a steady stream of state media coverage over the past two years showing the daughter accompanying her father to intercontinental ballistic missile launches, military parades and meetings with senior defence officials.

Last year, Ju Ae — then believed to be about 12 or 13 — made a surprise trip to China with her father in what was seen as her first international appearance, intensifying speculation that she was being groomed as Kim’s eventual successor. She arrived aboard a bulletproof train to attend a military parade in Beijing, emerging just behind her father in a dark jacket with a navy ribbon in her hair.

While Kim attended the parade, his daughter wasn’t pictured at that venue in state media broadcasts.


The prospect of a female successor would mark a historic shift in North Korea’s deeply patriarchal political system, although the regime’s opaque inner workings make definitive conclusions difficult. Kim Jong Un himself was publicly confirmed as heir apparent only shortly before the death of his father, Kim Jong Il, in 2011.

Still, the NIS assessment suggests Seoul believes the grooming process has advanced beyond symbolic exposure to a more deliberate phase.

North Korea has been ruled by the Kim family since its founding in the 1940s. Ju Ae is believed to be one of two or possibly three children of Kim and his wife, Ri Sol Ju. No other children have been publicly confirmed by Pyongyang.

The agency said it will closely monitor whether she attends the Workers’ Party Congress later this month, the level of protocol accorded to her, the use of symbolic titles or her real name, and any potential revisions to Workers’ Party rules that could signal succession.

If borne out, the move would underscore the durability of the Kim family’s dynastic rule and signal Kim Jong Un’s confidence in consolidating power more than a decade after taking office in his late 20s and carrying out sweeping purges of potential rivals.
 

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
39,861
3,750
113
Seoul spy agency says Kim’s daughter enters succession stage
“In the past, Kim Ju Ae was described as being ‘in successor training'

Author of the article:Bloomberg News
Bloomberg News
Shinhye Kang and Hyonhee Shin
Published Feb 12, 2026 • 3 minute read

This picture taken on November 28, 2025 and released by North Korea's official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) on November 30, 2025 shows North Korean leader Kim Jong Un (3rd L) and his daughter Ju Ae (2nd L) watching a demonstration flight commemorating the 80th anniversary of the founding of the Korean People's Army Air Force at Kalma Airfield in Wonsan, Gangwon Province. Photo by STR /KCNA VIA KNS/AFP via Getty Image
(Bloomberg) — North Korean leader Kim Jong Un’s teenage daughter appears to have entered a phase of being designated as his successor, South Korea’s National Intelligence Service told lawmakers, offering Seoul’s clearest assessment yet that a fourth generation of the Kim family dynasty is in the making.


In a closed-door briefing to parliament, the NIS said the girl — often referred to as Ju Ae by South Korean officials — has increasingly assumed a symbolic and political role consistent with succession training. The agency cited her repeated public appearances at key military events and her prominent positioning alongside her father during on-site inspections.


“In the past, Kim Ju Ae was described as being ‘in successor training,’ but notably today the NIS used the term ‘stage of being designated as successor,’” lawmaker Lee Seong-kweun, who attended the briefing, told reporters Thursday.

Lawmakers were told that the daughter’s protocol treatment, frequency of appearances and portrayal in state media point to structured preparation. That has included her attendance at military events such as Air Force Day celebrations as well as a visit to the Kumsusan Palace of the Sun — a symbol of hereditary succession. Both events were covered extensively by the Korean Central News Agency.


Seoul’s spy agency also cited instances in which she appeared to express views on policy initiatives during on-site inspections. Taken together, the NIS assessed that she has entered the stage of having been designated as successor.

The assessment builds on a steady stream of state media coverage over the past two years showing the daughter accompanying her father to intercontinental ballistic missile launches, military parades and meetings with senior defence officials.

Last year, Ju Ae — then believed to be about 12 or 13 — made a surprise trip to China with her father in what was seen as her first international appearance, intensifying speculation that she was being groomed as Kim’s eventual successor. She arrived aboard a bulletproof train to attend a military parade in Beijing, emerging just behind her father in a dark jacket with a navy ribbon in her hair.

While Kim attended the parade, his daughter wasn’t pictured at that venue in state media broadcasts.


The prospect of a female successor would mark a historic shift in North Korea’s deeply patriarchal political system, although the regime’s opaque inner workings make definitive conclusions difficult. Kim Jong Un himself was publicly confirmed as heir apparent only shortly before the death of his father, Kim Jong Il, in 2011.

Still, the NIS assessment suggests Seoul believes the grooming process has advanced beyond symbolic exposure to a more deliberate phase.

North Korea has been ruled by the Kim family since its founding in the 1940s. Ju Ae is believed to be one of two or possibly three children of Kim and his wife, Ri Sol Ju. No other children have been publicly confirmed by Pyongyang.

The agency said it will closely monitor whether she attends the Workers’ Party Congress later this month, the level of protocol accorded to her, the use of symbolic titles or her real name, and any potential revisions to Workers’ Party rules that could signal succession.

If borne out, the move would underscore the durability of the Kim family’s dynastic rule and signal Kim Jong Un’s confidence in consolidating power more than a decade after taking office in his late 20s and carrying out sweeping purges of potential rivals.
i guess the apple won't fall far from the tree. :(
 

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
39,861
3,750
113
Tory MP Matt Jeneroux defects to Liberals
Jeneroux is the third Conservative MP cross the floor to the Liberals in three months

Author of the article:Bryan Passifiume
Published Feb 18, 2026 • Last updated 10 hours ago • 3 minute read

Conservative MP for Edmonton Riverbend Matt Jeneroux
Conservative MP for Edmonton Riverbend Matt Jeneroux rises during Question Period, Monday, Dec. 6, 2021 in Ottawa. Photo by Adrian Wyld /The Canadian Press
OTTAWA — Another Tory MP has crossed the floor to join the Liberals.

The news broke little after 10 a.m. Wednesday when Prime Minister Mark Carney announced Edmonton-Riverbend MP Matt Jeneroux — who in November 2025 announced his plans to step down from his seat in the House of Commons — would become the latest Conservative member of parliament to cross the floor to the Liberals.


“I am honoured to welcome Matt Jeneroux to our caucus as the newest member of Canada’s new government,” Carney posted on X.

“Building a stronger, more resilient, and more independent country will require ambition, collaboration, and occasionally, sacrifice. I am grateful to Matt and his family that he will continue his service as a strong voice for Edmonton Riverbend in Parliament.”



Jeneroux offered special advisor role in Liberal caucus
Carney’s social media post stated Jeneroux would be named “special advisor on economic and security partnerships,” describing him as a “strong voice” in international engagement and parliamentary diplomacy.

In announcing his now-aborted resignation in November, Jeneroux described it as “not an easy decision,” but he said it was the right thing to do — encouraging Canadians to put their faith in a Conservative government under party leader Pierre Poilievre.

Jeneroux’s resignation announcement came just days after Acadie-Annapolis MP Chris d’Entremont announced in early November his intention to cross the floor to the Liberals — at a time when the now-former Conservative MP was fighting off rumours he was planning a similar move.


Jeneroux’s surprise defection brings Alberta’s MP count to three, joining Calgary Confederation’s Corey Hogan and Edmonton Centre MP and cabinet minister Eleanor Olszewski, who serves as both Minister of Emergency Management and Community Resilience, and the minister responsible for Prairies Economic Development Canada.

House of Commons seat map
Changes to House of Commons seat map. Photo by Toronto Sun graphic
Defection will avoid byelection, Jeneroux said
In a statement posted to social media, Jeneroux said the decision to switch parties came out of conversations and reflections on the pressures being put upon Canada and what he described as “global pressures” on its prosperity.

“These conversations have been honest, difficult and deeply personal at times, but they also led me to reflect on the gravity of the moment that our country is living through,” he said, adding they reflected points made during Carney’s recent speech in Davos.


“For Canada, this is am omnent that demands steady leadership, constructive collaboration between all Parliamentarians, and a willingness to stand up and serve when when the path is not easy.”

Jeneroux’s decision to cross the floor instead of resigning his seat, he said, will sidestep the instability that subjecting his constituents to a byelection would.

Three Tories defected to Liberals in three months
Wednesday’s floor crossing brings the number of Tory MPs who’ve crossed to the Liberals to three in as many months.

In early November, Acadie-Annapolis MP Chris d’Entremont left the federal Conservative caucus for the Liberals, followed about a month later by Markham-Unionville MP Michael Ma.

Jeneroux‘s political career began in 2012 when he was elected as an Alberta MLA as a Progressive Conservative in the riding of Edmonton South West.


Jeneroux lost his seat in the 2013 election as part of that province’s stunning “Orange Crush” Alberta NDP upset over the Alberta PCs.

Later that year, Jeneroux won the federal election to represent Edmonton Riverbend for the Conservative Party Canada, winning the next three subsequent elections as a Tory.

Carney crafting majority from defections, not victories
Political commentator and Shift Media partner Stephen Taylor told the Toronto Sun this latest defection demonstrates Carney is doing everything he can to delay judgement on a number of recent big policy announcements.

“Prediction markets have now plunged on the question of a federal election before July — now we may not get one this year,” he said.

“The Prime Minister has been too busy talking up his plans without any evidence of implementation,” he said. “Canadians are starting to notice, so Carney is poaching MPs rather than trying to win a majority mandate.”

bpassifiume@postmedia.com
House-of-Commons-seat-map[1].jpg
 

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
39,861
3,750
113
‘ShamWow Guy’ running for Congress to combat ‘wokeism’: ‘VOTE FOR ME, A GUY WHO'S NOT HALF DEAD’
The ex-informercial star slammed the incumbent’s cognitive ability as 'worse than Biden'

Author of the article:Denette Wilford
Published Feb 18, 2026 • Last updated 16 hours ago • 2 minute read

Vince Offer Shlomi
Vince Offer Shlomi Photo by Vince Offer Shlomi /Facebook
Texas residents have another candidate to consider when voting for who they want in Congress: Vince Offer Shlomi, perhaps best known as the ‘ShamWow Guy.’


The former pitchman, who enthusiastically shilled the ShamWow and SlapChop, notes on his campaign website, “This woke mess won’t clean itself.”


However, Shlomi has some stiff competition in the form of longtime incumbent John Carter, a Republican who has held the seat for more than two decades.

The 84-year-old announced in November 2025 that he was running for re-election, something Shlomi is using to his advantage.

The ex-informercial star slammed Carter’s cognitive ability as “worse than Biden” in a recent ad, adding, “Vote for me, a guy who’s not half dead.”



Carter has received President Donald Trump’s endorsement for re-election, but Shlomi believes he is the better man for the job, suggesting to Fox News that the GOP incumbent’s continued time in the House of Representatives is almost like elder abuse.

“He’s not a fighter,” Shlomi said. “It’s not that he’s old, but his capacity is lacking and Trump doesn’t know that.”



Changes he would make, if elected
Shlomi’s mission is to “bring wholesomeness back to America” after pointing out its decline.

“I’m seeing people not standing up to things. Not thinking about God … kind of afraid, they’re kind of intimidated, walking on eggshells,” he explained. “I feel that we need to fight a little bit stronger on just the common-sense American value ideas.”

Shlomi acknowledged that his Congress efforts are are an “uphill battle” but told the outlet he believes it’s all part of a “higher purpose.”

He detailed: “The bottom line is I want to help clean the swamp. I’ve just seen the world, I’m looking at athletes, and they’re not standing up for kids, or standing up for girls, and they just go with whatever pays the most money. So, I just thought, you know what? I’m not a brave person, but I just can’t let this happen.”


Shlomi likens himself to Charlie Kirk
Shlomi, 61, told Time in November that the assassination of Charlie Kirk was the “catalyst” for his campaign to represent Texas’ 31st Congressional District.

“He is a woke buster,” Shlomi said of Kirk. “I felt like I have Charlie Kirk’s spirit in me, in a sense — or near me. It’s drawn me to do this.”

He added: “I guess I’m becoming the woke buster myself.”